🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A Feminine God?

In the days when I used to pray, I always prayed to. 'Mother, Father, God. Occult teachings take it for granted that God contains both aspects. But sex is a polarisation that only exists during physical incarnations. After all sex is for reproduction.

In the very earliest days of Mankind, long before written records, a wide variety of people carved images of a pregnant woman and worshiped it as Mother Earth.

Nobody has yet found evidence how or why that evolved into a male god. We do know that many civilizations like Greece, Rome, the Aztecs, Mayans, and many Asian religions have both male and female gods.

Why does everyone want to "figure out God"?
You either believe or you don't, and, if you do, you defer to Him in all matters

An interesting piece by a man who apparently acted as both an Episcopalian and Catholic preacher. It's a view I've often wondered about. If God made us in His image, how did He find the model for women? Perhaps God is actually a married Him and Her?

Read more @ Down the slippery slope to a feminine God National Catholic Reporter

That is actually closer to the original view of the ancient Jews. God was seen as the masculine and the Holy Spirit was seen as the feminine. Similar to the yin and yang. In fact the pronouns in Hebrew that are used to refer to the Holy Spirit are usually feminine. This became a big arguing point by some Gnostics who argued that Jesus could not have been conceived by the Holy Spirit since it is impossible for a woman to become pregnant from another woman. I think that's in the Gospel of Philip.

During the Middle Ages that concept got wiped out because everything had to be masculine. I am sure that guy knew that, but it's interesting to see it returning

You either believe or you don't, and, if you do, you defer to Him in all matters
what about believing, " figuring out " the Everlasting, surly there will be feminine gods to look after for and undoubtedly not to defer to ... nor the #1 if it can be avoided - once arrived.

what about believing, " figuring out " the Everlasting, surly there will be feminine gods to look after for and undoubtedly not to defer to ... nor the #1 if it can be avoided - once arrived.

.... no clue what you are saying here....

An interesting piece by a man who apparently acted as both an Episcopalian and Catholic preacher. It's a view I've often wondered about. If God made us in His image, how did He find the model for women? Perhaps God is actually a married Him and Her?

Read more @ Down the slippery slope to a feminine God National Catholic Reporter

Since when did Catholic priests start referring to themselves as preachers? Is that an attempt to reinvent themselves / to cause themselves to appear "Christian"? There is nothing Christian about Catholicism.

The slippery slope was there when Constantine invented Catholicism - because the Mary god they worship ( and she is deified and reverenced as being even higher than Jesus Christ! Even as if SHE were God) is in reality the pagan goddess - Semiramis - who was the orginal Babylonian goddess called "Queen of heaven"...

first gods were female, creator, mother, provider, life, nature, love, care for loved ones, even death was female (give and take of life)

Creatures of the making of the earth were female. Life, family love, society began and ended with the female.

Males cannot give birth without the female. Males kill and destroy.

Forum List

Back