🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A Fulfillment of Prophecy?

ah the op isn't looking for debate at all, she is looking for people to pat her on the back and say good job. Sowell offered safe predictions that work for child like minds. I see why the Op is all about them.

you people are a joke
Okay, you're on record as being unable to refute them.

Yup. When they atack me and Sowell, it pretty well means they've got nothing.

But surely in all those essays, Sowell got it wrong about something. I wonder if anybody will find anything at all and point that out?
Not so far.

But surely in all those essays, Sowell got it wrong about something. I wonder if anybody will find anything at all and point that out?
Not so far.

I haven't found anything either, but then I don't claim to be the most intelligent person among us either and I'm apparently sub-intelligent because I am a conservative libertarian type -- pretty stupid and non credible actually if I believe my press -- and, let's see what else --oh yeah, seeking affirmation and/or pats on the back.

So I'm hoping somebody with more credentials and credibility and smarts than I have will have compassion on me and educate me on how Sowell got it wrong.

The prophesy that in the end, Israel would stand alone is the most disturbing.

I first heard this when I was a teen. It was suggested that one of two things would have to happen. The US would abandon Israel or the US would no longer exist. At the time both possibilities were considered ridiculous.

Not so much any more.

It was also prophesied that Israel would rebuild the temple on the temple mount. The temple mount now sports the Dome of the Rock, a mosque and sacred to muslims as the place that Mohammed lifted off.

Dome of the Rock

I saw a History Channel show a few months ago about it. They are recreating all the items that were in the original temple EXCEPT the Arc of the Covenant. The person being interviewed said they weren't recreating that because they know where it is. But, at any rate, if they rebuild the temple they ill have to do something to evict the muslims from the foundation of it.

They will have to fight the muslims off of it and there is no way that Obama or any other muslim sympathizer who gets elected to office will support their effort.
That's the crux of the whole Israel debate: Islam is angry because Jews built their sacred religious sites under Islamic ones.

Actually, the place where that mosque is was the foundation for the temple long before islam. The Western Wall, AKA the Wailing Wall is what is left of the temple.

285px-Westernwall2.jpg

Western Wall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israelis are making reproductions of the temple's holy relics. So, it is a lead pipe cinch they plan to knock the muslims off that foundation. This country has become so engrossed in defending so called 'peaceful islam' that I can see the prophecy that Israel will stand alone could easily come about because the US abandons them. Any war in support of such a thing would be met with a great outcry from many Americans. That is my prophecy! LOL

ah the op isn't looking for debate at all, she is looking for people to pat her on the back and say good job. Sowell offered safe predictions that work for child like minds. I see why the Op is all about them.

you people are a joke

And he's answering himself. ^^^ LOL

Your Op offers nothing but safe predictions that most people running for office go through.
Take the sex education. Obama may support it but its not a smart thing to run on the national stage, so the idea he didnt speak about sex education for young kids ( which we all know is hogwash anyways) is rather typical and safe to assume. Candidates tend to run towards the middle when seeking a national office like the Presidents seat. Therefore it looks like said person is a liar.

These are very simple routine things that you are trying to treat as some major discovery, and should be praised for decades over.

Like i said you are an amateur trying to be a professional.

you people are a joke

there is nothing to refute. Sowell took very commonplace things that happen in elections and tried to look smart about it. The Op was attempting to be a Crank when in reality she basically wasted everyones time. Sowell does nothing but already confirm what you guys have been saying all along since 08. Therefore its nothing more than a circlejerk of partisans.

It would be like if Chris Matthews made a book about Bush stating the same type of lame predictions and the left drooling all over him like he is a genius.

you people are a joke

there is nothing to refute. Sowell took very commonplace things that happen in elections and tried to look smart about it. The Op was attempting to be a Crank when in reality she basically wasted everyones time. Sowell does nothing but already confirm what you guys have been saying all along since 08. Therefore its nothing more than a circlejerk of partisans.

It would be like if Chris Matthews made a book about Bush stating the same type of lame predictions and the left drooling all over him like he is a genius.

So, if there is nothing to refute, you agree that it is all true?

you people are a joke

lol..Ave-joe already covered it..sowell gave.vague middle of the road statements, you disagree with joe and thus dismiss him and anyone else. Then you ask where everyone is while high-fiving the like minded people.

amateur twat is amateur.

he didnt offer anything ground breaking. there is nothing a mildly interested person interested in politics wouldnt have already known.

Obama did what has been going on since 1784.

he didnt offer anything ground breaking. there is nothing a mildly interested person interested in politics wouldnt have already known.

So that is your critique of the essays? They are all accurate but it's okay because Obama is no different from anybody else?

So that is your critique of the essays? They are all accurate but it's okay because Obama is no different from anybody else?

i wouldnt say accurate...i stopped reading after a couple because i saw what was happening.

For those who aren't quite convinced that Obama is no different from anybody else and therefore whatever he does is okay. . . .

Here are a few paragraphs from the preface of Thomas Sowell's book The Vision of the Annointed: Self-congratulation as a basis for social policy (Note: This book was published in 1995):

The view of political commentary or writers on social issues often range across a wide spectrum, but their positions on these issues are seldom random. If they are liberal, conservative, or radical on foreign policy, they are likely to be the same on crime, abortion, or education. There is usually a coherence to their beliefs based on a particular set of underlying assumptions about the world--a certain vision of reality.

Visions differ of course from person to person, from society to society, and from one era to another. Visions also compete with one another, whether for the allegiance of an individual or of a whole society. But in some eras one vision so predominates over all others that it can be considered the prevailing vision of that time and place. This is the current situation among the intelligentsia of the United States and much of the Western world, however much their vision may differ from the visions of most other people. Individual variations in applying this underlying vision do not change the fundamental fact that there is a particular framework of assumptions within which most contemporary social and political discourse takes place in the media, in academnia, and in politics.

The rise of the mass media, mass politics, and massive government means that the beliefs which drive a relatively small group of articulate people have great leverage in determining the course taken by a whole society.

The analysis that follows is not only an examination of the vision of this elite intelligentsia and their numerous followers in the political arena and in the courtrooms, but is also an empirical comparison between the promised benefits of policies based on that vsiion and the grim and often bitter consequences of those political and judicial decisions. In short, the purpose is not simply to see what kind of world exists inside the minds of a self anointed elite, but to see how that world affects the world of reality in terms as concrete as crime, family disintegration, and other crucial social phenomena of our times.

The immediacy of the issue involved only makes it more imperative to understand the past from which they came and the future toward which they lead. . . .
--Thomas Sowell

It is this concept that I believes drives Thomas Sowell in his modern historical research and commentary. It is this concept that I believe inspired those essays on what kind of Presidency we could expect from a Barack Obama.

i wouldnt say accurate...i stopped reading after a couple because i saw what was happening.

So it is safe to say you haven't read a single one of those essays in its entirety and that you only scanned over a couple of the summaries in the OP, so you don't know whether they are accurate or not but in any case whatever Obama is or does is okay because he is no different from anybody else?

Would you also agree that a refusal to read the OP, much less the essays, pretty well disqualifies you as competent to evaluate the content?

Last edited:
The rise of the mass media, mass politics, and massive government means that the beliefs which drive a relatively small group of articulate people have great leverage in determining the course taken by a whole society.

true see fringe of both parties....nothing really new here.

Sorry bout that,

1. The prophets were saying America would go to shit if Obama got elected.
2. Look around they were right!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So it is safe to say you haven't read a single one of those essay in its entirety and that you only scanned over a couple of the summaries in the OP, so you don't know whether they are accurate or not but in any case whatever Obama is or does is okay because he is no different from anybody else?

Would you also agree that a refusal to read the OP, much less the essays, pretty well disqualifies you as competent to evaluate the content?

his comments on Wright,ayers and sex ed is middle of the road statements that a child could figure out. how many times do i need to repeat thew same shit? you that stupid?

It was also prophesied that Israel would rebuild the temple on the temple mount. The temple mount now sports the Dome of the Rock, a mosque and sacred to muslims as the place that Mohammed lifted off.

Dome of the Rock

I saw a History Channel show a few months ago about it. They are recreating all the items that were in the original temple EXCEPT the Arc of the Covenant. The person being interviewed said they weren't recreating that because they know where it is. But, at any rate, if they rebuild the temple they ill have to do something to evict the muslims from the foundation of it.

They will have to fight the muslims off of it and there is no way that Obama or any other muslim sympathizer who gets elected to office will support their effort.
That's the crux of the whole Israel debate: Islam is angry because Jews built their sacred religious sites under Islamic ones.

Actually, the place where that mosque is was the foundation for the temple long before islam. The Western Wall, AKA the Wailing Wall is what is left of the temple.

285px-Westernwall2.jpg

Western Wall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I said the Jewish sites are UNDER the Muslim ones, hon. :lol:
Israelis are making reproductions of the temple's holy relics. So, it is a lead pipe cinch they plan to knock the muslims off that foundation. This country has become so engrossed in defending so called 'peaceful islam' that I can see the prophecy that Israel will stand alone could easily come about because the US abandons them. Any war in support of such a thing would be met with a great outcry from many Americans. That is my prophecy! LOL
Indeed it would.

Sorry for the OT, Foxfyre.

So it is safe to say you haven't read a single one of those essay in its entirety and that you only scanned over a couple of the summaries in the OP, so you don't know whether they are accurate or not but in any case whatever Obama is or does is okay because he is no different from anybody else?

his comments on Wright,ayers and sex ed is middle of the road statements that a child could figure out. how many times do i need to repeat thew same shit? you that stupid?

Did you read the groundwork he laid for those comments? The rationale he used to arrive at the conclusions he offered? Of course you didn't since you only scanned over a couple and then didn't even read the OP, much less the essays.

So again would you agree that a person who refuses to read the OP, much less the material offered to support it, pretty well disqualifies that person as competent to evaluate the content?

you people are a joke

I'm sure you like to pretend so.

And yeah, you guys know I love you but I would appreciate your taking the Israel discussion to another thread. ((hugs))

Forum List

Back