A Godly Man Speaks

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Pope, on Christmas Eve, says faith demands respect of immigrants

Well I am not a catholic but the old fella pretty much nails it.

“So many other footsteps are hidden in the footsteps of Joseph and Mary. We see the tracks of entire families forced to set out in our own day. We see the tracks of millions of persons who do not choose to go away, but driven from their land, leave behind their dear ones,”

As security measures are put in place.

I'd be more accepting of them if they returned the respect they demand.

I would rather to fight and die than run from my home begging for help.

Once again, most conservatives are at odds with fundamental Christian dogma.

And the notion that to enforce immigration laws is not to disrespect immigrants fails as a red herring fallacy.

This issue isn’t the enforcement of laws, the issue is conservatives’ unwarranted fear of, and contempt for, immigrants: by denying them their right to due process, by denying them entry for no other reason than their religion or country of origin, and by subjecting them to bigotry and hate.

And the notion that to enforce immigration laws is not to disrespect immigrants fails as a red herring fallacy.

This issue isn’t the enforcement of laws, the issue is conservatives’ unwarranted fear of, and contempt for, immigrants: by denying them their right to due process, by denying them entry for no other reason than their religion or country of origin, and by subjecting them to bigotry and hate.
Proof that Jones is not qualified to determine what is or is not a fallacy.

Is the Pope still a godly man when he speaks of abortion and homosexuality as sinful?

Is the Pope still a godly man when he speaks of abortion and homosexuality as sinful?
"
CNN)Pope Francis said Sunday that Christians owe apologies to gays and others who have been offended or exploited by the church, remarks that some Catholics hailed as a breakthrough in the church's tone toward homosexuality.

"I repeat what the Catechism of the Catholic Church says: that they must not be discriminated against, that they must be respected and accompanied pastorally," Francis said at a press conference aboard the papal plane returning from Armenia.

"The Church must ask forgiveness for not behaving many times -- when I say the Church, I mean Christians! The Church is holy, we are sinners!" -2016

"
CNN)Pope Francis said Sunday that Christians owe apologies to gays and others who have been offended or exploited by the church, remarks that some Catholics hailed as a breakthrough in the church's tone toward homosexuality.

"I repeat what the Catechism of the Catholic Church says: that they must not be discriminated against, that they must be respected and accompanied pastorally," Francis said at a press conference aboard the papal plane returning from Armenia.

"The Church must ask forgiveness for not behaving many times -- when I say the Church, I mean Christians! The Church is holy, we are sinners!" -2016
Yet homosexually is still a sin to the Pope and the church! So is abortion. Hate the sin, love the sinner!

"

Yet homosexually is still a sin to the Pope and the church! So is abortion. Hate the sin, love the sinner!
Yes, all goofy dogma, no doubt.

"

Perhaps....but then being “godly” would then be simply goofy dogma.

We could list the names of the victims of terrorist attacks, but there is not enough space.
Muslims are not immigrating to assimilate, they are coming to conquer
Please show some pity for the thousands of victims of Islamic hate and violence.
They deserve some respect.

When he lets "immigrants" move into Vatican City I'll consider listening to him. I won't listen to him but I will consider it.

I note he hasn't offered any of the vast riches of the RCC to help in the matter either.
Actually, the Catholic charities do quite a bit for refugees and immigrants.

And none of the vast wealth of Vatican city is used for charitable purposes.
"

Perhaps....but then being “godly” would then be simply goofy dogma.
Of course it is. So would being "unicornly".

Forum List

Back