A good day for Assange

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Well I do not care over much for him. But this must surely bring to an end his fight for freedom.

Its also a good day for democracy in britain. It shows that our courts are independent of govt.

I think the US could have had him a little while back, but they would not agree to forgo torture on him. We have to be careful when sending people to the developing world.

Biden is reportedly considering to pardon him.
Not likely, since Assange faces 175 years in prison if convicted of over a dozen espionage charges.

Ref: Chelsea Manning - She was sentenced to 35 years at the maximum-security U.S. Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth.

His partner in crime.

Not likely, since Assange faces 175 years in prison if convicted of over a dozen espionage charges.

Ref: Chelsea Manning - She was sentenced to 35 years at the maximum-security U.S. Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth.

His partner in crime.
He should have known that no cockroach gives a fuck about his revealments.

Well I do not care over much for him. But this must surely bring to an end his fight for freedom.

Its also a good day for democracy in britain. It shows that our courts are independent of govt.

I think the US could have had him a little while back, but they would not agree to forgo torture on him. We have to be careful when sending people to the developing world.

So pissed that Trump didn't treat Snowden and Assange as National heroes. No more Pompeos!

His partner in crime.

Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Garland and Wray should be looking at 175,000 years each

Heres a previous thread.

Ridiculous characterization there, Thomas of Wales. I am not sure the first amendment would apply in this case even if he were a US citizen if the government can prove that Assange conspired with Manning to steal the data to begin with. Reports were Assange was working with Manning to bypass network security so that Manning could steal the data without them being able to trace it to Manning. The first amendment case law requires that the press have clean hands to avail themselves of its protections when it comes to stolen information.

His partner in crime.
“She was imprisoned from 2010 until 2017 when her sentence was commuted by President Barack Obama.”

Wiki

Ridiculous characterization there, Thomas of Wales. I am not sure the first amendment would apply in this case even if he were a US citizen if the government can prove that Assange conspired with Manning to steal the data to begin with. Reports were Assange was working with Manning to bypass network security so that Manning could steal the data without them being able to trace it to Manning. The first amendment case law requires that the press have clean hands to avail themselves of its protections when it comes to stolen information.
I am not really bothered about US law. We cant hand over someone to a possible death sentence.

Maybe the court wasnt convinced.
There is a legal reason for the U.S. to disavow a possible death sentence. The state holding the prisoner isn’t required to deliver him if he could be executed.

The U.S. can’t reneg on that commitment, either. It would destroy any chance of us ever getting another prisoner from any other nation in any capital case.

The courts have always been independent from government, that's why the government can often lose court cases.

Assange should be freed, all he did was highlight the USA's military war crimes.

Not so fast Tommy, he has the right to appeal but it aint over yet, the whole thing has been a bloody disgrace, the message from the Empire is this is what happens to people who expose them, he is a brave man and our Country sank to a new low with their torture of this man, he has been in Belmarsh for five years, wonder why they never arrested the editor of the Guardian because he published the same info?

His partner in crime.
There was no crime, at least not by Assange, the criminals were the ones responsible for the collateral murder incident in Iraq when Apache choppers murdered some Reuters journalists and civilians, you ok with that?

Forum List

Back