A Good Idea by the Trump Administration

As Dairies Dump Milk, Frustration Mounts Over Retail Buying Limits
webimage-0DF956D4-ADAD-4B62-8FF70C1EB03436A3.jpg

Farmers from across the country are being asked to dump their milk this week, as the restaurant and food service demand crumbled rapidly due to COVID-19.
( Ben Butler, Twitter )

So, what is the cost of milk, cheese and butter at your local grocery store. . . is it even on the shelves?
Not regularly, no. It is obvious the problem lies in distribution, if a national grocery chain can't keep it on the shelves. Same way with a lot of items since March. And the farmers are dumping it. So, the problem is somewhere in the middle, yes?

That's a heart breaking picture. And of course, you have to milk the cows.
They could solve the problem tomorrow by letting restaurants open up tomorrow, by telling the truth about this "illness," opening up the economy and encouraging folks to visit restaurants.

If folks feel sick, tell them to stay home till they feel better.

End of food problems.

Late last week, the Trump administration stepped in, announcing a $19 billion program to help the struggling agriculture sector and distribute food to families in need. The aid package includes the government purchase of $3 billion in dairy, produce and meat products that will go to food banks and those in need. (About $16 billion is going to direct payments to farmers and ranchers.)

But the effort must overcome the challenges that led to the disconnect in the first place: Fresh produce and dairy must be transported from farms to food banks in refrigerated trucks. Refrigerator and freezer storage space must be available on the receiving end to accommodate a surge of frozen meat. Food that originally was slated for restaurant supply must be repackaged for home use. And all of this must occur while maintaining social distancing and without increasing the demand for labor because food banks, while running low on supplies, are running even lower on volunteers.

I tried to summarize the main points in my OP, but it's a long article and we're not supposed to post long articles here. Apparently I can copy and paste, though, which surprises me. If anyone raises a point that the article addresses, I'll quote more details.

By FEEDING them? You've got the wrong end of the stick on this one.

No, I don't. What do you think I meant by submission?

They want people to have to depend on government for sustenance.
Do you disagree with the government helping to get food that would otherwise be wasted to the people who are hungry?
The government won't help, as they are the ones that have created this problem to begin with. This was all planned.
OH HORSE SHIT, Mr. Beale. I'm am sick to death of your conspiracy theories and "Government is the boogey man" yammering. Try thinking of something else once in awhile, wouldja?

Do you disagree with the government helping to get food that would otherwise be wasted to the people who are hungry?

You're speaking from the heart, OL. Which is understandable. Respectable even. So I'm just not gonna go there with you.

Any response I'd provide to your question would reside in the same tenor as that of my previous thought on th matter.

Late last week, the Trump administration stepped in, announcing a $19 billion program to help the struggling agriculture sector and distribute food to families in need. The aid package includes the government purchase of $3 billion in dairy, produce and meat products that will go to food banks and those in need. (About $16 billion is going to direct payments to farmers and ranchers.)

But the effort must overcome the challenges that led to the disconnect in the first place: Fresh produce and dairy must be transported from farms to food banks in refrigerated trucks. Refrigerator and freezer storage space must be available on the receiving end to accommodate a surge of frozen meat. Food that originally was slated for restaurant supply must be repackaged for home use. And all of this must occur while maintaining social distancing and without increasing the demand for labor because food banks, while running low on supplies, are running even lower on volunteers.

I tried to summarize the main points in my OP, but it's a long article and we're not supposed to post long articles here. Apparently I can copy and paste, though, which surprises me. If anyone raises a point that the article addresses, I'll quote more details.
Well, I can't explain the discrepancy of what the government is saying, and what we are seeing.

I really can't.

What do you think. You going to believe what they are saying, or what you are seeing?

Ah crap. I darned near choked on my Ensure Plus on that one. OL, you're funny the way you respond sometimes. lol.

Aaaaaw, horse shit....

lolol.

It is obvious that opening restaurants would do a lot of good as far as the food situation goes. Who knew that restaurants were such a big part of not just the economy but so critical to our farmers and food preparers? I don't think they realized when they shut them all down. So how can we work around that problem now, in light of the fact that it is not time to relax social distancing to the extent of reopening every dine-in restaurant? Let's brain storm.

Old Lady, Natural Citizen is correct, this is an artificially created government crises.

We know now that this food shortage has been caused, because those people who usually eat at restaurants, have been forced to buy food at grocery stores. The grocery stores do not have the supply to feed the nation.

The food that would otherwise go to restaurants and institutions is being thrown out.

Likewise, my SNAP benefits were just adjusted down by a hundred dollars, they are no longer supporting the elderly, the poor, the disabled or those food insecure due to decreased supply at the grocery stores.

Have you seen the lines at the food banks?

We also know now, from independent studies that this pandemic has been wildly exaggerated. It was not necessary to shut down the economy or stop folks from going to restaurants. This is a highly regarded professor from Stanford;

. . . and Dr. Fauci's own research.

This article explains statistics on excess mortality.

quote-who-controls-the-food-supply-controls-the-people-who-controls-the-energy-can-control-henry-a-kissinger-65-36-98.jpg

You do know that food distributed is owned by only a handful of corporations.

Do yourself a favor, STOP reading the CIA sponsored WaPo.

WaPo is a State propaganda outlet for pushing the official narrative. If you read the independent press, it is becoming clear, the official narrative is a lie.

Now, more than ever.

I'm having trouble understanding why milk consumption is going down. The kids aren't drinking it at school and the restaurants aren't serving cheese, I get that part. But it isn't as if these kids and restaurant goers have disappeared, either. They are just consuming it at home, aren't they? So why can't the grocery stores order MORE? I don't get that part. Around here, the dairy aisle (and eggs and sometimes bread) is bare some days. Why is it so hard to take that food that isn't being bought by the restaurants and sell it to the grocery stores?

I think my questions are being answered by the distribution problem again. They were crying for truck drivers BEFORE this crisis hit. Now they're up shit crick without a paddle. Maybe.

Old Lady, Natural Citizen is correct, this is an artificially created government crises.

We know now that this food shortage has been caused, because those people who usually eat at restaurants, have been forced to buy food at grocery stores. The grocery stores do not have the supply to feed the nation.

The food that would otherwise go to restaurants and institutions is being thrown out.

Likewise, my SNAP benefits were just adjusted down by a hundred dollars, they are no longer supporting the elderly, the poor, the disabled or those food insecure due to decreased supply at the grocery stores.

Have you seen the lines at the food banks?

We also know now, from independent studies that this pandemic has been wildly exaggerated. It was not necessary to shut down the economy or stop folks from going to restaurants. This is a highly regarded professor from Stanford;

. . . and Dr. Fauci's own research.

This article explains statistics on excess mortality.

quote-who-controls-the-food-supply-controls-the-people-who-controls-the-energy-can-control-henry-a-kissinger-65-36-98.jpg

You do know that food distributed is owned by only a handful of corporations.

If the restaurants were open to get deliveries, how would that make any difference?

Now, the government is going to command where those deliveries are to be repackaged and made. . . . it would appear. :dunno:

. . . "command?" As in a command economy?

a3.jpg

WaPo is a State propaganda outlet for pushing the official narrative. If you read the independent press, it is becoming clear, the official narrative is a lie.

Now, more than ever.
I'm ignoring you, just so ya know. I'm still hoping to get a feet on the ground, helpful comment out of you someday, but this ain't gonna be that day, it seems.

I'm having trouble understanding why milk consumption is going down. The kids aren't drinking it at school and the restaurants aren't serving cheese, I get that part. But it isn't as if these kids and restaurant goers have disappeared, either. They are just consuming it at home, aren't they? So why can't the grocery stores order MORE? I don't get that part. Around here, the dairy aisle (and eggs and sometimes bread) is bare some days. Why is it so hard to take that food that isn't being bought by the restaurants and sell it to the grocery stores?

I think my questions are being answered by the distribution problem again. They were crying for truck drivers BEFORE this crisis hit. Now they're up shit crick without a paddle. Maybe.
I TOLD you, because restaurant are no longer using dairy products.

I think you greatly underestimate how many folks in this nation used to eat out.

It is obvious that opening restaurants would do a lot of good as far as the food situation goes. Who knew that restaurants were such a big part of not just the economy but so critical to our farmers and food preparers? I don't think they realized when they shut them all down. So how can we work around that problem now, in light of the fact that it is not time to relax social distancing to the extent of reopening every dine-in restaurant? Let's brain storm.
Learn how to cook.

Now, more than ever.
I'm ignoring you, just so ya know. I'm still hoping to get a feet on the ground, helpful comment out of you someday, but this ain't gonna be that day, it seems.
So because my comments don't fit with your world view, or the links with facts that don't fit with your narrative disturb you, you ignore them?

iu

Now, more than ever.
THAT must be why 9/10ths of the conservatards here refuse to so much as believe anything WaPo says. Because they are so pro government administration.
:laughing0301:

Learn how to cook.
Now there's an idea. We've all got plenty of time, too.

I can see that the problem here is that many well-meaning people put their trust in government, not realizing that the powers that be (those with the real control) are not your friend and do not care about you. Until this gets through people's heads, the masses are going to keep going along with everything, like sheep heading to slaughter.

Forum List

Back