A gun made for women? European women don't bother watching, you aren't allowed to protect yourselves anyway....

It is isn't it?
I'm sure it's as clever as anything you've ever posted.

iu

Thanks for telling me what you think I could have meant by it ...
And proving it true at the same time ... :auiqs.jpg:

You put a lot of effort to make yourself "unique" by center justifying your posts. I'm impressed.

You are a credit to the human race. And everyone loves you.

You put a lot of effort to make yourself "unique" by center justifying your posts. I'm impressed.

You are a credit to the human race. And everyone loves you.

One of the reasons I center justify ...
Is because it compels nitwits to say something about it when they have nothing else worth saying.
Works every time ... Proving my original comment was correct ... And you just cannot help yourself ... :auiqs.jpg:

One of the reasons I center justify ...
Is because it compels nitwits to say something about it when they have nothing else worth saying.
Works every time ... Proving my original comment was correct ... And you just cannot help yourself ... :auiqs.jpg:

Well, that certainly explains the fact that you have provided NOTHING OF VALUE in the last several posts yourself.

But I guess being a massive hypocrite tool is part of your repertoire, eh?

Well, that certainly explains the fact that you have provided NOTHING OF VALUE in the last several posts yourself.

But I guess being a massive hypocrite tool is part of your repertoire, eh?

I never claimed to be making any remarkable statement ... You claimed that must be what I was thinking.
You keep telling me what you are thinking with your responses, and it's rather pathetic ... Not what I am thinking.

Stop struggling ... It's only going to drown you ... :auiqs.jpg:

I never claimed to be making any remarkable statement ... You claimed that must be what I was thinking.
You keep telling me what you are thinking with your responses, and it's rather pathetic ... Not what I am thinking.

Stop struggling ... It's only going to drown you ... :auiqs.jpg:

You're boring me now, simp. Sorry if I leave now and leave you to it. Enjoy your onanism.

Firearm related deaths in USA so far this year 37,040, UK 162.

In contrast to the U.S. and Latin America, gun deaths are extremely rare in countries like Japan, the United Kingdom, Norway, and Australia. These countries have implemented incentives or passed legislation to decrease the number of firearms in circulation. For example, in July 2021, Australia implemented a permanent gun amnesty program, in which unregistered firearms could be anonymously surrendered at police stations.

Japan boasts a population of more than 127 million people, yet finished 2019 with a gun death rate of only .02 per 100,000 people. One major factor in this success is that Japan has some of the strictest gun control laws in the world. For Japanese citizens to purchase a gun, they must attend an all-day class, pass a written exam, and complete a shooting range test, scoring at least 95% accuracy. Candidates will also receive a mental health evaluation, performed at a hospital, and will have a comprehensive background check done by the government. Only shotguns and rifles can be purchased. The class and exam must be retaken every three years. Gun Deaths by Country 2022

And about Australia?

It's a portrait of the average Australian who operates in the country's illegal firearms market, built from the findings of a 2022 Deakin University study.

In the study, criminology professor David Bright and his colleagues conducted 75 interviews with prisoners across 16 correctional facilities comprising drug traffickers, members of organised crime gangs and armed robbers.

The researchers were attempting to build a picture of the illegal gun trade in the Australian underworld.

They found buying an illegal gun in Australia could be as easy as a trip to the supermarket for those in the know.

Figures show a deep reservoir of illegal firearms exists for criminals to tap into, with police measures only able to recover tiny fractions each year.

----

Professor Bright said most of the interviewees came from backgrounds where criminal behaviour and access to guns were the norm.

----

"Some of the stories were shocking, I suppose, in the sense of the violence that some of these men had either experienced or had engaged in using guns," Professor Bright said.

"The other surprising thing was just how easily some of these men were able to access firearms."

---

The source of illegal firearms

The Deakin University study identified the main ways illegal firearms were procured in Australia.

Very few criminals interviewed spoke of obtaining weapons through the internet or "dark web", with them instead preferring to rely on personal connections.

Guns are commonly obtained from friends and family, as well as from deals where a trusted party has vouched for the potential buyer.

One prisoner was given guns on the condition that he attacked certain people to earn them.

"I had to do two things to get the guns, but that was simple so I didn't really have to do much," they said.

"I just had to shoot at people … I didn't care … I was getting free guns out of it."
---
Police use firearms prohibition orders (FPOs) to ban people they believe are linked to organised crime from coming into contact with guns.
---
In 2019 — the year after FPOs were introduced — Victoria recorded a nine-year high in firearm assault deaths.
---
The latest figures from the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) estimate there are at least 260,000 illegal firearms circulating in Australia.
In its report, it states the number of illegal firearms could be as high as 600,000 if estimation methods from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime were used.
---
It means the seizures represent just a fraction of a percentage of Australia's illegal firearms market. And for those convicted of serious gun-related crimes in SA and NSW, not much has changed.

The insular nature of the illegal firearms market has led to increased caution among criminals when trafficking and carrying firearms, but the ease of access remains the same.

"Honestly, the access is pretty easy. I could get access to a gun within an hour of walking out of jail … no problem at all," one prisoner said in the Deakin report.

As Melbourne and Sydney reel from inner-city shootings, researchers look to trace where the guns are coming from

Firearm related deaths in USA so far this year 37,040, UK 162.

In contrast to the U.S. and Latin America, gun deaths are extremely rare in countries like Japan, the United Kingdom, Norway, and Australia. These countries have implemented incentives or passed legislation to decrease the number of firearms in circulation. For example, in July 2021, Australia implemented a permanent gun amnesty program, in which unregistered firearms could be anonymously surrendered at police stations.

Japan boasts a population of more than 127 million people, yet finished 2019 with a gun death rate of only .02 per 100,000 people. One major factor in this success is that Japan has some of the strictest gun control laws in the world. For Japanese citizens to purchase a gun, they must attend an all-day class, pass a written exam, and complete a shooting range test, scoring at least 95% accuracy. Candidates will also receive a mental health evaluation, performed at a hospital, and will have a comprehensive background check done by the government. Only shotguns and rifles can be purchased. The class and exam must be retaken every three years. Gun Deaths by Country 2022

More about Australia......

He said some of the interviewees spoke of illegal firearm suppliers having "huge caches" of guns, including pistols, shotguns and semi-automatic rifles.

It's --your-- claim - onus is on you to back it up.
And it looks like you know you cannot.
I have backed it up to my satisfaction with post #53. My point is further reinforced because 2aguy launched a torrent of cherry picked cut and paste posts to try and deflect and obfuscate, like he normally does when his "argument" (and I use the term loosely, is destroyed.

Still if you look at countries with strict gun controls, their gun death figures are dramatically lower, even allowing for differences in population to those of the USA.

Case in point, and I only show this as an example because I live there 5-6 months of the year; Spain.

Spain has some of the most draconian gun restrictions in Europe,

"How can I buy or sell a weapon?
Once the license is obtained, a weapon can be purchased in an armoury, nevertheless the purchaser cannot walk away with the new weapon. The armoury will have to send it to the new owner address using a specialized transport company.

Weapons can be sold to another person with a legitimate licence. The sale will have to be authorised and supervised by the Guardia Civil. After filling the forms and receiving the authorisations the seller will surrender the arm to the Guardia Civil. The buyer will then fetch collect it on the Guardia Civil premises.

Weapons can be lent to another person for a maximum time of 15 days provided that a form is filed at the Guardia Civil and the other person has the necessary licenses.

Can I use a firearm for self-defence?​

Security professionals during their servicewhile working are allowed to use their calibre 38 handguns within a specific mission (they are not allowed to use any other weapon) and only for self-defence.

A private person can use a firearm only for hunting or for sport shooting. In very specific cases (people under threat or security officials) the government can authorise the use of a handgun for self-defence.

There are many cases of people with a license for sport or hunting, that after have used their weapon in a case of self-defence and then were sentenced for illegal use of firearms.

According to the latest comparable figures for 2022 that I've found, and I'll generously remove gun suicides as you people seem obsessed with not counting them,

Gun deaths (non suicide) in USA 12,478

Gun deaths (non suicide) Spain 37
Gun deaths (non suicide)in UK 162
Gun deaths (non suicide)in Sweden 157
Gun deaths (non suicide) in Australia 34
Gun deaths (non suicide) in Norway 2

I could go on and on, but I'm sure you can recognise a pattern here, the more access to firearms is "well regulated" (see what I did there?) the less people are killed by irresponsible, crazy, or criminal gun owners.

Forum List

Back