A Letter to Obama from a Military Wife

Synthaholic

Better security, beginning with allowing firearms for security in recruiting stations.
Why would a progressive want the military armed?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
I'm not a progressive idiot. I'm a conservative (one of the majority of vets).
Didn't say you were so before you call someone a idiot learn reading comprehension

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Thantos144

Arm them for self-defense, per 2nd ammendment. The men that defend us have basic rights, regardless of what the Libs say!!!!

Sorry if you got caught in friendly fire.

Last edited:
With the situation a few years back concerning the rise of suicides in the military population, I wouldn't make a knee-jerk reaction to any change in present policy.
Times were tough.. war is...

But the troops need to have the chance to defend themselves.

Face it, with Obama's policies, the war is here now.

This has been military policy for more than 40 years. Why is this suddenly Obama's fault?

Are you weak at comprehension?

I made this claim yesterday, and I was right.

We just had this discussion in late April of this year because of 2nd Amendment statements that Cruz made:

Politico Cruz takes Second Amendment fight to military bases US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I started that thread on April 20th, 2015, 3 months ago.

At that thread, there is the link to DoD directive 5210.56, from February, 1992.

It updated DoD directive 5210.56 from May 10, 1969 - with use of the wording "(hereby canceled)", a directive that was already once modified on March 17, 1986 and then again on February 22, 1992:

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a272176.pdf

Regulations of this type for the carry of weapons by military personnel on certain parts of military installations have been in place since 1969, over 40 years, just as I wrote.

That April 1, 2011 DoD order is just an update of an update of an update:

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/521056p.pdf

And I am getting backup from strange quarters. Many Right-Wing websites have also noticed this:

FORT HOOD FALLOUT The Ban On Military Personnel Carrying Weapons On Duty Isn t New... And It Isn t Right. - Bearing Arms - Fort Hood Mass Shooting Texas

from April 3, 2014:

Some (including Fox News) are attempting to blame President Bill Clinton for instituting a ban on military personal being armed while on duty. This is factually incorrect. Others are attempting to place the blame on George H.W. Bush’s administration, pointing to Department of Defense Directive 5210.56 (PDF), which was signed early in the last year of his presidency. Even that is incorrect, as the 1992 directive was simply an update to the original 5210.56 issued in 1969 under the Nixon administration. We have been unable to determine how long similar policies have been in effect, but bans on military personnel carrying weapons on base while on duty are at least 45 years old.

And:

CNN s Chris Cuomo Uses Fort Hood Shooting To Push Gun Control Agenda Page 6 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Yes, an extreme Right-Wing member of USMB also noted this more than one year ago.

Some people here are little children with no understanding. They think that if a person is gone from a thread for a while, he has run away. Well, I had other things to do last night. So, get over yourselves.

And yes, I was right.

Last edited:
It's been a bloodbath on Obama's watch.
What do you call 3,000 dead on 9/11?
A tragedy, then Bush kicked their ass. Obama not so much.

Bush Failed to prevent 9/11 even after he was given all the intelligence about Who, What, Where, When, Why & How we would be attacked. Then Bush allowed Osama Bin Laden to escape after being cornered by our soldiers. Bush did not hunt for Bin Laden or Al Qaeda. Bush back-stabbed & threatened North Korea & Iran so they developed nuclear weapons on Bush's watch.

Bush attacked Iraq without a plan, props up an idiot to lead Iraq & failed creating ISIS. After Bush pissed off Iran, they armed Iraqis with bombs that killed over 500 US soldiers & cost us $Trillion. Bush then tells Iran they can keep building nuclear bombs hoping they would stop arming Iraqis.

Obama steps into this steaming pile of shit Bush created. He has to work with Bush's promise to Iran that they can keep their centrifuges running. And a nuclear armed North Korea, the failed state of Iraq & ISIS. Obama sends our soldiers to kill Al Qaeda & Osama Bin Laden.

Bush Failed to prevent 9/11 even after he was given all the intelligence about Who, What, Where, When, Why & How we would be attacked. Then Bush allowed Osama Bin Laden to escape after being cornered by our soldiers. Bush did not hunt for Bin Laden or Al Qaeda. Bush back-stabbed & threatened North Korea & Iran so they developed nuclear weapons on Bush's watch.

Bush attacked Iraq without a plan, props up an idiot to lead Iraq & failed creating ISIS. After Bush pissed off Iran, they armed Iraqis with bombs that killed over 500 US soldiers & cost us $Trillion. Bush then tells Iran they can keep building nuclear bombs hoping they would stop arming Iraqis.

Obama steps into this steaming pile of shit Bush created. He has to work with Bush's promise to Iran that they can keep their centrifuges running. And a nuclear armed North Korea, the failed state of Iraq & ISIS. Obama sends our soldiers to kill Al Qaeda & Osama Bin Laden.
th.jpeg

With the situation a few years back concerning the rise of suicides in the military population, I wouldn't make a knee-jerk reaction to any change in present policy.

As if guns will just simply protect them. They're not shields.

I saw something about the numbers of rapes in Iraq on female military personnel. They had guns.

I saw something about the numbers of rapes in Iraq on female military personnel. They had guns.
It is not deemed feasible taking a shower with your pistol. Your pistol hang with your towel… maybe out of arms reach..

It is not deemed feasible taking a shower with your pistol. Your pistol hang with your towel… maybe out of arms reach..

:wtf:

:wtf:
There were some attacks on women on US bases in Iraq (women's showers.) Commissioned officers (I know for fact, I don't know if NCOs were mandated to carry also or not) carried their service pistols on or off duty on the base what was mandatory.

This has been military policy for more than 40 years. Why is this suddenly Obama's fault?

Was it an issue 40 years ago??? It became one on OBAMA'S WATCH, and he refuses to address it...

Yes, it was an issue 40 years ago. Learn your history, dipshit.

We didn't have islamonazi terrorist targeting our military personal in our own country ...."Try to keep up dipshit":slap:

Last edited:

Was it an issue 40 years ago??? It became one on OBAMA'S WATCH, and he refuses to address it...

Yes, it was an issue 40 years ago. Learn your history, dipshit.
1992 was 40 years ago? Dumbass

You'll have to excuse him he lives in Germany and is not really up on things happing in this country

Lol, that's all that bullshit deserves. You live in a fairytale land.

Forum List

Back