A little help from my fellow progressives on the board.

I wonder if Russian bots are behind some of the lies?

Says House Democrats passed impeachment rules that "do not allow any witness to be called unless the witness is approved by Adam Schiff," "do not allow involvement of the President’s legal counsel" and "do not allow any witness to be questioned unless the question is approved by Adam Schiff."

tom-mostlyfalse.png

Post misrepresents House Democrats’ impeachment rules
Politifact? Lol
Why is it you folks who disparage a source of info I provide do a drive by hit but never, NEVER, even try to refute what the source reports. Cowardice, an inability to refute the reporting, or both?
Politifact is owned by liberals. Schiff would not allow the republicans to ask the witnesses questions. Did you not listen to the hearings?
Why is it you folks who disparage a source of info I provide do a drive by hit but never, NEVER, even try to refute what the source reports. Cowardice, an inability to refute the reporting, or both?

I'd like to begin compiling a list of all the lies Repubs have told about the House impeachment inquiry. But I can't keep track of all of them.

There are some easy ones to start with.

1. Repubs say the depositions were held in secret. Not true. While they were held behind closed doors, Repubs were allowed to attended, ask questions of the witnesses, and had equal time to do so. Also, the transcripts of those depositions were made public.
Schiff says committees will eventually make impeachment inquiry transcripts public
2. Trump claims he was not allowed to defend himself. Not true. He was invited to have an attorney present at the Judiciary Committee hearing but chose not to.
Trump and counsel invited to take part in upcoming impeachment hearings - CNNPolitics
3. Repubs claim they were not allowed to have their witnesses testify. Not true.
Democrats Say Republican Impeachment Witnesses May Testify
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
"Democrats signaled their willingness to let some witnesses requested by Republicans testify as the House starts public impeachment hearings of Donald Trump this week, but only those people with knowledge of the president’s actions. And not Hunter Biden or the whistle-blower.
Ahead of the first session on Wednesday, Republicans gave the committee a list of witnesses they want called -- including former Vice President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter, and the anonymous whistle-blower whose complaint sparked the inquiry."

Anyone not a member of the Trump cult is encouraged to add to the list.
Damn, bergy, you are a brainwashed moron. Congratulations.
Why is it you folks who disparage me do a drive by hit but never, even try to factually refute what I write. Cowardice, an inability to refute the facts, or both?
Poor little bergy, he'll NEVER see the truth. His severe TDS is probably to blame.............

What Repub witness that had pertinent information, not already on the record, to offer Congress about the Zelensky call and the admin's efforts to extort Ukraine was kept from testifying?

I'd like to begin compiling a list of all the lies Repubs have told about the House impeachment inquiry. But I can't keep track of all of them.

1. Repubs say the depositions were held in secret. Not true. While they were held behind closed doors, Repubs were allowed to attended, ask questions of the witnesses, and had equal time to do so. Also, the transcripts of those depositions were made public.
Schiff says committees will eventually make impeachment inquiry transcripts public
2. Trump claims he was not allowed to defend himself. Not true. He was invited to have an attorney present at the Judiciary Committee hearing but chose not to.
Trump and counsel invited to take part in upcoming impeachment hearings - CNNPolitics
3. Repubs claim they were not allowed to have their witnesses testify. Not true.
"Democrats signaled their willingness to let some witnesses requested by Republicans testify as the House starts public impeachment hearings of Donald Trump this week, but only those people with knowledge of the president’s actions. And not Hunter Biden or the whistle-blower.
Ahead of the first session on Wednesday, Republicans gave the committee a list of witnesses they want called -- including former Vice President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter, and the anonymous whistle-blower whose complaint sparked the inquiry."

Why is it you folks who disparage me do a drive by hit but never, even try to factually refute what I write. Cowardice, an inability to refute the facts, or both?
Poor little bergy, he'll NEVER see the truth. His severe TDS is probably to blame.............
What truth do you claim I can't see? Be specific.

Oddly I always have to note this. I do NOT support Trump.

I've asked this over and over without an answer. When Clinton was impeached Robert Byrd came out and stated that what Clinton did reached the level of impeachment but he still would not vote to convict.

Why do the (D)'s expect the (R)'s to do what they would not?

Several points here. Byrd is not "Democrats." Second, I see no Republican willing to impeach (yet not convict). Third, Byrd's argument is a bit more nuanced than you let on, boiling down to, "What the heck did Starr, Kavanaugh and the House do, investigate a consensual blow job?"

Nope, the testimony was brought up during a sexual assault case. That you are willing to dismiss that proves my point.

I thought we're talking impeachment and conviction / removal. Those ever slightly moving goal posts...

Anyway, you wanted to know why "(D)'s expect the (R)'s to do what they would not?" I pointed out why that is. That you wouldn't accept it - instead got all hung up on a pointed remark while erasing the argument why the cases aren't in any way similar - is on you. Not my problem, really. Byrd explained his stance fairly well, and the differences to Trump's case are glaringly obvious.

What truth do you claim I can't see? Be specific.
Poor little fella..............

Putin2Medals.jpg

View attachment 295435
You've probably noticed by now that poor little bergy is QUITE, QUITE DIM...................

Oddly I always have to note this. I do NOT support Trump.

I've asked this over and over without an answer. When Clinton was impeached Robert Byrd came out and stated that what Clinton did reached the level of impeachment but he still would not vote to convict.

Why do the (D)'s expect the (R)'s to do what they would not?

Several points here. Byrd is not "Democrats." Second, I see no Republican willing to impeach (yet not convict). Third, Byrd's argument is a bit more nuanced than you let on, boiling down to, "What the heck did Starr, Kavanaugh and the House do, investigate a consensual blow job?"

Nope, the testimony was brought up during a sexual assault case. That you are willing to dismiss that proves my point.

I thought we're talking impeachment and conviction / removal. Those ever slightly moving goal posts...

Anyway, you wanted to know why "(D)'s expect the (R)'s to do what they would not?" I pointed out why that is. That you wouldn't accept it - instead got all hung up on a pointed remark while erasing the argument why the cases aren't in any way similar - is on you. Not my problem, really. Byrd explained his stance fairly well, and the differences to Trump's case are glaringly obvious.

Byrd said he thought the people didn't want it. Irrelevant to upholding the law.

View attachment 295435
You've probably noticed by now that poor little bergy is QUITE, QUITE DIM...................
What truth do you claim I can't see? Be specific. Or..........continue to act like a coward too afraid to be humiliated.

Byrd said he thought the people didn't want it. Irrelevant to upholding the law.

Perhaps, you should have read the entire speech. Had you done so, you wouldn't come up with such nonsense.

I've read the speech. He was my Senator. Perjury is without a question an impeachable offense.

Perjury during a trial concerning a sexual assault should never be justified.

I wonder if Russian bots are behind some of the lies?

Says House Democrats passed impeachment rules that "do not allow any witness to be called unless the witness is approved by Adam Schiff," "do not allow involvement of the President’s legal counsel" and "do not allow any witness to be questioned unless the question is approved by Adam Schiff."

tom-mostlyfalse.png

Post misrepresents House Democrats’ impeachment rules
Politifact? Lol
Politifact is owned by liberals. Schiff would not allow the republicans to ask the witnesses questions. Did you not listen to the hearings?
Listen to the hearings dumbass, Schiff would not allow republicans to question the witnesses.
78480532_10218156497216110_7185421221817745408_n.jpg

Like I said, quit being a dumbass.

What Repub witness that had pertinent information, not already on the record, to offer Congress about the Zelensky call and the admin's efforts to extort Ukraine was kept from testifying?
So members of the Trump administration should walk into a perjury trap?

View attachment 295396

I see.

you are the problem.

people like you

but most specifically ....YOU!

instead of debating and replying in a civilized manner you chose to mock and ridicule.

And I know for a fact that if YOU started a SERIOUS THREAD and some liberal mocked YOU you would say "TYPICAL LIBERAL.....instead of debating and replying in a civilized manner you chose to mock and ridicule."

I wouldn't join a party that would have YOU as a member

View attachment 295396

I see.

you are the problem.

people like you

but most specifically ....YOU!

instead of debating and replying in a civilized manner you chose to mock and ridicule.

And I know for a fact that if YOU started a SERIOUS THREAD and some liberal mocked YOU you would say "TYPICAL LIBERAL.....instead of debating and replying in a civilized manner you chose to mock and ridicule."

I wouldn't join a party that would have YOU as a member
There is nothing to debate. Yelling political talking points at each other isn't debate anyhow.

You are trying to list lies?

Did you support Hillary in 2016? Sorry... I have no idea why that question popped into my head just now....

Perhaps, you should have read the entire speech. Had you done so, you wouldn't come up with such nonsense.

I've read the speech. He was my Senator. Perjury is without a question an impeachable offense.

Perjury during a trial concerning a sexual assault should never be justified.

So, either you read the speech and didn't understand it, or you lied to us, stating: "Byrd said he thought the people didn't want it." At the very least, it is a gross distortion. Byrd's argument is, the President [has] 'been put upon' for politically partisan reasons." People's perceptions are marshaled as witnesses to testify to that. Also, "Mr. Starr, had motivations which went beyond the duties strictly assigned to him." That's the core of why Byrd voted against conviction, along with further damage to the public trust in the event of conviction and removal.

I am not aware of anyone justifying perjury. Whether or not perjury in a private matter is impeachable - impeachment is supposed to cover misbehavior in office, while performing official duties - is debatable at best, and much more likely in direct contravention to what the Founders' thought they put into the Constitution.

Anyway...

Forum List

Back