A little help from my fellow progressives on the board.

Byrd said he thought the people didn't want it. Irrelevant to upholding the law.

Perhaps, you should have read the entire speech. Had you done so, you wouldn't come up with such nonsense.

I've read the speech. He was my Senator. Perjury is without a question an impeachable offense.

Perjury during a trial concerning a sexual assault should never be justified.

So, either you read the speech and didn't understand it, or you lied to us, stating: "Byrd said he thought the people didn't want it." At the very least, it is a gross distortion. Byrd's argument is, the President [has] 'been put upon' for politically partisan reasons." People's perceptions are marshaled as witnesses to testify to that. Also, "Mr. Starr, had motivations which went beyond the duties strictly assigned to him." That's the core of why Byrd voted against conviction, along with further damage to the public trust in the event of conviction and removal.

I am not aware of anyone justifying perjury. Whether or not perjury in a private matter is impeachable - impeachment is supposed to cover misbehavior in office, while performing official duties - is debatable at best, and much more likely in direct contravention to what the Founders' thought they put into the Constitution.

Anyway...

Byrd said it Rose to the level of impeachment.

Not for impeachment, believe that Trump like Clinton crossed a line, both should be/have been censured. The whole insane idea that Any one who votes for a different party than you belong to is scum, Cult mentality. We all seem caught up in this to some degree, you start questioning if any one even try's to look at both sides of the question/situation

Forum List

Back