A little reality for leftist Gavin Newsome and his ban on gas powered cars.

Maybe Gavin has a design for wind powered cars.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803
This isn’t that complicated. Just put up a wind turbine somewhere that charges the batteries.

Won't work.
First of all you would need one bigger than your lot, and second is that they only produce about a forth of the time, so are not reliable/consistent enough. Most places only have sufficient wind for a couple hours a day, dusk and dawn.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803
This isn’t that complicated. Just put up a wind turbine somewhere that charges the batteries.

Sounds like you can be the first customer.
I have solar panels to charge mine.

Solar panels that would fit on a house would not likely do it.
You likely do not have batteries for being off the grid, so are still relying on the electric company, and they are just buying your excess so that your bill is reduced.
You are not really recharging your car batteries unless you are off the grid.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Unless you work nights, that’s not going to happen.
Panels charge a power wall. Power wall charges car.

Power walls are just batteries.
And batteries are about 50% efficient to charge, and 50% efficient to discharge, so you are down to 25% efficiency even before you try to recharge the car batteries.
Nor are batteries cheap.
They are about $7k to $10k, and only last about 10 years.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

And batteries are about 50% efficient to charge, and 50% efficient to discharge, so you are down to 25% efficiency even before you try to recharge the car batteries.
Nor are batteries cheap.
They are also full of toxic waste that has to be disposed of when they are no longer useful.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Solar panels that would fit on a house would not likely do it.
You likely do not have batteries for being off the grid, so are still relying on the electric company, and they are just buying your excess so that your bill is reduced.
You are not really recharging your car batteries unless you are off the grid.
Sure. My panels produce about 10-30 kWh per day. Most days I drive about 40 miles which is typically around 10 kWh

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Nor are batteries cheap.
The charge efficiency of the lithium ion batteries is a lot closer to 99%

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Nor are batteries cheap.
If our civilization does not self destruct, we will eventually solve most energy problems. But it is not now. And it can not be rushed without causing massive problems keeping people alive. To invest a bit and let the technology come when it is feasable and keep using what we have, that will be the best improvements to our energy and efficiency needs. A/C and Heating and insulation and better windows mandates with better construction techniques can save a lot. And the criminals who will run the Green Energy movement will use this as the reason we have saved energy after spending a thousand times more for it.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Nor are batteries cheap.
If our civilization does not self destruct, we will eventually solve most energy problems. But it is not now. And it can not be rushed without causing massive problems keeping people alive. To invest a bit and let the technology come when it is feasable and keep using what we have, that will be the best improvements to our energy and efficiency needs. A/C and Heating and insulation and better windows mandates with better construction techniques can save a lot. And the criminals who will run the Green Energy movement will use this as the reason we have saved energy after spending a thousand times more for it.
I’ll do it later is a shitty way of getting things done. Invention is born of necessity.

I'm all for electric cars, but one can't hide their head in the sand. Putting all one's egg into a single basket isn't the way to go.

When all is said and done, building a million cars requires about 60,000 tons of LCE.
Hitting 30% penetration, as Musk tweeted about, which conveniently is roughly
30 million cars, works out to about 1.8 million tons of LCE, or 5 times the size of
the total lithium mining industry in 2019.​

...what a complete jackass he is...he just signed a bill that you HAVE to hire based on skin color and gender--not qualifications = he's out of his cotton pickin' mind

Already designed,

View attachment 395803
Chemical packed wind turbine blades piling up in landfills......

You act like the blades last for a couple weeks .

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

I did? Where?

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

You act like the same ole Timmy that always had stupid posts.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Power wall being a new name for batteries. Likely lithium ion ones that produce terrible pollution when both being made and being disposed of.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Power wall being a new name for batteries. Likely lithium ion ones that produce terrible pollution when both being made and being disposed of.
Not to mention how Mother Earth is raped to get the lithium out of the ground. colfax_m obviously doesn't care about the environment.

I’d love to see thousands of sail cars tacking down the freeway.
During the Santa Anna winds, they will only be able to go one way.
With Marconi rigs and enough reef points they would be able to tack against the Santa Anas. I can already hear the drivers screaming starboard now. (for those poor people who don't know how to sail, calling starboard is alerting an approaching craft that you are on starboard tack and have the right of way)

I would say you have no clue what our electric car rules are.

How are they recharged.
Not by the electric power grid.

You know what Californians used for light before candles?

Electricity.

California already have a serious problem keeping the lights on today. They have rolling blackouts. Where is the additional power to come from?
Gas powered generators or power wall batteries.
Only a leftist believes a gas-powered generator recharging an electric car is a good idea.

You're just relocating the pollution.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803
Wind turbines kill birds, even eagles are killed by them.
Environmentalists don't give a shit.
Cell phone towers kill many more birds. Going to give up your cell phone?

California already have a serious problem keeping the lights on today. They have rolling blackouts. Where is the additional power to come from?

That's exactly correct.

If we are going to get to the point where everyone is driving electric cars, we are going to have spend trillions of dollars upgrading the grid.

Right now, you'd have power outages every day at rush hour because we can't generate enough electricity to meet the demand.
The charging is done during the work hours not while on the road.
Work hours is peak demand.

Forum List

Back