A little reality for leftist Gavin Newsome and his ban on gas powered cars.

Maybe Gavin has a design for wind powered cars.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803
This isn’t that complicated. Just put up a wind turbine somewhere that charges the batteries.
Wind turbines kill birds, even eagles are killed by them.
Environmentalists don't give a shit.
Cell phone towers kill many more birds. Going to give up your cell phone?
Are you? You are the self-proclaimed Enviro-weenie.

Man up and dump your cell phone.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803
This isn’t that complicated. Just put up a wind turbine somewhere that charges the batteries.
Chemical packed wind turbine blades piling up in landfills......

You act like the blades last for a couple weeks .
They last forever. Their service lifetimes don't.

In my opinion, the tech isn't there yet to make these changes. It is not nearly good enough yet. A 50 year plan "might" be workable.

I think about these large apartment and condo complexes with hundreds of units, many with no garage spaces, just outdoor parking. Could the HOA or building owners afford to put in all those exterior charging stations? Would there be room for them? Would the tenants in these large complexes have to run cords out there windows to their car? Maybe multiple extension cords if the apartments have couples or room mates living in them?

There are a lot of issues to deal with. I think we can move from gas or oil to alternate sources if people really want to, but I think we need more time to make the transition. No way the California plan actually happens in 15 years. If they try to force it, the used car market is going to boom.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

No they don’t. Read the article. They can be ground up and converted to other things.

And there’s not even that many of them.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803
Nope. I'm not an environmentalist looking to excuse how dangerous to wildlife wind turbines are.

So, in summary, you're not willing to give up your phone or halt wind turbines.

So, that moral high ground you claim you're standing on is a pile of dead animals.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

No they don’t. Read the article. They can be ground up and converted to other things.

Um, people are experimenting with trying to recycle them. There is no recycling going on.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803
Nope. I'm not an environmentalist looking to excuse how dangerous to wildlife wind turbines are.

So, that moral high ground you claim you're standing on is a pile of dead animals.
The number of bird deaths from windmills is minuscule. This is not a serious argument.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

I suggest you read the article. There is no cost-effective means of recycling them now.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

The number of bird deaths from windmills is minuscule. This is not a serious argument.
You are advocating the deaths of 1.4 MILLION birds per year.

Why do you hate nature?

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

I suggest you read the article. There is no cost-effective means of recycling them now.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

The article said no such thing.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Oh, okay. So you don't mind some deaths in the name of green energy. Can you quantify it, or is any number of dead animals okay with you in the name of "saving the planet"?

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Why do you hate nature?

Tax Man thinks it's funny that over a million birds are killed by wind turbines every year.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Yes, it did. Most blades are being landfilled. Why? Because there's no cost-effective means of recycling them.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Oh, okay. So you don't mind some deaths in the name of green energy. Can you quantify it, or is any number of dead animals okay with you in the name of "saving the planet"?
A few hundred thousand birds die from turbines a year. A few hundred MILLION birds die from running into buildings.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Yes, it did. Most blades are being landfilled. Why? Because there's no cost-effective means of recycling them.
It said nothing about cost efficacy.

I would say you have no clue what our electric car rules are.

Damn, you obviously don't know what type of batteries they put in electric cars.

So share with us. Where do those miracle batteries get their energy?

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Why then can't they keep the lights on today?
Living in the SF Bay area I haven't ever had a power outage. Then again I have solar power and batteries. Not to mention a 9 KW generator I have never had to use.
In the local area Kaiser hospital has solar panels over every parking space on their property and so do the cities in the area and schools parking lots and walkways.

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Sounds like you can be the first customer.
I have solar panels to charge mine.
Unless you work nights, that’s not going to happen.
Panels charge a power wall. Power wall charges car.

Power walls are just batteries.
And batteries are about 50% efficient to charge, and 50% efficient to discharge, so you are down to 25% efficiency even before you try to recharge the car batteries.
Nor are batteries cheap.
They are about $7k to $10k, and only last about 10 years.
Somebody gave you some real wrong information not to mention the math error.

I would say you have no clue what our electric car rules are.
What are you driving when gas cars are no longer available in KKKalifornia in 2035? Nuclear powered Prius'?

I believe that by 2035 Dr. Emmett Lathrop "Doc" Brown's DeLorean will be ready for mass production. It really will be something. You will drive it to work, the store, where-ever. Then, when you come home you will plug it into the house ( Instead of the other way around with electric cars of today) to power the house with its 1.2 GigaWatt nuclear reactor.
1601682759954.jpeg

Already designed,

View attachment 395803

Why do you hate nature?

Tax Man thinks it's funny that over a million birds are killed by wind turbines every year.
I know there are windmills in the Altamont pass and maybe one or two birds are republican enough to fly into the blades.

Forum List

Back