A Lot of Murders. . . in cities with strict gun control

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
941712_664869806860962_1663226583_n.jpg

Thanx to Political Pistachio blog.

So let's do this mathematically: What would the murder rates be for these countries if you took out the following cities: Moscow, Mumbai, Delhi, Mexico City and Bogota, London, Paris and Rome?

Nice try, but you are short of critical thinking skills and long on blogger ogling.

P.S. I would mention Tokyo but Japan has what is statistically referred to as zero death by guns.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-the-country-that-has-almost-zero-gun-deaths/

Last edited:
So let's do this mathematically: What would the murder rates be for these countries if you took out the following cities: Moscow, Mumbai, Delhi, Mexico City and Bogota, London, Paris and Rome?

Nice try, but you are short of critical thinking skills and long on blogger ogling.

P.S. I would mention Tokyo but Japan has what is statistically referred to as zero death by guns.
The Japan lesson: Can America learn from the country that has almost zero gun deaths?
An', an', an' if we took out ALL the murders, the US would be the safest place in the world! :cuckoo:

If you applied some of those critical thinking skills you claim other people lack, you'd realize that the reason the US is so high on the list of murder rates is:

*drumroll*

...GUN CONTROL.

Way to go, liberals. Once again, your policies are proven a complete failure. :clap2:

It isn't very hard to simply leave the city limits and purchase a gun and then re-enter the city. So I'm not sure what your point is that you are trying to make.

You may also have a horse cart problem here, perhaps these cities have some of the strictest gun control laws BECAUSE they have some of the worst violence rates.

It isn't very hard to simply leave the city limits and purchase a gun and then re-enter the city. So I'm not sure what your point is that you are trying to make.

You may also have a horse cart problem here, perhaps these cities have some of the strictest gun control laws BECAUSE they have some of the worst violence rates.

It is illegal to own the gun, what makes you think making more laws that are ignored will help? By the way even if you passed a new law today that outlawed all guns criminals would still have them and still be able to get them.

And it is a proven fact that less gun laws lead to less crime. Criminals don't want to get shot so when the laws allow citizens to be armed and with concealed carry crime rates GO DOWN.

It is illegal to own the gun, what makes you think making more laws that are ignored will help? By the way even if you passed a new law today that outlawed all guns criminals would still have them and still be able to get them.

I didn't say anything about more gun control laws, nor am I advocating more gun control laws; I was merely trying to ascertain what it was that he was trying to suggest, from a data standpoint.

And it is a proven fact that less gun laws lead to less crime. Criminals don't want to get shot so when the laws allow citizens to be armed and with concealed carry crime rates GO DOWN.

Then perhaps you wouldn't mind posting some statistical studies on the subject? You obviously are more informed about the issue than I am and seem to have specific studies in mind.

As a statistician, I tend to be wary of such claims because I am familiar with how hard it can be to construct robust models when dealing with such societal issues.

I didn't say anything about more gun control laws, nor am I advocating more gun control laws; I was merely trying to ascertain what it was that he was trying to suggest, from a data standpoint.

Then perhaps you wouldn't mind posting some statistical studies on the subject? You obviously are more informed about the issue than I am and seem to have specific studies in mind.

As a statistician, I tend to be wary of such claims because I am familiar with how hard it can be to construct robust models when dealing with such societal issues.
Already been posted here why waste my time with people that already admit even if I post it they won't believe it?

I never understood how people can think that an anonymous jpeg from the internet is worth discussing on an message board.

Seriously, it's like debating with a bumper sticker, only less likely to be true.

Already been posted here why waste my time with people that already admit even if I post it they won't believe it?

Where did I admit such a thing? :confused: Do you not think that the robustness of statistical models matter?

Here is one easily obtained by a quick search of the Internet.

Gun Control 2013: Guns and Crime is a False Correlation

You're claiming there's a correlation between gun control and crime, and you're using an article that attempts to disprove that correlation as "proof"?

The Japan lesson: Can America learn from the country that has almost zero gun deaths?
An', an', an' if we took out ALL the murders, the US would be the safest place in the world! :cuckoo:

If you applied some of those critical thinking skills you claim other people lack, you'd realize that the reason the US is so high on the list of murder rates is:

*drumroll*

...GUN CONTROL.

Way to go, liberals. Once again, your policies are proven a complete failure. :clap2:

If the US is high on the list of murder rates because of gun control...why is it that the US has more guns in private ownership than any other country by a large margin.
Shouldn't they be the lowest on the list of murder rates?

Am I missing something here?

Forum List

Back