A Mormon axiom from December 1830

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
I know there are a few anti Mormons on this forum. I get it, yaddy yaddy yaddy.
But this statement was made by Joseph Smith in December 1830

Doctrine and Covenants Section 38 verse 29

29: Ye hear of wars in far countries and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in you own land.

December 1830

29: Ye hear of wars in far countries and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in you own land.

December 1830

And he was so proud of himself he went off and married two more teenage girls!

And he was so proud of himself he went off and married two more teenage girls!
Yeah, in those day you never saw what we call underage girls married to older men, oh wait it was part of the norm that day except for Polygamy in the U.S. …

So as you distract from the OP words you shouldn’t try to judge someone in today times because in the 1830’s it was not unusual for a female fifteen or even thirteen to be married off to someone twice or three times their age…

Yeah, in those day you never saw what we call underage girls married to older men, oh wait it was part of the norm that day except for Polygamy in the U.S. …

So as you distract from the OP words you shouldn’t try to judge someone in today times because in the 1830’s it was not unusual for a female fifteen or even thirteen to be married off to someone twice or three times their age…

It was when they were married to 30 other women, which is what Joseph Smith (Dum-dum-dum-dum-dum) did.

Oh, people at the time weren't cool with it, either.

1645636199712.png

Shot him like the dog he was!

December 1830
I'm sure Smith believed himself to be a great philosopher however a free government has to take it in from all sides and base it's decisions on the welfare of the country. Governments respond to what men do, not necessarily what men say.

Forum List

Back