A new emblem for the south.

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
What if I told you I could replace the Confederate Battle Jack with a symbol that equally represents the depth and character of Southern Heritage without all the negative racial stereotypes that some people attach to it? Would you be for it?

Here it is - my rough proposal for a new Southern flag!

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&...tbnh=175&tbnw=259&start=0&ndsp=6&tx=148&ty=29

Shot up street signs say it all!

Although I had another sign in mind - there is one of those green interstate direction signs on an overpass on I-10 in Louisiana with bullet holes in it. To accomplish this, some redneck either had to a) shoot bullets through the sign and lengthwise over the interstate with complete disregard for the fact that the bullets could likely land on the interstate or b) do a bunch of crystal meth, take down the sign, bring it home, shoot it up, bring it back, and put it back up all before dawn. Now THAT is Southern PRIDE!!!

Why do you assume it was a redneck that shot up the sign? Louisiana is pretty close to 50/50 makeup. New Orleans more like 60 black vs 40 white and other areas more like 60 white vs 40 black. WA state has bullet holes in their signs and bent up mailboxes due to baseball bats.

P.S. They aren't rednecks in Louisiana anyway. They are coonasses (both the blacks and the whites). In the mountainous regions, they are hillbillies. What you are really trying to say is that people in poor rural areas are ignorant? How do you feel when told that people in inner city ghettos are ignorant?

What if I told you I could replace the Confederate Battle Jack with a symbol that equally represents the depth and character of Southern Heritage without all the negative racial stereotypes that some people attach to it? Would you be for it?

Although I had another sign in mind - there is one of those green interstate direction signs on an overpass on I-10 in Louisiana with bullet holes in it. To accomplish this, some redneck either had to a) shoot bullets through the sign and lengthwise over the interstate with complete disregard for the fact that the bullets could likely land on the interstate or b) do a bunch of crystal meth, take down the sign, bring it home, shoot it up, bring it back, and put it back up all before dawn. Now THAT is Southern PRIDE!!!

Why do you assume it was a redneck that shot up the sign? Louisiana is pretty close to 50/50 makeup. New Orleans more like 60 black vs 40 white and other areas more like 60 white vs 40 black. WA state has bullet holes in their signs and bent up mailboxes due to baseball bats.

P.S. They aren't rednecks in Louisiana anyway. They are coonasses (both the blacks and the whites). In the mountainous regions, they are hillbillies. What you are really trying to say is that people in poor rural areas are ignorant? How do you feel when told that people in inner city ghettos are ignorant?

A Coonass is a Cajun.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back