A new forum, maybe...?

Are you saying a woman's place is in the kitchen, Wake? Those cheese spuds look great. :lol:

How about "Women's Rights and Issues"?

I think everyone would understand where the abortion threads should be placed.

I dunno -- abortion topics usually have a much more political (and even more, a religious) bent that it not the case for non-abortion women's issues, so it seems to me like an apples-plus-oranges category.

Come to think of it, the abortion rants I see seem to be based more on religion than on politics. Or at least, "Ethics", which is wisely included in "Religion and Ethics".

Considering that a lot of wags commenting on abortion are those who can't have one anyway (males), that's an argument that abortion topics should all go into "Religion/Ethics". It is properly a women's issue, but it's treated much more as a religious one. Then again, shunting it into a "Women's Issues" forum might force the issue to be debated as the women's issue it is.... I know I'm vacillating, just thinking out loud here...

I made that post before I saw the one above mine-it could also be a sub-forum of religion and ethics I guess.

Now I see why they haven't done it-too complex an issue-LOL

Abortion as a thread topic in Women's Issues is okay I guess, but a subforum, or worse yet, an entire forum devoteed to the single issue would be a waste. Everyone has already put forth their opinions on the matter, and the abortion argument won't be relevant in the future. It's a passing phase. Just like gun laws and immigration.

They'll all be replaced with a new distraction from the real issues before long.

Forum List

Back