A new forum, maybe...?

^ Another reason why we should have a forum on Abortion/Women's Rights. There are good people just waiting to be active in a forum dedicated to this hot topic they're passionate about.

We have the law and justice forum, health and lifestyle, current events and politics. Depending on what the OP wishes to discuss abortion threads can fit into any of those.

I think the problem can be posters who don't care to correctly place their threads and instead just shove everything into current events or politics.

However, we do try to move threads to the best forum when we can :)

We have the law and justice forum, health and lifestyle, current events and politics. Depending on what the OP wishes to discuss abortion threads can fit into any of those.

I think the problem can be posters who don't care to correctly place their threads and instead just shove everything into current events or politics.

And y'all do a great job - although I see some threads sometimes that obviously should be somewhere else and I don't know how to pass the word. You can't use the red flag because it's not "abusive", just misplaced... :dunno:

I think the problem can be posters who don't care to correctly place their threads and instead just above everything into current events or politics.

Wouldn't it be more convenient to instead talk about these issues in a forum that more easily contains them?

We've got a Law and Justice forum, but how practical is it to really get into debates on abortion there? It's like having threads on gay marriage and race there, too. Current events can easily contain some threads on abortion, because there are, on a routine basis, new developments that pertain to abortion on the news. Health and Lifestyle, in the humble opinion of a simple man, ought to focus more on healthy eating and fitness, healthy living, etc. I cannot picture a pro-lifer and a pro-choicer passionately duking it out over the finer points on abortion... in a fitness center I frequent. I'd tell them to go get their own room. Go debate in a room that's more accomodating to abortion and women's rights discussion. Likewise I'd tell the fundamentalist Muslims and Christians to get out of the cafeteria and go agitate themselves in a better setting.

And y'all do a great job - although I see some threads sometimes that obviously should be somewhere else and I don't know how to pass the word. You can't use the red flag because it's not "abusive", just misplaced... :dunno:
Report it:)

I think the problem can be posters who don't care to correctly place their threads and instead just above everything into current events or politics.

Wouldn't it be more convenient to instead talk about these issues in a forum that more easily contains them?

We've got a Law and Justice forum, but how practical is it to really get into debates on abortion there? It's like having threads on gay marriage and race there, too. Current events can easily contain some threads on abortion, because there are, on a routine basis, new developments that pertain to abortion on the news. Health and Lifestyle, in the humble opinion of a simple man, ought to focus more on healthy eating and fitness, healthy living, etc. I cannot picture a pro-lifer and a pro-choicer passionately duking it out over the finer points on abortion... in a fitness center I frequent. I'd tell them to go get their own room. Go debate in a room that's more accomodating to abortion and women's rights discussion. Likewise I'd tell the fundamentalist Muslims and Christians to get out of the cafeteria and go agitate themselves in a better setting.

But this is what you get with more and more fora -- overlap. A specific abortion thread could be a healthcare topic; a women's topic; a political topic; a current event; a Congress topic if something's up in there; an Election topic (ditto)-- as well as a Clean Debate Zone entry. And it certainly fits under Religion too. Seems to me the forum categories are intended more for the angle of the thread than the topic directly.

Report it:)

Problem is, I read signs. Should I ignore the word "only" in "This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts" ?

But this is what you get with more and more fora -- overlap. A specific abortion thread could be a healthcare topic; a women's topic; a political topic; a current event; a Congress topic if something's up in there; an Election topic (ditto)-- as well as a Clean Debate Zone entry. And it certainly fits under Religion too. Seems to me the forum categories are intended more for the angle of the thread than the topic directly.

In that light, almost any thread topic could relate to any specific forum.

My vision is to see an Abortion/Women's Rights forum that encompasses all of these issues:

~ Pros and cons of abortion.
~ Teenage abortions.
~ Court rulings and cases in certain states regarding abortion and women's rights.
~ Abortion abroad.
~ Statisitics regarding abortion and the deaths of women.
~ Planned Parenthood.
~ Abortion clinics and standards.
~ Abortionist Kermit Gosnell.
~ Radical fundamentalists who bomb clinics and kill abortionists.
~ Abortion in regards to morals and religion.
~ The philosophy of abortion.
~ What point within the 9 months of pregnancy i s abortion acceptable.
~ When does life begin?
~ Questions on whether the right of the mother to choose is more important than the right of the fetus to live.
~ The war on women.
~ Various essays on abortion, for or against.
~ Whether or not the fetus can feel pain.
~ Contraception pills.
~ Roe vs. Wade.

There's a legion of issues that would fit perfectly in a forum on Abortion and Women's Rights.

Last edited:
hjmick has the right of it.

If you get a forum like this, koshergrl will eugenics us all to the nth degree. Please don't.

We could start a Fake Political Leanings forum. Jake would be all over it like a fly on shit claiming to be something other than he is. :eusa_whistle:

Edit: Wake pointed out below the inappropriateness of kwc56's post and my response to it. I apologize.

Last edited:
Then, yes, ask for a Woman's Issues Forum.

It would specifically pocket those issues in the right forum.

One of the advantages would be to increase awareness in males of women's issues.

If you get a forum like this, koshergrl will eugenics us all to the nth degree. Please don't.

We could start a Fake Political Leanings forum. Jake would be all over it like a fly on shit claiming to be something other than he is. :eusa_whistle:

There's always one, isn't there? Even a placid thread about site forums draws trolls... smh

I see in your anger that you are beginning to realize that you as a far right reactionary are far out of the mainstream of Republicanism and drifting farther away. You have to change, KCW57, because the party won't.

Please take the potshots elsewhere.

EDIT: I agree with JS that having this forum would increase awareness of this issue, but to all on both sides.

Then, yes, ask for a Woman's Issues Forum.

It would specifically pocket those issues in the right forum.

One of the advantages would be to increase awareness in males of women's issues.

I agree, a Women's forum makes sense. I recall when I wanted to post something on International Women's Day, I had to find a Current Events angle to find a category.

Maybe a good middleground would be a forum titled "Abortion and Women's Rights"?

That way, everything involving these two close issues could more neatly and comprehensively be discussed, while generating a lot of activity from both sides.

How about "Women's Rights and Issues"?

I think everyone would understand where the abortion threads should be placed.

I see in your anger that you are beginning to realize that you as a far right reactionary are far out of the mainstream of Republicanism and drifting farther away. You have to change, KCW57, because the party won't.

Not only are you a fake Jake, you have memory retention issues and perception problems. First, I'm not angry, just pointing out the obvious.....well, at least to everyone except you. Second, I'm registered as a Republican because of the way my state has closed primaries and there is no libertarian primary. You get Democrat or Republican primaries, end of story. So while I may be registered as a Republican, I certainly don't identify with them nor feel that they represent me.

Not necessarily. There may be those new guests who are actively searching for a forum with "Abortion" in the name, who can't find it and may not assume it's under "Women's Rights."

Both abortion and women's rights are intertwined topic, yet distinct. Titling a forum "Abortion & Women's Rights" or "Women's Rights and Abortion" would symbolize the harmony between these two issues, and serve as a beacon for those who seek out political message boards explicitly to discuss either or both. Some people are simple, like me, and need to have it in the title for the little light behind the eyes to turn on. :razz::tongue:

Not necessarily. There may be those new guests who are actively searching for a forum with "Abortion" in the name, who can't find it and may not assume it's under "Women's Rights."

Both abortion and women's rights are intertwined topic, yet distinct. Titling a forum "Abortion & Women's Rights" or "Women's Rights and Abortion" would symbolize the harmony between these two issues, and serve as a beacon for those who seek out political message boards explicitly to discuss either or both. Some people are simple, like me, and need to have it in the title for the little light behind the eyes to turn on. :razz::tongue:

I believe you are parsing this potato to the points you have strips of skin left and not much else. However, I have no dog in this hunt, so go for it.

I believe you are parsing this potato to the points you have strips of skin left and not much else. However, I have no dog in this hunt, so go for it.

6434295565_a44d4e68ba_z.jpg

:razz:

Forum List

Back