A new report finds that air pollution is killing people at a faster rate than that of smoking, car crashes, and HIV/AIDS

More spin disguised as news. It seems that air pollution isn't actually killing people but a Brit media source claims that air pollution is "slashing years off the lives of billions". Strangely enough the Guardian doesn't specifically target China as the culprit. No surprise when the US has weak leadership.

• Banned
Senator Sanders' plan would create 900 thousand clean energy good paying jobs.

I don't doubt the premise, but what do you think we should do?

For a good while I've thought that our US corporations shouldn't be importing goods from countries that are lax in their environmental standards and labor rights.

1630548540396.png

China has no pollution laws. They have no food and drug laws.

The government has been putting up landscape banners/murals at attempts to hide their pollution and rot.

china-pollution-banner-67824d050ee38c76fb66a22c654d55997bf1f0e9.jpg

12194778_628810953889058_6369652085904654188_o.jpg

Some of it they just cannot hide, no matter what.....
China's rivers, lakes, and streams.......used as garbage dumps for everything from paper to toxic chemicals. No, thats not blood, that chemical dye used to color fabrics.
img.jpg

textile-lead.jpg

China's "clean air"....
Getty-454414567-700x420.jpg

r

Trash dumps in public areas, the size of several football fields........
0*bFRPVkQGxUfqSBHG.jpeg

Both Japans and Chinas garbage thats thrown into their waterways ends up in the ocean.
The ocean currents move from China/Japan to the upper west coast of the USA and Canada.
Garbage has been washing up there on our shores for decades.

I certainly think everyone should fight pollution wherever it's happening. But what we see here most frequently is the childish demand that the US do nothing till China has cleaned up their act. You people aren't actually idiots. You know what's wrong with that demand. You just let the internet's lack of consequence lure you into demanding what you want rather than spending the time and effort to figure out what you actually need.

I certainly think everyone should fight pollution wherever it's happening. But what we see here most frequently is the childish demand that the US do nothing till China has cleaned up their act. You people aren't actually idiots. You know what's wrong with that demand. You just let the internet's lack of consequence lure you into demanding what you want rather than spending the time and effort to figure out what you actually need.
If you had a broken water supply pipe that was gushing water and a leaky faucet that was dripping water in your house... which would you fix first?

If I had two plumbers, I'd fix both at the same time. We have billions of plumbers.

If I had two plumbers, I'd fix both at the same time. We have billions of plumbers.
Which plumber would you prioritize?

You know you are showing your disingenuousness by answering the question that way, right?

I think smoking is beneficial because it is an antioxidant. I smoke strong tobacco all my life and it doesn't bother me. Many great athletes smoked and it did not bother them.
It is no coincidence that smoking has become a symbol of cowboy and masculinity. He who is sick and weak does not smoke. When a smoker is sick he smokes less.

By the way, AIDS is also seems to be fraud. In the 90s, they predicted the extinction of Africa, and instead of that Europe with its contraception is dying out. Nobel laureate in biochemistry, the author of the PCR method, who stood at the origins of the study of AIDS, believes that AIDS is a scam. It is likely that all retroviruses are not diseases, but genetic components of some populations. in the 90s they said that they die of hepatitis С after 15 years without therapy, as a result, those who received a positive test 25 years ago live, and nothing wrong with them, and those who received therapy often dies.

Where the F do you get that energy jobs are 100% subisidized? Link if you please. And if you think subsidizing private employment is Marxist, you need to crack open your textbooks again (or actually go buy some)

There is no such thing as clean energy, and those jobs are 100% subsidized by government.

You could say, that Senator Sander's plan will create 900,000 American Marxist jobs. That is an accurate description.

LMAO!! I know, right???!!!! Every time I hear someone say "clean energy" I just want to hit them upside their head with a baseball bat!!! The ONLY "clean" energy this planet gets is raw sunlight and wind. Building machines to harness these is NOT "clean" by any means!! It takes many factories, pumping out many pollutants and toxic chemicals to make the machines to harness sunlight and wind.

Unless mankind goes back to wooden windmills created by hand and wind wheels created by hand out of wood or recycled materials, then it isn't "clean" by any means.

LMAO!! I know, right???!!!! Every time I hear someone say "clean energy" I just want to hit them upside their head with a baseball bat!!! The ONLY "clean" energy this planet gets is raw sunlight and wind. Building machines to harness these is NOT "clean" by any means!! It takes many factories, pumping out many pollutants and toxic chemicals to make the machines to harness sunlight and wind.

Unless mankind goes back to wooden windmills created by hand and wind wheels created by hand out of wood or recycled materials, then it isn't "clean" by any means.
So, even though the total carbon output of some hypothetical solar PV plant might be a ten-thousandth of what would be produced by a fossil fuel powered plant of the same capacity, because it still produced SOME CO2, you would do what? Stick with the fossil fuel? Does that actually make sense to you?

So, even though the total carbon output of some hypothetical solar PV plant might be a ten-thousandth of what would be produced by a fossil fuel powered plant of the same capacity, because it still produced SOME CO2, you would do what? Stick with the fossil fuel? Does that actually make sense to you?

I'm talking about the actual production of the parts needed to create these plants, not their output.

why not educate yourself and speak about facts and not hypothetically

No, your comment does not make sense

Forum List

Back