A place to talk for those of us grieving over our pets

After I started the thread about Polly, I've had a few people PM me about the pain and grief they are going thru over the loss of their pets. I started looking and realized there really wasn't a thread on here for those of us dealing with it. Sure, anyone can do a web search on ways to deal with the loss of a pet, but for many of us, nothing those sites have listed really helps. Most of them are copycats of each other anyway and feel "stale" and uncaring. I want this thread to be a place for support and sincere compassion for those of us that are grieving the loss of our beloved pets.

I've had pets for as long as I can remember. The loss of one has never been minimized due to the loss of another. I have loved them all. I'm one of those that considers my pets "family". They're one of my kids. When they hurt, I hurt. When they're sick, I do everything I can to make them feel better (vet, giving/forcing them to take medicine, holding them like a baby, etc). The pain and heartache of losing one can't be described. It hurts like hell. Coming home is just never the same. There's an emptiness and silence I feel that is unexplainable; all is NOT well with the world as much as I want it to be.
I've 'lost' 5 dogs and 3 cats but I will see them again.

But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.”

It’s almost 10 years now we said goodbye to our Wheaton, my wife’s “hairy daughter”.

Our boys were 11 and 14 when we got her and she stayed with us as long as she could, just over 14 years. Said goodbye on Christmas Day

It still chokes me up and I refuse to get another pet, because they’re more than pets

It's all so sad.....:(

1712970709257.png

It’s almost 10 years now we said goodbye to our Wheaton, my wife’s “hairy daughter”.

Our boys were 11 and 14 when we got her and she stayed with us as long as she could, just over 14 years. Said goodbye on Christmas Day

It still chokes me up and I refuse to get another pet, because they’re more than pets
We get shelter dogs...It's much easier when you realize that you most likely gave them a better life, than they would've had otherwise.

Forum List

Back