A possible reason why Trump is trying to silence opposition media

Do you know what to silence someone can mean? Or are you deliberately playing dumb?

I know what it actually means and no one is being silenced

verb
  1. 1.
    cause to become silent; prohibit or prevent from speaking.
    "the team's performance silenced their critics"
    synonyms: quiet, hush, shush; More

if you are trying to say that Trump is making more difficult for journalists to report then I would agree but that in no way even comes close to silencing them

like I said words mean things
perhaps silencing was the wrong word. I'd say this misfit in our WH is trying to divide our media where one group hates the other It won't work

Oh it will probably work since it really is pretty much like that already
what if trump gave a party and no one came ? would love to see baldwin at oscars tonight
He just gave one in Florida the other week...it was a capacity crowd.....:lol:
he only goes where people will kiss his ass ,,,,he won't talk to all the people Yes he is the president of alt right KKK Nazi lovers and he got lucky ,,,But his luck will run out in 2020 IMO

verb
  1. 1.

if you are trying to say that Trump is making more difficult for journalists to report then I would agree but that in no way even comes close to silencing them

perhaps silencing was the wrong word. I'd say this misfit in our WH is trying to divide our media where one group hates the other It won't work

Oh it will probably work since it really is pretty much like that already
what if trump gave a party and no one came ? would love to see baldwin at oscars tonight
He just gave one in Florida the other week...it was a capacity crowd.....:lol:
you really think he can win another election with his numbers in the low 40's? and due to fall further when people realize the mistake they made voting for him?

trumpangry.gif

Trump's chances of winning sink to 8% amid Republican fears Clinton may take Texas
:badgrin:

He's doing quite a lot actually, he's calling everything he doesn't like "fake news". He's trying to silence them by trying to make people not believe anything they say.

That is still not silencing them because they can still say anything thy want

Yeah, I guess if you want to take everything literally, then you'll have problems in life.

if you can tell me exactly how anyone is silencing any member of the press then go for it

words mean things or didn't you know that?

Do you know what to silence someone can mean? Or are you deliberately playing dumb?

verb
  1. 1.

I don't care. What the fuck ever. Be all pedantic. It doesn't bother me. I'm just getting fed up with people who come on here looking for little scrappy fights over nothing all the time.

The United States President says that the media should be required to list their sources in any story they publish, which obviously conflicts with the first amendment, and you are not even a little bit concerned about the loss of your constitutional rights. Ok. I will do my best, through resistance, to protect those rights for you.

Well stated.......Its rather ironic that Trump wants to demand that sources be listed, but rather shies away when the electorate ALSO demands that Trump reveal his tax returns.

the only part of the electorate demanding his tax returns are people like you IOW the lunatic fringe
oh,,ok we're the only ones who don't believe the pos in our wh is honest?,,,,don't you know his history a thief a liar armed with lawyers

FYI as far as I'm concerned every single motherfucking politician is a liar and a thief.
The fact that you people don't realize this is a constant source of amusement

That is still not silencing them because they can still say anything thy want

Yeah, I guess if you want to take everything literally, then you'll have problems in life.

if you can tell me exactly how anyone is silencing any member of the press then go for it

verb
  1. 1.

I don't care. What the fuck ever. Be all pedantic. It doesn't bother me. I'm just getting fed up with people who come on here looking for little scrappy fights over nothing all the time.

EXCUSE the fuck out of me if I'm not as sloppy in my language usage as you and the rest of the morons here

Trump is NOT controlling what the media presents; he just doesn't want the overt liars in the room with him.

Could you list 2 or 4 "lies" that the evil media has published about Trump?

I mean, something that may have gone a bit beyond calling the orange clown an orange clown.

If you need help with that list, call Sean Hannity.

Trump is silencing the media
Russia hacked the election.
Priebus tried to shut down the investigation
Trump implemented a Muslim ban

Shall we continue?

Well since you want to deflect, let's try it this way. Wouldn't honest media be just media? When YOU label them OPPOSITION MEDIA, doesn't that imply they aren't honest and are biased?

Simple.........Mainstream media is called the FOURTH ESTATE (the 5th being bloggers)......Their job is MOSTLY to be opposition to the other estates whcih obviously include the political one.

If they were an arm of the political estate, they would be a propaganda machine (like FOX).....

I can't help your reading comprehension, but for other i offer the above.

Oh, so you're just a liar. The medias job is to keep the people informed as to what is happening in government and elsewhere, not to oppose, explain what it means or skew or slant what happened to mislead the reader/viewer. When they start doing that they leave journalism and move into advocacy. That belongs on opinion pages/shows, not news. Journalist are to report the who, what, when and where of a story, period, leaving the why to the consumer.

It's amazing that he is unaware of this

Most right wingers who are now stuck with the Trumpster have NO choice but to condone all of the excesses this clown is imposing on our democracy.....and that is too bad; brainwashing is never pleasant to watch.

However, the current administration is well aware that there are very damaging leaks about the Trump administration dealings with Russian thugs just waiting to be exposed in the upcoming weeks (and probably some of these leaks will be from the Russians themselves in their quest to ridicule the current status of U.S. standing in the world's eyes.)

Given these realities, the oval office has launched a preemptive strike against our own media outlets (labeling them fake news) in order to "cushion" the blow of what these media outlets will soon reveal.

Whenever any organization is beleaguered by an onslaught of controversy, the organization retreats into its bunkers hoping that the controversy will be overshadowed by a more important exigency.

Ultimately this sham of an administration will not be brought down by so-called liberals, but by sane republicans who would rather lose a battle than a more devastating war launched by a charlatan under their banner.

We will be facing very nasty and contentious springtime months..

A handful of outlets have been, temporarily, banned from informal press briefings, not press conferences, and it's a preemptive strike against all media. Yet all the other left leaning media outlets will be there to report/distort as they see fit, as usual.

Your outrage duly noted and inserted into the circular file. Thanks for coming in today.

Shall we continue?

yes, moron...now PROVE that all of the above is..objectively (not from Sean Hannity) ...
NOT TRUE

Trump is NOT controlling what the media presents; he just doesn't want the overt liars in the room with him.

Could you list 2 or 4 "lies" that the evil media has published about Trump?

I mean, something that may have gone a bit beyond calling the orange clown an orange clown.

If you need help with that list, call Sean Hannity.

Shall we continue?
3 out of 4 ain't bad

You are outraged because someone, somewhere published a false statement about Trump, and he is not allowed to shut that media down? Then, maybe he does not have the maturity and restraint that Bill Clinton had when they started to publish that he was going to an island to have sex with children. Maybe Trump is not as thick skinned as Obama, who had to endure 8 years of being labeled by the RW press as being a gay muslim, born in Kenya.

First the story I talked about the NYT KNOWINGLY published a false story. Second, feel free to tell me which media outlet he has shut down, I haven't seen any reports on anyone closing their doors.

The United States President says that the media should be required to list their sources in any story they publish, which obviously conflicts with the first amendment, and you are not even a little bit concerned about the loss of your constitutional rights. Ok. I will do my best, through resistance, to protect those rights for you.

Damn, I guess I missed where the 1st said freedom of a false, slanderous press. But then I haven't seen you out defending the free speech rights of preachers speaking about political topics form the pulpit either.

That is a curious twist that you are taking here, but I will play along. Preachers can say anything they want, including political endorsements, as long as they are willing to give up their tax exemptions.

So if their speech can be abridged I guess the press can too. Funny how that works, the founders enlisted the help of preachers during the revolution to help bring people around for independence and modern politicians try to silence them. But to this point I haven't seen Trump try to silence anyone. Go figure.

Can't imagine why modern politicians want to silence preachers

but American citizens are free to think and speak the truth.

........except, however, if you're part of the media, then you're labeled "fake".....according to the Trumpster, that is.....

How someone labeling you something make you any less free to think or speak?

If I call you an idiot, does that mean you can't say anything? Because many people have called you that and it hasn't shut you up yet.

Why is calling the media on their lies somehow silencing them? Have they apologized? Have they stopped lying? Heck no they doubled down.

Your argument is ridiculous. Will you shut up now since I've clearly silenced you in your opinion?
why do people like avatar insist on calling others arguments ridiculous? Surely they have their heads up trumps butt Trump is trying to divide the media Calls great newspapers liars Afraid that they''ll come up with the truth about trumpovitch and his pal putin and their swaying of our election....but avatar cares not

Because they are ridiculous.

It's absolutely absurd to claim labeling someone silences them.

And said newspapers have been proven to be liars again and again. They still keep talking

Well stated.......Its rather ironic that Trump wants to demand that sources be listed, but rather shies away when the electorate ALSO demands that Trump reveal his tax returns.

the only part of the electorate demanding his tax returns are people like you IOW the lunatic fringe
oh,,ok we're the only ones who don't believe the pos in our wh is honest?,,,,don't you know his history a thief a liar armed with lawyers

Oh there is no doubt that he lies and exaggerates. But as we've had a load in the white house for 8 years and we avoided a bigger load entering the white house I'm sure we can put up with it a little while longer. Especially since he is actually doing good things for a change

verb
  1. 1.

EXCUSE the fuck out of me if I'm not as sloppy in my language usage as you and the rest of the morons here

It's a shame people don't care about being precise with their language. It's hard to speak truth if you refuse to use words properly

Most right wingers who are now stuck with the Trumpster have NO choice but to condone all of the excesses this clown is imposing on our democracy.....and that is too bad; brainwashing is never pleasant to watch.

However, the current administration is well aware that there are very damaging leaks about the Trump administration dealings with Russian thugs just waiting to be exposed in the upcoming weeks (and probably some of these leaks will be from the Russians themselves in their quest to ridicule the current status of U.S. standing in the world's eyes.)

Given these realities, the oval office has launched a preemptive strike against our own media outlets (labeling them fake news) in order to "cushion" the blow of what these media outlets will soon reveal.

Whenever any organization is beleaguered by an onslaught of controversy, the organization retreats into its bunkers hoping that the controversy will be overshadowed by a more important exigency.

Ultimately this sham of an administration will not be brought down by so-called liberals, but by sane republicans who would rather lose a battle than a more devastating war launched by a charlatan under their banner.

We will be facing very nasty and contentious springtime months..

Trump has made enemies out of 2 very powerful agencies. The FBI, the CIA, the Department of Homeland Security, and 13 or 14 other intelligence agencies, and the media.

He may think he's king, but really they are the powerhouses in this country. The more he lies, the more he is going to be outed. The more he says Russia was just fake news, the more leaks are going to surface that prove him wrong. His Presidency is already DONE.

Shep Smith of FOX news states in the below video that Trump campaign aids were in contact with the Russians on the very day that Russians hacked into DNC databases. Collusion with a foreign adversary to interfere into an American National election is TREASON. There is no getting around that. Those phone records never go away.

putin-trump-baby-413x565.jpg

This is why the comrade is attacking and banning media outlets right now. He is desperately trying to deflect attention away from this.

Was that posted recently? Oh wow! Today, even! :badgrin: Tell you what, you keep clinging to that delusion based upon a media lie. Keep clinging and clinging and clinging.

It's doing wonders for your credibility. :badgrin:

By all means, keep it up! :banana:

All it does is make you look desperate and delusional.

Phone records never lie. They have the phone numbers, the date and the time of those phone calls. It doesn't matter what the date of this video is, which was last week. It has nothing to do with what is going on. No rational explanation exist for Trump campaign aids to be in communications with high level Russian officials during the CAMPAIGN SEASON.
Trump aides were in constant touch with senior Russian officials during campaign - CNNPolitics.com

This is why Trump is refusing to get around the media, and is banning certain media outlets from attending daily white house briefings. He knows what those questions will be centered around.

You can get your crayons and coloring books out, turn on your Sean Hannity, listen to the news you WANT to hear, but this is reality.

Collusion with a foreign adversary to interfere into an American National election is TREASON, and they have the phone records to prove it.

hack.jpg

There are two options for Republicans:
1. Remove him from office asap to save their honor & the party.
2. Or burn down the entire party in 2018/2020 and beyond by trying to cover this up and squash it.

If Republicans can do 8 investigations into Benghazi with Obama in office, it's not to hard to imagine what Democrats will do with Treason when they take over in 2018.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back