A possible reason why Trump is trying to silence opposition media

Oh, so you're just a liar. The medias job is to keep the people informed as to what is happening in government and elsewhere, not to oppose, explain what it means or skew or slant what happened to mislead the reader/viewer.

Well, "true" a good 7th grader would offer the above definition of what the media job may be....

The media job is NOT to just inform......Hell Trump does that at 5 AM with his tweets......

Investigative journalism is a whole more complex than your silly definition. Someday,maybe, you may also understand.

So tell me "is a whole more", what should an investigative reporter write in their story other than the who, what, when and where?

What a free press reports to a free people is none of the business of a freely elected president.

So the NYT reporting a story of a woman that Trump sexually assaulted, in spite of her telling the NYT that it didn't happen, is none of his business, REALLY?

If the press breaks a law, there is a legal remedy open to him.

I am an American citizen exercising my first amendment rights. Clearly that disturbs you. You, I believe, were the one who used the term "opposition media", and I agree. It is a pity we've come to this.

NO, NO........I used the term, "OPPOSITION MEDIA" for a very specific purpose......If the media does not act as an opposition outlet, THEN they've become a mere PROPAGANDA machine.

If the media decides to BE a Propaganda machine --- they are of no use anymore to the American public. And MANY of the outlets are flirting with disaster out of sheer SPITE at this point. In order to oppose the election results. Opposition media does not and never has been about making shit up.

Until now.

Most right wingers who are now stuck with the Trumpster have NO choice but to condone all of the excesses this clown is imposing on our democracy.....and that is too bad; brainwashing is never pleasant to watch.

However, the current administration is well aware that there are very damaging leaks about the Trump administration dealings with Russian thugs just waiting to be exposed in the upcoming weeks (and probably some of these leaks will be from the Russians themselves in their quest to ridicule the current status of U.S. standing in the world's eyes.)

Given these realities, the oval office has launched a preemptive strike against our own media outlets (labeling them fake news) in order to "cushion" the blow of what these media outlets will soon reveal.

Whenever any organization is beleaguered by an onslaught of controversy, the organization retreats into its bunkers hoping that the controversy will be overshadowed by a more important exigency.

Ultimately this sham of an administration will not be brought down by so-called liberals, but by sane republicans who would rather lose a battle than a more devastating war launched by a charlatan under their banner.

We will be facing very nasty and contentious springtime months..

Oh, so you're just a liar. The medias job is to keep the people informed as to what is happening in government and elsewhere, not to oppose, explain what it means or skew or slant what happened to mislead the reader/viewer.

Well, "true" a good 7th grader would offer the above definition of what the media job may be....

The media job is NOT to just inform......Hell Trump does that at 5 AM with his tweets......

Investigative journalism is a whole more complex than your silly definition. Someday,maybe, you may also understand.

So tell me "is a whole more", what should an investigative reporter write in their story other than the who, what, when and where?

What a free press reports to a free people is none of the business of a freely elected president.

So the NYT reporting a story of a woman that Trump sexually assaulted, in spite of her telling the NYT that it didn't happen, is none of his business, REALLY?

Proving malice for a public figure is a very high legal bar, and that's the only option other that just verbally blasting them, which they deserved.

Proving malice for a public figure is a very high legal bar, and that's the only option other that just verbally blasting them, which they deserved.

You are outraged because someone, somewhere published a false statement about Trump, and he is not allowed to shut that media down? Then, maybe he does not have the maturity and restraint that Bill Clinton had when they started to publish that he was going to an island to have sex with children. Maybe Trump is not as thick skinned as Obama, who had to endure 8 years of being labeled by the RW press as being a gay muslim, born in Kenya.

Trump has bailed out of the WH correspondents dinner, because he always gets shredded at these events. Watch and learn how a mature adult interacts with the press;

Last edited:

You are outraged because someone, somewhere published a false statement about Trump, and he is not allowed to shut that media down? Then, maybe he does not have the maturity and restraint that Bill Clinton had when they started to publish that he was going to an island to have sex with children. Maybe Trump is not as thick skinned as Obama, who had to endure 8 years of being labeled by the RW press as being a gay muslim, born in Kenya.

First the story I talked about the NYT KNOWINGLY published a false story. Second, feel free to tell me which media outlet he has shut down, I haven't seen any reports on anyone closing their doors.

First the story I talked about the NYT KNOWINGLY published a false story. Second, feel free to tell me which media outlet he has shut down, I haven't seen any reports on anyone closing their doors.

The United States President says that the media should be required to list their sources in any story they publish, which obviously conflicts with the first amendment, and you are not even a little bit concerned about the loss of your constitutional rights. Ok. I will do my best, through resistance, to protect those rights for you.

Most right wingers who are now stuck with the Trumpster have NO choice but to condone all of the excesses this clown is imposing on our democracy.....and that is too bad; brainwashing is never pleasant to watch.

However, the current administration is well aware that there are very damaging leaks about the Trump administration dealings with Russian thugs just waiting to be exposed in the upcoming weeks (and probably some of these leaks will be from the Russians themselves in their quest to ridicule the current status of U.S. standing in the world's eyes.)

Given these realities, the oval office has launched a preemptive strike against our own media outlets (labeling them fake news) in order to "cushion" the blow of what these media outlets will soon reveal.

Whenever any organization is beleaguered by an onslaught of controversy, the organization retreats into its bunkers hoping that the controversy will be overshadowed by a more important exigency.

Ultimately this sham of an administration will not be brought down by so-called liberals, but by sane republicans who would rather lose a battle than a more devastating war launched by a charlatan under their banner.

Trump has made enemies out of 2 very powerful agencies. The FBI, the CIA, the Department of Homeland Security, and 13 or 14 other intelligence agencies, and the media.

He may think he's king, but really they are the powerhouses in this country. The more he lies, the more he is going to be outed. The more he says Russia was just fake news, the more leaks are going to surface that prove him wrong. His Presidency is already DONE.

Shep Smith of FOX news states in the below video that Trump campaign aids were in contact with the Russians on the very day that Russians hacked into DNC databases. Collusion with a foreign adversary to interfere into an American National election is TREASON. There is no getting around that. Those phone records never go away.

putin-trump-baby-413x565.jpg

This is why the comrade is attacking and banning media outlets right now. He is desperately trying to deflect attention away from this.

The United States President says that the media should be required to list their sources in any story they publish, which obviously conflicts with the first amendment, and you are not even a little bit concerned about the loss of your constitutional rights. Ok. I will do my best, through resistance, to protect those rights for you.

Damn, I guess I missed where the 1st said freedom of a false, slanderous press. But then I haven't seen you out defending the free speech rights of preachers speaking about political topics form the pulpit either.

Damn, I guess I missed where the 1st said freedom of a false, slanderous press. But then I haven't seen you out defending the free speech rights of preachers speaking about political topics form the pulpit either.

That is a curious twist that you are taking here, but I will play along. Preachers can say anything they want, including political endorsements, as long as they are willing to give up their tax exemptions.

That is a curious twist that you are taking here, but I will play along. Preachers can say anything they want, including political endorsements, as long as they are willing to give up their tax exemptions.

So if their speech can be abridged I guess the press can too. Funny how that works, the founders enlisted the help of preachers during the revolution to help bring people around for independence and modern politicians try to silence them. But to this point I haven't seen Trump try to silence anyone. Go figure.

what's he doing to "silence" them

oh yeah nothing

you mean aside from not allowing real journalists into white house briefings?

we get it, you aren't bright enough to understand. so don't worry your little ignorant head about it.

he's not silencing any journalist
I thought a lawyer were supposed to know what words mean after all words are supposed to be your stock and trade

Trump will not release his taxes for two obvious reasons. First, he is not worth anything near what he claims. I have read that experts at Fortune estimate 3 to 4 billion, instead of the 12 billion he claims. Second, he does not want it out in print that he has carried forward losses for years, and has not paid any taxes since his last bankruptcy. I suspect that he also does not want America to know how much conflict of interest he has in his business dealings with other nations. The Russian thing is also a factor. I just read that Putin is probably the richest man in the world.

Bill Gates supposedly has long way to go to catch the real richest man in the world

the only reason he needs not to release his tax returns is that he has no legal obligation to do so

oh yeah nothing

He's doing quite a lot actually, he's calling everything he doesn't like "fake news". He's trying to silence them by trying to make people not believe anything they say.

That is still not silencing them because they can still say anything thy want

oh yeah nothing

He's doing quite a lot actually, he's calling everything he doesn't like "fake news". He's trying to silence them by trying to make people not believe anything they say.

Yeah, I guess if you want to take everything literally, then you'll have problems in life.

You leftist traitors crack me up. Trump isn't attempting to silence anybody. He is, however, calling out the lying, agenda-driven press.

oh yeah nothing

Yeah, I guess if you want to take everything literally, then you'll have problems in life.

if you can tell me exactly how anyone is silencing any member of the press then go for it

words mean things or didn't you know that?

but American citizens are free to think and speak the truth.

........except, however, if you're part of the media, then you're labeled "fake".....according to the Trumpster, that is.....

How someone labeling you something make you any less free to think or speak?

If I call you an idiot, does that mean you can't say anything? Because many people have called you that and it hasn't shut you up yet.

Why is calling the media on their lies somehow silencing them? Have they apologized? Have they stopped lying? Heck no they doubled down.

Your argument is ridiculous. Will you shut up now since I've clearly silenced you in your opinion?
why do people like avatar insist on calling others arguments ridiculous? Surely they have their heads up trumps butt Trump is trying to divide the media Calls great newspapers liars Afraid that they''ll come up with the truth about trumpovitch and his pal putin and their swaying of our election....but avatar cares not

Forum List

Back