A Quiet Place: Day One

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
This is the third in the A Quiet Place movies. It is a prequel, and it is not necessary to have seen the first two to follow along in this third installment. There are no tie-ins.

I do recommend watching the first two movies, though. They are very good.

The hero of Day One is an ebony cancer woman with a cat that magically disappears and re-appears all through the movie and never once howls, hisses, or meows despite being under constant attack from aliens.

This is the most chill cat in feline history.

Our heroine loves the pizza in New York City, which is completely understandable. I have also gone out of my way to enjoy a slice in NYC.

The aliens come out of the sky. No explanation is given for how they came to be dropping from the sky. They cannot fly, they cannot swim, and they are stone blind. They do have exceptional hearing and this is how they track and kill their human prey.

So if your city was besieged by such creatures, would you be stupid enough to hang around crowds? I mean, come on!

And yet that is what most of the idiots in this movie do, with results you would expect.

At some point, the woman is joined by a Robert Downey, Jr. lookalike in a nice suit who trails along like a lost puppy. And not once during their entire ordeal does this schmuck take off his tie! I don't know why, but this really annoyed me. It was unrealistic.

I've never seen either of these actors before, but they do a great job.

While everyone is heading for some boats which are evacuating the city, our hero is hell bent on getting to Harlem. It only becomes clear at the end why this is her goal.

And exactly where are these boats going? The aliens are all over the planet.

Staten Island? Long Beach? Who knows.

A good, fun movie.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back