“A Republic, if you can keep it.”

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA
At the close of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, when queried as he left Independence Hall on the final day of deliberation—in the notes of Dr. James McHenry, one of Maryland’s delegates to the Convention.

Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?”

Happy Birthday my dear US of A

from a Constitutional Republic

to a

Gargantuan bankrupt welfare/warfare police state

For shame

At the close of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, when queried as he left Independence Hall on the final day of deliberation—in the notes of Dr. James McHenry, one of Maryland’s delegates to the Convention.

to a

For shame

When Mrs. Powel asked that question of Franklin the common definition of Republic was "not a monarchy," so the new government, Franklin was saying, was the USA would not have a king. The framers attempted to keep their work on the Constitution secret, so many Americans did not know of them writing a new plan for government, until finished.

to a

For shame

When Mrs. Powel asked that question of Franklin the common definition of Republic was "not a monarchy," so the new government, Franklin was saying, was the USA would not have a king. The framers attempted to keep their work on the Constitution secret, so many Americans did not know of them writing a new plan for government, until finished.

No sir.
http://Republicanism is the guiding...ty, and a total rejection of aristocracy."[3]
The Founders defined A Republican government as one which uses a Constitution to safeguard individual freedom

to a

For shame

Yes, Neoliberalism is eroding our democratic form of government. For shame indeed, it is time for Americans to wake up to this failing ideology and restore the people's democracy.

American Nightmare: the Depravity of Neoliberalism
What is the connection between the US Empire’s contempt for law and truth-telling and neo-liberalism?

And how is it that citizens can be so passive in the face of evident government prevarication, endless spinning of false narratives, the evisceration of democratic morality and countless corporate and government scandals?

Most of us know that neo-liberalism as an economic form repudiates Keynesian welfare state economics and was propounded by ideologues like Milton Friedman at the University of Chicago and in an earlier day, by the dubious intellectual propagandist Friedrich von Hayek.

In popular usage, neo-liberalism conjures up a cluster of ideas adumbrated by Brown: a radically free market, maximized competition and free trade achieved through economic de-regulation, elimination of tariffs, a range of monetary and social policies favourable to business and indifferent toward poverty, social deracination, cultural decimation and long-term resource depletion and environmental destruction.

to a

For shame

Yes, Neoliberalism is eroding our democratic form of government. For shame indeed, it is time for Americans to wake up to this failing ideology and restore the people's democracy.

What is the connection between the US Empire’s contempt for law and truth-telling and neo-liberalism?

And how is it that citizens can be so passive in the face of evident government prevarication, endless spinning of false narratives, the evisceration of democratic morality and countless corporate and government scandals?

Most of us know that neo-liberalism as an economic form repudiates Keynesian welfare state economics and was propounded by ideologues like Milton Friedman at the University of Chicago and in an earlier day, by the dubious intellectual propagandist Friedrich von Hayek.

In popular usage, neo-liberalism conjures up a cluster of ideas adumbrated by Brown: a radically free market, maximized competition and free trade achieved through economic de-regulation, elimination of tariffs, a range of monetary and social policies favourable to business and indifferent toward poverty, social deracination, cultural decimation and long-term resource depletion and environmental destruction.

Yo butthead

we are a gargantuan bankrupt welfare/warfare police state

So what the fuck do Friedrich von Hayek.or Milton Friedman have to do with it ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

to a

For shame

Yo butthead

So what the fuck do Friedrich von Hayek.or Milton Friedman have to do with it ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I could argue that the Neoliberal economics of those gentlemen have helped enable a warfare state but that wasn't really the cause of my concern as we haven't transformed into anything. We are still a constitutional republic. Who our representatives are representing is at issue however. Which is where those gentlemen come in.

to a

For shame

Yo butthead

I could argue that the Neoliberal economics of those gentlemen have helped enable a warfare state but that wasn't really the cause of my concern as we haven't transformed into anything. We are still a constitutional republic. Who our representatives are representing is at issue however. Which is where those gentlemen come in.

How does CAPITALISM enable a warfare state?

WARFARISM IS A FASCISTIC CHARACTERISTIC

to a

For shame

Yeah, it's crazy to see this hellhole of a country we've become. I was just complaining the other day about this one spot in the road that I always drop calls, and the slow wifi at the local coffee shop. We got it really rough

Our Founders are, no doubt, rolling in their graves. You are witness to a once great Nation in its' final days.

I remember a hippie song from the 60s (or rather some of the lyrics) - I "believe" that it was Steppenwolf that went something like this:

"we'll stick our heads into the sand; just pretend that all is grand,
and hope that everything turns ok"

Welcome to 21st Century America.

Last edited:

to a

For shame

Yeah, it's crazy to see this hellhole of a country we've become. I was just complaining the other day about this one spot in the road that I always drop calls, and the slow wifi at the local coffee shop. We got it really rough

Typical parasite

so long as he gets his welfare benefits on time everything is hunky dory.

Incarceration in the United States is one of the main forms of punishment, rehabilitation, or both for the commission of felonyand other offenses. The United States has the largest prison population in the world,[3][4][5] and the second-highest per-capita incarceration rate, behind Seychelles (which in 2014 had a total prison population of 735 out of a population of around 92,000).[3][6] In 2013 in the US, there were 698 people incarcerated per 100,000 population. This is the U.S. incarceration rate for adults or people tried as adults.[7][3]

Our Founders are, no doubt, rolling in their graves. You are witness to a once great Nation in its' final days.

I remember a hippie song from the 60s (or rather some of the lyrics) - I "believe" that it was Steppenwolf that went something like this:

We are the richest, most powerful country in the world. We lead the world in pop culture, entertainment, technology development and foreign affairs. We hold the worlds most stable currency which serves as the worlds reserve currency.
What makes you think we are in our final days? Come back to reality

We are the richest, most powerful country in the world. We lead the world in pop culture, entertainment, technology development and foreign affairs. We hold the worlds most stable currency which serves as the worlds reserve currency.

You obviously haven't been on this planet long....

to a

For shame

Yo butthead

How does CAPITALISM enable a warfare state?

WARFARISM IS A FASCISTIC CHARACTERISTIC

What is Fascism (political ideology) without Capitalism (economic ideology)? Even RP admits they go hand in hand.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/neolib...ion-of-war-americas-hegemonic-project/5531125
The economic dimensions of this military agenda must be clearly understood. War and Globalization are intimately related. These military and intelligence operations are implemented alongside a process of economic and political destabilization targeting specific countries in all major regions of World.

Neoliberalism is an integral part of this foreign policy agenda. It constitutes an all encompassing mechanism of economic destabilization. Since the 1997 Asian crisis, the IMF-World Bank structural adjustment program (SAP) has evolved towards a broader framework which consists in ultimately undermining national governments’ ability to formulate and implement national economic and social policies.

In turn, the demise of national sovereignty was also facilitated by the instatement of the World Trade Organization (WTO) in 1995, evolving towards the global trading agreements (TTIP and TPP) which (if adopted) would essentially transfer state policy entirely into the hands of corporations. In recent years, neoliberalism has extend its grip from the so-called developing countries to the developed countries of both Eastern and Western Europe. Bankruptcy programs have been set in motion. Island, Portugal, Greece, Ireland, etc, have been the target of sweeping austerity measures coupled with the privatization of key sectors of the national economy.

to a

For shame

Typical parasite

so long as he gets his welfare benefits on time everything is hunky dory.

Incarceration in the United States is one of the main forms of punishment, rehabilitation, or both for the commission of felonyand other offenses. The United States has the largest prison population in the world,[3][4][5] and the second-highest per-capita incarceration rate, behind Seychelles (which in 2014 had a total prison population of 735 out of a population of around 92,000).[3][6] In 2013 in the US, there were 698 people incarcerated per 100,000 population. This is the U.S. incarceration rate for adults or people tried as adults.[7][3]

How is being completely presumptive and off base supposed to help your arguement?

You obviously haven't been on this planet long....
Great arguement man... You all are full of substance this morning. Comments like yours are simply concessions to the argument. Gracias

(1) How are we the "richest" country in the world? We print billions of dollars (backed by thin air) everyday.
(2) The most "powerful" country in the world? Try China. Their Army outnumbers ours by 450,000. They have twice the ballistic missiles that we do and their Navy is three aircraft carriers larger than ours.
(3) "Pop Culture" - who gives a shit
(4) Stable currency? You're joking, right? Our currency is backed by nothing.

Oh, and as an aside, China OWNS the majority of America now. We default and we become "China West". Remember that, man. If China stops buying our DEBT tomorrow - we are finished.

Last edited:
The greatest Country on the planet which went from a poor British colony to a world super power in 250 years and created the greatest legal document in the world that every free nation has copied, has nothing to apologize for. It seems that (mostly) left wing hypocrites who take advantage of and enjoy the freedom of the most tolerant Country in the world never stop complaining even on the 4th of July.

The US declared bankruptcy in 1935

The National Debt is 20 trillion dollars

Our meddlesome deadly foreign affairs suck - the " islamofascists" seek to retaliate against the US, TSA gestapo harass Americans at the airports

That our private industry - entertainment , technology is able to survive despite the US confiscatory taxation and suffocating regulations is truly amazing

(1) How are we the "richest" country in the world? We print billions of dollars (backed by thin air) everyday.
(2) The most "powerful" country in the world? Try China. Their Army outnumbers ours by 450,000. They have twice the ballistic missiles that we do and their Navy is three aircraft carriers larger than ours.
(3) "Pop Culture" - who gives a shit
(4) Stable currency? You're joking, right? Our currency is backed by nothing.
When the uk voted to leave the EU and the market dropped where did people invest? In the dollar... Why? Because it is one of the most stable investments in the world. You obviously don't have a good understanding about how fiat currency works.

As for military... I'll let the stats do the talking

RANKED: The world's 20 strongest militaries

Forum List

Back