A short recap of Carter Page's testimony (try not to laugh too much)

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
If Daily Kos is too "leftist" for you, there are other sources of this idiot's testimony.

Page still allowed the sharp questioners on the Committee to get out of him that he:

• signed a non-disclosure agreement upon joining the Trump campaign at the direction of Sam Clovis;
  • received "incredible insights and outreach from a few Russian legislators and senior members of the presidential administration here" during what he had originally said was a personal trip to Russia in July 2016;
  • discussed this Moscow trip with Clovis both before and after taking it;
  • told Corey Lewandowski, Hope Hicks, J.D. Gordon and JEFF SESSIONS he was going;
  • spoke with Andrey Baranov, head of investor relations at Rosneft, the Russian state-owned oil company, which is under American sanctions, and in fact learned that “this event” (for which he travelled to Russia) was happening from him;
  • with respect to a possible sale of a large portion of Rosneft (in return for lifting the sanctions, as claimed in the Steele dossier), talked with Baranov who “might have mentioned it” (lol!);
  • on being asked by Adam Schiff whether he ever showed support for the idea of lifting the sanctions with Baranov, answered "Not — not directly, not directly.” (Note from Earth to Carter: “not directly” = “YES”);
  • lauded members of the Trump campaign's foreign policy team on July 14 for their "excellent work" on watering down aid to the Ukraine against Russia in the Republican election platform;
  • on being asked if he’d ever met George Papadopoulos’s Russian “Professor” contact, Joseph Misfud, answered: “No. ...I — you know, there may have been a greeting… I have no recollection of ever interacting with him in any way, shape or form...” (Translation: “YES”.);
  • he suggested that Trump travel to Russia in a campaign event in May 2016;
  • asked if he’d been interviewed by Robert Mueller, answered that he didn’t want to talk about that. (Translation: “YES”, and possibly also “I’m scarred for life”.)
In other words, he basically confirmed the dodgy lying slanderous dossier’s claim that he was key in carrying collusion messages to and from Moscow.

Multi-bombshells: Carter Page tries hilariously not to sing like a canary but does anyway

If Daily Kos is too "leftist" for you, there are other sources of this idiot's testimony.

Page still allowed the sharp questioners on the Committee to get out of him that he:

• signed a non-disclosure agreement upon joining the Trump campaign at the direction of Sam Clovis;
  • received "incredible insights and outreach from a few Russian legislators and senior members of the presidential administration here" during what he had originally said was a personal trip to Russia in July 2016;
  • told Corey Lewandowski, Hope Hicks, J.D. Gordon and JEFF SESSIONS he was going;
  • spoke with Andrey Baranov, head of investor relations at Rosneft, the Russian state-owned oil company, which is under American sanctions, and in fact learned that “this event” (for which he travelled to Russia) was happening from him;
  • with respect to a possible sale of a large portion of Rosneft (in return for lifting the sanctions, as claimed in the Steele dossier), talked with Baranov who “might have mentioned it” (lol!);
  • on being asked by Adam Schiff whether he ever showed support for the idea of lifting the sanctions with Baranov, answered "Not — not directly, not directly.” (Note from Earth to Carter: “not directly” = “YES”);
  • lauded members of the Trump campaign's foreign policy team on July 14 for their "excellent work" on watering down aid to the Ukraine against Russia in the Republican election platform;
  • on being asked if he’d ever met George Papadopoulos’s Russian “Professor” contact, Joseph Misfud, answered: “No. ...I — you know, there may have been a greeting… I have no recollection of ever interacting with him in any way, shape or form...” (Translation: “YES”.);
  • asked if he’d been interviewed by Robert Mueller, answered that he didn’t want to talk about that. (Translation: “YES”, and possibly also “I’m scarred for life”.)
In other words, he basically confirmed the dodgy lying slanderous dossier’s claim that he was key in carrying collusion messages to and from Moscow.

Multi-bombshells: Carter Page tries hilariously not to sing like a canary but does anyway
We need to separate out some things which I do not trust media outlets like Daily Kommie to do.

First, it is not unusual for a presidential candidate to reach out to foreign governments during a campaign. Remember Obama met German Chancellor Merkel face to face during his 2008 campaign.

I have noticed a deliberate lie of omission on the part of the anti-Trump media. Many of the communiques back and forth between Trump campaign officials and the chain of command were about arranging such a meeting between Trump and Putin. There was no discussion of collusion in most of those memos.

Now, in some communications there were clear discussions by the officials that Russia cutouts were offering to help the Trump campaign by providing dirt on Clinton.

What we need to know is how far those particular discussions went up the chain, and whether those suggestions were rebuffed.

If an upper command campaign official was welcoming to discussing Trump meeting Putin, that does not necessarily mean anything nefarious in itself.

why do you paste the same post everyday?

Trump is still president, no charges of Russian collision on Trump, Hilary (just like all you far left drones) is still a loser!

Forum List

Back