A South Philly GOP ward leader has been ousted over ‘ballot harvesting’ concerns

Actually it happens all the time.

Identity theft occurs when someone uses your personal identifiable information to commit fraudulent acts such as withdrawing money from your bank account, opening new credit cards, applying for loans or even gaining employment. The most common signs of identity theft include: Unauthorized withdrawals from your bank account
Ok...are we good with that?

Or do we work to make things more secure...like credit cards with chips instead of strips and one time virtual credit card numbers for online purchases?

Hell ... My state used my SSN as my drivers license number for years. Did anyone fight changing that because it was inconvenient to get a new license?

Fuck no. When it comes to things that effect us...we want things to be as secure as possible. Even if it is sometimes cumbersome.

The same with our election processes. Back when getting an ID was REALLY a hassle with potentially little upside... I understand using alternate forms of ID...but today having a Government ID is the rule ...and not having one is the very, very rare exception...there is no reason not to require a government issued picture ID to secure our elections.

There are 360 million people in our country and back in 2012 only 3 million didn't have a government ID.

Chances are a decade later...there are a lot less than that...because we have to assume many of those were older folk who never drove or had modern job experience.

So let's say half a percent of voting age people have no government ID but want to vote...and I imagine that is a high.

Does it make sense to allow our elections to be less secure to accommodate less than half a percent if the population?

The answer is no...it doesn't.

And I suspect the left is simply entrenched in their opposition not because they wouldn't agree if left to their own logic...but that tribalism and sunk cost won't allow them to succumb to logic and reason.

2 million ballots

2 million votes

Biden beat Trump by less than 276,000 votes in key swing states​

You clearly, did not watch that movie, and you have no idea what you are talking about.

". . . . What most people commonly think of as ballot harvesting involves a closed envelope with a ballot that had been voted by the voter. But the men say what is happening in some communities, particularly Latino and low-income neighborhoods, is the taking of someone’s blank ballot and signed early ballot affidavit envelope.

The ballot is then filled out and dropped off (aka harvested) without the voter’s input. Because the real voter signed the early ballot affidavit, there is no way for election officials to know someone other than the voter filled out the ballot.

“It’s done in such a manner that it’s so subtle and gradual that the community believes it’s the norm,” Lara explained. “They think that it’s acceptable and they think this is the way it’s done; this is the way you do things.”

Snyder said that among the videos he turned over to the FBI is one purportedly showing Juarez, 41, bringing multiple early ballots to a local San Luis polling station. The footage, he says, shows the early ballot affidavits were signed but the envelopes were not sealed. Fuentes, 65, is reportedly at the same table when the ballots are dropped off. . . . "

Your statements are not truths. You spout TALKING POINTS. Let's try another tack.

I read that link, and dove down into the research. They did not agree with the studies, so they had their own done, to support their position.

The point here? Of course voter ID is a good idea, it reduces corruption, and the influence if illegal aliens, this is not something that the far left likes. . . they want to subvert the nation.

This? Is a study they directly linked to support their contention, and they basically admit, they don't like voter ID, because it prevents attempts to corrupt the system. LIke I said, I got this link FROM YOUR OWN SOURCE;

". . . Although there are lots of reasons to suspect
that these laws could harm groups like racial minorities and the poor, existing studies have
generally failed to demonstrate a link between voter ID laws and voter turnout among these
groups.. . . "

Here is the truth of the matter. . .

ut the men say what is happening in some communities, particularly Latino and low-income neighborhoods, is the taking of someone’s blank ballot and signed early ballot affidavit envelope.

The ballot is then filled out and dropped off (aka harvested) without the voter’s input. Because the real voter signed the early ballot affidavit, there is no way for election officials to know someone other than the voter filled out the ballot.

OK ….Have Dinesh DeSousa make a movie that proves that actually happens

Go ahead,…..show us actual fake ballots, not some nonsense about cell phone locations

Forum List

Back