A Tale For Today: The Civil War of 1946

All comers that make it past the call screeners, that is.

People like you would be put to the front of the line. Good deflection, though.

But that's not really what happens.

A liberal will be put to the front of the line if the screener figures Rush can make good sport of him because he's not good at public speaking. And time to time, these people fool the screener and then hand Limbaugh his backside, but they get cut off when they make a good point.

Hate Radio. We'll all be better off when it disappears.

Not at all. If you bothered to listen for yourself, you would know that.

anti-american

anti-intellectual.

To cement that point.....'anti-american' requires a capitalization, as follows:

"The term anti-Americanism, or anti-American sentiment, refers to opposition or hostility to the policies, culture, society, economics or international role of the United States."
Anti-Americanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't be a dunce your entire life.....take a day off.

traitor....

oh look another educational insult. You know for someone who claims to be so smart, you really dont have a huge well when it comes to put downs.
in fact the water is quite shallow.

1. "oh look another educational insult."
How do you claim that?
I'm simply pointing out that you don't have one.

2. "traitor...."
As I am a proponent of the Constitution....it's difficult to see how you make that argument.

Based on your intellectual abilities....it's difficult to see how you make any argument.

3. "you really dont have a huge well when it comes to put downs."
Y'know....I can understand your position: having been insulted in so many ways and so many places.....
...you've heard 'em all!
(Pssst....'dont' requires an apostrophe)

4. "in fact the water is quite shallow"
I like that! Water...shallow....pretty good from a drip like you.
(How's that?)

But seriously....I’m sorry I hurt your feeling when I called you stupid.
I really thought you already knew.

Gore got more votes nationally. Gore won the election.

Most people learn about the Electoral College and how it works sometime around the third grade. Did you not get that far, are you just an idiot, or did you forget in the course of your mouth-frothing spaz-out, boy?

No. I just point out the practicality of it.

More people voted for Gore. Gore won the election. He probably won Florida, too.

Bush did something no candidate did in over a century- try to claim that he was rightfully president without a mandate from the people.

Now, I do blame Democrats for not pushing the issue. They should have introduced Amendments to get rid of the electoral college the day after Bush was sworn in and kept bringing it up and make Bush defend his own legitimacy.

Gore lost his home State. Gore lost Florida. Get over it.

Most people learn about the Electoral College and how it works sometime around the third grade. Did you not get that far, are you just an idiot, or did you forget in the course of your mouth-frothing spaz-out, boy?

More people voted for Gore. Gore won the election. He probably won Florida, too.

Bush did something no candidate did in over a century- try to claim that he was rightfully president without a mandate from the people.

Now, I do blame Democrats for not pushing the issue. They should have introduced Amendments to get rid of the electoral college the day after Bush was sworn in and kept bringing it up and make Bush defend his own legitimacy.

Just dump the rule of law when you find yourself on the wrong side of the equation? Like a broken record. Will you ever tire of doing that?

[

There is a certain quality of human being who, when revealed to be wrong, bloviate as you have.

Faced with the statements of pbs, USAToday, the NYTimes, and VOA.....that Bush won that election, accrued more votes, and would have increased same had the count continued...

....you say, lie, "...letting him STEAL the election."

What has been stolen is your opportunity to grow a backbone and admit you are wrong.

"And if we had counted the people's vote,..."
You certainly are a blind, raving, loser.

point, was, the votes were never "officially" counted. And that really didn't matter, anyway.

Now, by the logic of the Athens TN crowd, the Democrats should have gotten some guns from a national guard armory and stormed the courthouse were the votes were being held awaiting the SCOTUS ruling.

Guess what. they didn't do that. The accepted the SCOTUS ruling.

Which is how our system is really supposed to work.

This was the point I was trying to get across.

Both sides worked the system. Neither side decided to march down with guns and have a fight over ballot boxes.

so we got two recessions and two wars and a guy who said, "Well, you covered your ass" when the CIA told him Bin Laden was trying to hit the US.

1. President's are elected via the electoral college.

2. The question has always been about the vote in Florida.

3. Bush got more votes in Florida.

4. Therefore, he earned Florida's electoral votes.

5. It's time for you to admit that saying Bush stole the election is a lie.

Just dump the rule of law when you find yourself on the wrong side of the equation? Like a broken record. Will you ever tire of doing that?

amending the law is not dumping the rule of law. You ever tire of being stupid?
Joe's opinion is how we are set up since 1776...Maybe you need to get some education on the matter.

ANOTHER good cautionary tale about racist, bigotted Southern conservatives...Today represented by the GOP.

One of your usual misspellings.

You should have written "bigotted Southern Democrats."

(And....'bigoted' has one 't.')

The story clearly states that they were Democrats, and even that they won election based on the racist FDR's election.

Did you know that FDR's first Supreme Court appointee was was an official in the KKK?

No?

If you can find room....add it to the list of other things you didn't know.

ErroneousJoe claims a degree in History....yet his posts certainly make that claim open to dispute.

All comers that make it past the call screeners, that is.

A liberal will be put to the front of the line if the screener figures Rush can make good sport of him because he's not good at public speaking. And time to time, these people fool the screener and then hand Limbaugh his backside, but they get cut off when they make a good point.

Nothing a Liberal likes better than the idea of closing off opposition voices.

Smert Komitet Gossudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti!

Joe's opinion is how we are set up since 1776...Maybe you need to get some education on the matter.

The track record of this Administration does not support your position. Amending the Law, removing the Electoral College, if it is even possible, will have more unknown effects than known. Considering the failure in competency levels of Congress, in passing anything, even unread, I personally do not have confidence in anything they do. I trust them less than I trust you, and that ain't saying much. How many pages would you think such a change in Legislation would be? 5000 pages, 25,000 pages, 50,000 pages, of unenforceable law? It's about all they are good for, now a days, by time all of the special interests weigh in. You wouldn't know truth or justice if it bit you in the ass.

Last edited:
When I first read the above, the following found resonance in my view of the current administration:

"Corruption in the election process had made it impossible for the citizens votes to be counted. .... citizens firmly believe that ballot boxes were swapped—but there was no proof. .... "

I cannot believe that Americans re-elected one shown to be as much of a failure in every aspect of governing.

So...I felt that the story of the Civil War of Athens was....poignant.

So... there are still people so butthurt over the election results that they are now calling them illegitimate?

wow. just wow :cuckoo:

When I first read the above, the following found resonance in my view of the current administration:

"Corruption in the election process had made it impossible for the citizens votes to be counted. .... citizens firmly believe that ballot boxes were swapped—but there was no proof. .... "

I cannot believe that Americans re-elected one shown to be as much of a failure in every aspect of governing.

So... there are still people so butthurt over the election results that they are now calling them illegitimate?

The tears that I shed are for America.

Not at all. If you bothered to listen for yourself, you would know that.

Guy, until about 5 years ago, I was about as right wing as any conservative here.

And I listened to Rush every day in my little office while I worked very hard to make rich people richers.

Until I got sick and found out I was about as expendable as a sea monkey.

And, yeah, my point stands. He'd put on liberals to make sport of them, not the ones who could articulately state the liberal point of view on a subject. It's why he never has guests or an oppossing opinion on his show.

The track record of this Administration does not support your position. Amending the Law, removing the Electoral College, if it is even possible, will have more unknown effects than known. Considering the failure in competency levels of Congress, in passing anything, even unread, I personally do not have confidence in anything they do. I trust them less than I trust you, and that ain't saying much. How many pages would you think such a change in Legislation would be? 5000 pages, 25,000 pages, 50,000 pages, of unenforceable law? It's about all they are good for, now a days, by time all of the special interests weigh in. You wouldn't know truth or justice if it bit you in the ass.

thats neat, it still isnt dumping the rule of law dipshit..
your opinion is irrelevant.

The tears that I shed are for America.

sounds like another "failure to recognize it as the victory of our values, and of our culture" :eusa_whistle:

No, dumping the rule of law is what PC suggested. Don't like the election results, go down with a bunch of guns and shoot at some deputies until they hand over the ballot boxes.

But it was immoral and wrong for Bush to INSIST on being sworn in after it was pretty clear he had lost the popular vote by 500,000 votes and a recount of Flordia probably wouldn't have gone well for him.

I mean, shit, Nixon could have pulled that kind of thing in 1960. Votes in Texas, WV and IL were just sketchy enough to give him an out.

But he didn't. He accepted the verdict of the people.

And when you have to cite Richard Nixon as a positive example, that's probably not a good thing.

Gore lost his home State. Gore lost Florida. Get over it.

Doesn't matter. He won the national election.

Incidently, I didn't vote for him. Vote for Bush because back in 2000, I really used to think lying about a blow job was something a president shouldn't do.

Ah, if that was the worst problem we had in the Bush years.

[

1. President's are elected via the electoral college.

2. The question has always been about the vote in Florida.

3. Bush got more votes in Florida.

4. Therefore, he earned Florida's electoral votes.

5. It's time for you to admit that saying Bush stole the election is a lie.

Bush lost the popular vote.

The people rejected him.

He insisted on taking the presidency anyway, and he fought tooth and nail against any recount of Florida because it probably wouldn't have gone well for him.

The honorable and decent thing to do is EXACTLY what Dick Nixon did in 1960 when people on his staff said they could challenge the votes in IL and TX.

He said, JFK won the popular vote. We're done here.

So what you are saying is you support a guy who was not only a terrible president, but had less honor than Richard Nixon. (Then again, Nixon didn't dodge the draft, either. I guess it was a different time.)

thats neat, it still isnt dumping the rule of law dipshit..
your opinion is irrelevant.

About as irrelevant as the current administration disregarding the rule of law everyday, Jackass.

Forum List

Back