A Tale For Today: The Civil War of 1946

The track record of this Administration does not support your position. Amending the Law, removing the Electoral College, if it is even possible, will have more unknown effects than known. Considering the failure in competency levels of Congress, in passing anything, even unread, I personally do not have confidence in anything they do. I trust them less than I trust you, and that ain't saying much. How many pages would you think such a change in Legislation would be? 5000 pages, 25,000 pages, 50,000 pages, of unenforceable law? It's about all they are good for, now a days, by time all of the special interests weigh in. You wouldn't know truth or justice if it bit you in the ass.

thats neat, it still isnt dumping the rule of law dipshit..
your opinion is irrelevant.

About as irrelevant as the current administration disregarding the rule of law everyday, Jackass.

okie dokie....What that has to do with Joe wanting to pass amendments is beyond me.

Regardless the point you can't escape is you dont understand rule of law and amendments.

[

1. President's are elected via the electoral college.

2. The question has always been about the vote in Florida.

3. Bush got more votes in Florida.

4. Therefore, he earned Florida's electoral votes.

5. It's time for you to admit that saying Bush stole the election is a lie.

Bush lost the popular vote.

The people rejected him.

He insisted on taking the presidency anyway, and he fought tooth and nail against any recount of Florida because it probably wouldn't have gone well for him.

The honorable and decent thing to do is EXACTLY what Dick Nixon did in 1960 when people on his staff said they could challenge the votes in IL and TX.

He said, JFK won the popular vote. We're done here.

So what you are saying is you support a guy who was not only a terrible president, but had less honor than Richard Nixon. (Then again, Nixon didn't dodge the draft, either. I guess it was a different time.)

It is the electoral college vote that elects the president. When are people going to understand this salient fact?

very interesting. but when you think about it, who is really interested in how important it is to save our rights and freedoms? Someone who has just fought to protect them. Just like the founding fathers were so interested in providing protections for them. when you understand how important they are and how easy it is for them to be taken away, you understand how dangerous these people are who tinker with them

Boosh's brother and the Supremes stole the election. Gore did the best thing for the country. Nader and his voters were fools and also gave the Pres. to W and Darth Cheney, an incompetent disaster.

But that's not really what happens.

A liberal will be put to the front of the line if the screener figures Rush can make good sport of him because he's not good at public speaking. And time to time, these people fool the screener and then hand Limbaugh his backside, but they get cut off when they make a good point.

Hate Radio. We'll all be better off when it disappears.

Not at all. If you bothered to listen for yourself, you would know that.

Guy, until about 5 years ago, I was about as right wing as any conservative here.

And I listened to Rush every day in my little office while I worked very hard to make rich people richers.

Until I got sick and found out I was about as expendable as a sea monkey.

And, yeah, my point stands. He'd put on liberals to make sport of them, not the ones who could articulately state the liberal point of view on a subject. It's why he never has guests or an oppossing opinion on his show.

You worked for Someone else and figured out that you were replaceable? News flash, we all are. Life is risk. There are promises, but few guarantees. I went on my own long ago, the risks are the same, regardless of political affiliation. You have a problem with how you earn, change it. You have a problem with having extra? do something constructive with it to effect change. There are doers on both sides of the aisle, the same as there are takers and scammers. Rush does a lot of good, and does serve a purpose. You don't like him? You are free to change the station. The obstruction and censorship I see, comes more from the Left than the Right. Maybe it swings like a pendulum, everything has it's cycles. To me the real enemy is Progressive Statism which occupies seats on both sides of the Aisle, and the one thing they insure with each arbitrary judgement they make, is that the State grows in Power, while Our Liberties are sacrificed. Every poor choice we bankroll, and suffer from.

[

It is the electoral college vote that elects the president. When are people going to understand this salient fact?

Legally and technically, yeah. That's fine.

But realistically, we have had 52 Presidential Elections since they had the good sense to amend the even worse system they had originally and replace it under the 12th Amendment.

And in all but four of those, the guy who got the most votes got the presidency.

in 1824, there was a "Corrupt deal" that allowed J.Q. Adams to become president after Jackson won the vote.

In 1876, there was a corrupt deal that allowed Rutherford B. Hayes to become president despite the fact Tilden won the vote. The cost of that was giving up on Reconstruction and 100 years of Jim Crow.

In 1888, Benjamin Harrison became president despite the fact Grover Cleveland got more votes. This was quickly corrected when Cleveland won again in 1892.

In 2000, George W. Bush became president despite the fact that Gore got more votes. We got as a result of that-

1) Two devastating recessions.
2) A terrorist attack on the US that killed 3000.
3) A war based on a lie that cost us a trillion dollars and 5000 dead.
4) A major city wiped off the map because of cronyism at FEMA and other agencies.

Not a believer in God, but maybe I believe in Karma. I would say what happened to America after we surrendered our principles of fair play for political expediency was indeed "Karmic".

Boosh's brother and the Supremes stole the election. Gore did the best thing for the country. Nader and his voters were fools and also gave the Pres. to W and Darth Cheney, an incompetent disaster.

Nader had my Vote, more than once. He was a respectable Candidate. Are you done throwing him under the bus yet?

[

1. President's are elected via the electoral college.

2. The question has always been about the vote in Florida.

3. Bush got more votes in Florida.

4. Therefore, he earned Florida's electoral votes.

5. It's time for you to admit that saying Bush stole the election is a lie.

Bush lost the popular vote.

The people rejected him.

He insisted on taking the presidency anyway, and he fought tooth and nail against any recount of Florida because it probably wouldn't have gone well for him.

The honorable and decent thing to do is EXACTLY what Dick Nixon did in 1960 when people on his staff said they could challenge the votes in IL and TX.

He said, JFK won the popular vote. We're done here.

So what you are saying is you support a guy who was not only a terrible president, but had less honor than Richard Nixon. (Then again, Nixon didn't dodge the draft, either. I guess it was a different time.)

To do that, Joey would need to stop covering his ears and hollering "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LA-LA-LA-LA!" like a four year old.

[

But realistically, we have had 52 Presidential Elections since they had the good sense to amend the even worse system they had originally and replace it under the 12th Amendment.

And in all but four of those, the guy who got the most votes got the presidency.

in 1824, there was a "Corrupt deal" that allowed J.Q. Adams to become president after Jackson won the vote.

In 1876, there was a corrupt deal that allowed Rutherford B. Hayes to become president despite the fact Tilden won the vote. The cost of that was giving up on Reconstruction and 100 years of Jim Crow.

In 1888, Benjamin Harrison became president despite the fact Grover Cleveland got more votes. This was quickly corrected when Cleveland won again in 1892.

In 2000, George W. Bush became president despite the fact that Gore got more votes. We got as a result of that-

4) A major city wiped off the map because of cronyism at FEMA and other agencies.

Not a believer in God, but maybe I believe in Karma. I would say what happened to America after we surrendered our principles of fair play for political expediency was indeed "Karmic".

What you are not seeing is how many people from heavy leaning states, stay home, not even bothering to vote, knowing that it is useless. Consider the percentage of the population that does not even bother to vote anymore because there is no confidence.

[

You worked for Someone else and figured out that you were replaceable? News flash, we all are. Life is risk. There are promises, but few guarantees. I went on my own long ago, the risks are the same, regardless of political affiliation. You have a problem with how you earn, change it. You have a problem with having extra? do something constructive with it to effect change. There are doers on both sides of the aisle, the same as there are takers and scammers.

This is what I always enjoy, it the "Well, why don't you love corporatism anymore" nonsense.

It screwed me. I'm screwing back by voting for Obama and any other left wing moonbat who will screw corporations with more regulations and higher taxes. In short, politically, I'm not voting for their interests, I'm voting for MINE.

And I don't buy the whole, "Well, you need to become part of the problem" solution. That's like telling a rape victim she needs to buy a strap-on.

[

Rush does a lot of good, and does serve a purpose. You don't like him? You are free to change the station. The obstruction and censorship I see, comes more from the Left than the Right. Maybe it swings like a pendulum, everything has it's cycles. To me the real enemy is Progressive Statism which occupies seats on both sides of the Aisle, and the one thing they insure with each arbitrary judgement they make, is that the State grows in Power, while Our Liberties are sacrificed. Every poor choice we bankroll, and suffer from.

I see no good coming out of Limbaugh spewing hate. In fact, quite the opposite, I think he hurts your cause.

Great example- Sandra Fluke.

Valid point you guys had to make- People should not be forced to pay for medical treatments that are in oppossition to their religious values.

What everyone paid attention to - "Slut!!!!"

Yet Mitt Romney couldn't have been the adult in the room and denounced Limbaugh. Limbaugh would have turned on Romney and Santorum would have had a free ride in all the primaries to follow.

He took what could have been a valid debate and ran it right off the rails.

It's not a matter of him having the right to say what he wants. It's a matter of him having outsized influence.

[

You have written one of the longest non sequiturs I've ever had the privilege to read.

Do you honestly believe the electoral college has anything to do with the events on your list?

Is there any proof, beyond your learned opinion, that those events would not have happened if someone else had been elected?

By the way, the popular vote has nothing at all to do with fair play. How is it fair to less populated states? What is fair is to live up to the constitution and the agreements among states and the federal government when the states joined the union.

Democracies are only a cut above mob rule.

[

What you are not seeing is how many people from heavy leaning states, stay home, not even bothering to vote, knowing that it is useless. Consider the percentage of the population that does not even bother to vote anymore because there is no confidence.

Oh, I see that as HUGE part of the problem.

Presidential elections only happen in a handful of states at this point. You'd have barely known there was an election in IL because neitehr side bothered to really contest it.

More to the point, it gives swing states outsized influence. for instance, many people have speculated that if Clinton had not sent Elian Gonzalez home, Gore would have carried the Cuban community in Miami and the vote.

[

You have written one of the longest non sequiturs I've ever had the privilege to read.

Do you honestly believe the electoral college has anything to do with the events on your list?

Is there any proof, beyond your learned opinion, that those events would not have happened if someone else had been elected?

By the way, the popular vote has nothing at all to do with fair play. How is it fair to less populated states? What is fair is to live up to the constitution and the agreements among states and the federal government when the states joined the union.

Actualy, I do believe that if followed the popular vote in 2000 instead of the Electoral vote...

Let's see.

1) When the CIA went to President Gore and said, "Bin Laden Determined to Strike US", President Gore would not have said, "Well, you've covered your ass" and gone fishing. He'd have sent out alerts to the airports. He would have p ushed the airlines to tighten security.

In fact, one of the things Gore suggested when he was Veep was to mandate steel doors on the cockpits of all airliners. The Airlines opposed that until AFTER 9/11 happened.

2) If Gore had been president, we have seen real stimulus instead of tax cuts in the 2001 recession. The 2008 recession wouldn't have happened, because he wouldn't have appointed a crony like Christopher Cox.

3) Al Gore would not have gone after Saddam. Saddam didn't try to murder his Pa....

4) Al Gore would have appointed professionals to run FEMA, not "Heckava Job" Brownie, who ran Horse shows.

A history where GOre was the 43rd President would have been very different. But we didn't stand up for Democacy, so we got what we desrerved, I guess.

All comers that make it past the call screeners, that is.

People like you would be put to the front of the line. Good deflection, though.

But that's not really what happens.

A liberal will be put to the front of the line if the screener figures Rush can make good sport of him because he's not good at public speaking. And time to time, these people fool the screener and then hand Limbaugh his backside, but they get cut off when they make a good point.

Hate Radio. We'll all be better off when it disappears.

reminds me of the time that caller pwned him a couple years ago about his hospital visit in hawaii that cost him plenty, by Joe Sixpack standards, even though they said he was free to go w/ a clean bill of health. Would have been a major issue for many other people to pay that bill for basically saying "everything is A OK."

[

Actualy, I do believe that if followed the popular vote in 2000 instead of the Electoral vote...

Let's see.

1) When the CIA went to President Gore and said, "Bin Laden Determined to Strike US", President Gore would not have said, "Well, you've covered your ass" and gone fishing. He'd have sent out alerts to the airports. He would have p ushed the airlines to tighten security.

In fact, one of the things Gore suggested when he was Veep was to mandate steel doors on the cockpits of all airliners. The Airlines opposed that until AFTER 9/11 happened.

2) If Gore had been president, we have seen real stimulus instead of tax cuts in the 2001 recession. The 2008 recession wouldn't have happened, because he wouldn't have appointed a crony like Christopher Cox.

3) Al Gore would not have gone after Saddam. Saddam didn't try to murder his Pa....

4) Al Gore would have appointed professionals to run FEMA, not "Heckava Job" Brownie, who ran Horse shows.

A history where GOre was the 43rd President would have been very different. But we didn't stand up for Democacy, so we got what we desrerved, I guess.

I realize it might comfort you to believe those things, but they are only airy imaginings on your part. No one knows what Gore would've done. Personally, I believe a Gore presidency would've been a disaster. Gore strikes me as an over-protected rich kid who was groomed for the presidency but lacked the moxie and grit needed to grasp it.

If his film on ecology is any indicator, the man is a complete dunce with no concept of causality.

You seem to be a bit lacking in that department, too, come to think of it.

[

Let's see.

I realize it might comfort you to believe those things, but they are only airy imaginings on your part. No one knows what Gore would've done. Personally, I believe a Gore presidency would've been a disaster. Gore strikes me as an over-protected rich kid who was groomed for the presidency but lacked the moxie and grit needed to grasp it.

If his film on ecology is any indicator, the man is a complete dunce with no concept of causality.

Hmmm.. Interesting. So Gore going to Vietnam dind't have grit, but Bush getting into a National Guard unit and not even showing up for the drills half the time was grit. Hmmmm...

I don't know if a Gore Adminstration"would" have been a disaster or not.

But the Bush-43 presidency WAS a disaster.

As far as his film on Global Warming (where 93% of scientists who study that field agree with him!), if he had shown that kind of passion on the campaign trail, he'd have probably won.

[

Let's see.

Hmmm.. Interesting. So Gore going to Vietnam dind't have grit, but Bush getting into a National Guard unit and not even showing up for the drills half the time was grit. Hmmmm...

I don't know if a Gore Adminstration"would" have been a disaster or not.

But the Bush-43 presidency WAS a disaster.

As far as his film on Global Warming (where 93% of scientists who study that field agree with him!), if he had shown that kind of passion on the campaign trail, he'd have probably won.

Who said anything about Bush? When did I compare or contrast the two?

Why do you constantly read things into text that aren't there? Why do you think Gore would've been any better than Bush? There is absolutely no reason to do so, other than your own imagination.

If you think Gore exhibited rational thinking in his silly global warming film, I have a bridge in the Sahara that would probably interest you.

A global warming trend began with the use of fossil fuels.

Therefore fossil fuels cause global warming.

Interestingly, the women's suffrage movement began about the same time. In fact, you could chart the global warming trend with the relatively recent increase in women's power and influence and come up with a pretty comparable chart.

Should we then draw the conclusion that feminism causes global warming?

Or maybe feminism caused the increased use of fossil fuels because feminists needed labor-saving devices to free them from the drudgery of housework?

Of course that is all bullshit. Intelligent people know that there's nothing scientific about it, just like there's nothing scientific about Gore's musings on global warming.

Linking is not causality. I'm sure that 93% of scientists know that. It's a shame they don't voice it.

When I first read the above, the following found resonance in my view of the current administration:

"Corruption in the election process had made it impossible for the citizens votes to be counted. .... citizens firmly believe that ballot boxes were swapped—but there was no proof. .... "

I cannot believe that Americans re-elected one shown to be as much of a failure in every aspect of governing.

So...I felt that the story of the Civil War of Athens was....poignant.

So... there are still people so butthurt over the election results that they are now calling them illegitimate?

wow. just wow :cuckoo:

The tears that I shed are for America.

oh for fuck's sake :eusa_doh: Your rw hackery knows no bounds :thup:

[

Who said anything about Bush? When did I compare or contrast the two?

Why do you constantly read things into text that aren't there? Why do you think Gore would've been any better than Bush? There is absolutely no reason to do so, other than your own imagination.

Guy, I gave you a whole list of reasons why Gore would have been better. Mostly that he was vastly more intelligent, expereinced and didn't let his personal grudges cloud his decisions.

[

If you think Gore exhibited rational thinking in his silly global warming film, I have a bridge in the Sahara that would probably interest you.

A global warming trend began with the use of fossil fuels.

Therefore fossil fuels cause global warming.

Interestingly, the women's suffrage movement began about the same time. In fact, you could chart the global warming trend with the relatively recent increase in women's power and influence and come up with a pretty comparable chart.

Should we then draw the conclusion that feminism causes global warming?

Or maybe feminism caused the increased use of fossil fuels because feminists needed labor-saving devices to free them from the drudgery of housework?

Of course that is all bullshit. Intelligent people know that there's nothing scientific about it, just like there's nothing scientific about Gore's musings on global warming.

Linking is not causality. I'm sure that 93% of scientists know that. It's a shame they don't voice it.

Guy, i honestly have to read that junk and wonder if you are some kind of complete retard.

Fossil fuels increase the amount of CO2 into the atmosphere.

CO2 is a greenhouse gas. It traps heat. This is not even in dispute. So their is a causality.

and one more time. 93% of CLIMATE SCIENTISTS think that fossil fuels cause global warming.

None that I know of blame feminism.

Turn off the Hate Radio and stop doing what the Koch Brothers have Rush tell you. Think for your self for once.

Forum List

Back