A third party signed up 15,000 voters in Arizona. Democrats worry that’s enough for a Biden spoiler

How DARE they call third oarty candidates "spoilers"... wen literally every fact of American history shows its fact.

It's not really the third party candidate that is the "spoiler", it's the system. It's not democratic, not fit for purpose in the 20th century, let alone the 21st.

“unity ticket”

No, it’s the get Trump elected ticket.

And every honest, patriotic American should be concerned, not just Democrats.
Why would you assume that a third party would pull votes from Biden and not Trump?

Not saying you’re wrong, just curious as to your reasoning, if you oppose Trump.

At a school in South Park, Colorado in 2004 they had an election to determine their school mascot. It was to be either a Giant Douche or a Shit Sandwich. There were no third parties allowed. To no one's surprise Giant Douche won it outright.
True story: For my high school graduation theme song in 1980, the Student Council picked a song but was told to hold a vote. The gave us two choices, “Do you Know Where You’re Going To” AKA theme from Mahogony, and “Rainbow Connection” by Kermit the Frog. Kermit got some protest votes, but the High School establishment got their pick.

Never trusted elections since.

True story: For my high school graduation theme song in 1980, the Student Council picked a song but was told to hold a vote. The gave us two choices, “Do you Know Where You’re Going To” AKA theme from Mahogony, and “Rainbow Connection” by Kermit the Frog. Kermit got some protest votes, but the High School establishment got their pick.

Especially when they tell you there are only two "choices".

The student council picked a song.
Were you on the student council?

Nope. Only brainwashed partisan idiots say that.

Providing alternatives to the SHIT that Ds and Rs foist on us doesn't spoil anything. It's the one thing might may save us.

You can not like the situation, but it's the situation.

Providing alternatives doesn't acting on some of them plays the spoiler for the side you agree with most.

You can not like the situation, but it's the situation.
It's not the situation. It's a twisted scam that's driving us into a hole, a hole we might not climb out of. And people like you perpetuate it. Please stop.

If that logic was sound then you'd be seeing third party candidates getting more votes in heavily partisan states like California or Wyoming, where voters of the minority party know they have no chance of winning and vice versa, voters in the majority could freely vote third party knowing the candidate of the majority will still win anyway without their vote.

We don't see that, phenomenon, however.

The system provides the mechanism. And you are partially right the voters mostly prefer a binary solution set to elections, but the system currently makes accepting it easier for them.

It's not the situation. It's a twisted scam that's driving us into a hole, a hole we might not climb out of. And people like you perpetuate it. Please stop.

It's how I see the mechanisms.

And I won't stop so fuck off. How dare you assume you have that ability.

It's how I see the mechanisms.

And I won't stop so fuck off. How dare you assume you have that ability.
What ability am I assuming??? The only ability I have is to plead with people to stop falling for it. Lo2e is naked fear-mongering that the parties use to manipulate voters.

I'll say again, if you think Biden/Trump is the best we can do, vote for one of them. Wallow in it.

But if you're not blind, if you can see that both of them are horrible candidates who should be nowhere near the White House, consider saying "no" to their bs.

Ross Perot played spolier in 1992.

In 1860 The Constitutional Union Party took enough votes from Unionist Dems to allow Lincoln to win.
I don't buy that argument, as it involves mind reading.

How do you know that the Perot voters would've voted for Bush?...How do you know for sure that they wouldn't have picked another party candidate, voted Clinton out of spite, or just stayed home?

Spoiler alert: We cannot know that.

Just take a couple of steps back. How did we get to the point where voting for your favorite candidate is considered a bad thing? What exactly are you "spoiling" by doing so?

We have people telling us that the right thing to do is to game the system, to vote "strategically", dishonestly, in an underhanded attempt to prevent "the enemy" from winning.

Isn't it about time we told these fear-mongering con-men to get lost?

What ability am I assuming??? The only ability I have is to plead with people to stop falling for it. Lo2e is naked fear-mongering that the parties use to manipulate voters.

I'll say again, if you think Biden/Trump is the best we can do, vote for one of them. Wallow in it.

But if you're not blind, if you can see that both of them are horrible candidates who should be nowhere near the White House, consider saying "no" to their bs.

Nothing more sad than the hubris of the people who think they are "above" the reality of how things actually work.

Man the barricades then, poseur.

I don't buy that argument, as it involves mind reading.

How do you know that the Perot voters would've voted for Bush?...How do you know for sure that they wouldn't have picked another party candidate, voted Clinton out of spite, or just stayed home?

Spoiler alert: We cannot know that.

We can assume that based on the conditions at the time, and the positions of Perot vs. Bush. Vs. Clinton.

Forum List

Back