A Tribute to the King of Rock n Roll

Elvis had a stage presence like no other performer and an incredible voice. Who cares if he didn't write his own songs. Nobody would have ever heard of Chuck Berry if Elvis didn't break the color barrier and opened mainstream radio to black artists. All those folks owe a debt of gratitude to him.
because the people who wrote the songs created rock n roll...and elvis owes a debt of gratitude to all those black artists he tried to emulate,without them he would not have existed....and in the middle 50's many knew who chuck berry was he was on many white tv shows and was getting air play on white radio stations....and one big reason for elvis success was the band he had behind him.....they made him sound pretty good....

"Elvis Presley’s “Hound Dog” (1956) is one of the biggest and most instantly recognizable pop songs in history. It’s a song so closely associated with the King of Rock and Roll, in fact, that many may mistakenly assume that it was a Presley original. In fact, the story of the song that gave Elvis his longest-running #1 hit (11 weeks) in the summer of 1956 began four years earlier, when “Hound Dog” was recorded for the very first time by the rhythm-and-blues singer Ellie Mae “Big Mama” Thornton in Los Angeles, California."

Last edited:
Dang. I've probably got just about everything he ever released. And a lot of what wasn't officially released. A lot of his demos are way better than what made the record.

There's just too many. Impossible to pick favorites with his stuff.

"Elvis Presley’s “Hound Dog” (1956) is one of the biggest and most instantly recognizable pop songs in history. It’s a song so closely associated with the King of Rock and Roll, in fact, that many may mistakenly assume that it was a Presley original. In fact, the story of the song that gave Elvis his longest-running #1 hit (11 weeks) in the summer of 1956 began four years earlier, when “Hound Dog” was recorded for the very first time by the rhythm-and-blues singer Ellie Mae “Big Mama” Thornton in Los Angeles, California."

and it was composed by 2 jewish guys who were one of the best song writing duos ever.....Lieber and Stoller....

Alright, last one, if I get on an Elvis kick, I'll be on this thing all night...

Last edited:
because the people who wrote the songs created rock n roll...and elvis owes a debt of gratitude to all those black artists he tried to emulate,without them he would not have existed....and in the middle 50's many knew who chuck berry was he was on many white tv shows and was getting air play on white radio stations....and one big reason for elvis success was the band he had behind him.....they made him sound pretty good....
Elvis eclipses all other rock performers and is universally acknowledged as the King of Rock n Roll. This is just a fact.

Elvis eclipses all other rock performers and is universally acknowledged as the King of Rock n Roll. This is just a fact.
all you are telling me is you are an elvis fan....i get that....if elvis wasnt white he would have just been another rock n roller.....

all you are telling me is you are an elvis fan....i get that....if elvis wasnt white he would have just been another rock n roller.....
I started this thread as a tribute to Elvis but you decided you only wanted to troll here.

Forum List

Back