A wake-up call

Boop,

It is something the emergent church or movie church would put out teaching a half truth. It is giving people what they want instead of what they need. Aaron catered to felt needs and gave people what they wanted which was a molten calf and what did it do for them? It got them in trouble with God. It wasn't what they needed.

The social gospel is not the gospel. You can love people all you want and they won't be transformed but if they don't hear the gospel, they are basically going to hell in my understanding.

Chuck

Boop,

It is something the emergent church or movie church would put out teaching a half truth. It is giving people what they want instead of what they need. Aaron catered to felt needs and gave people what they wanted which was a molten calf and what did it do for them? It got them in trouble with God. It wasn't what they needed.

The social gospel is not the gospel. You can love people all you want and they won't be transformed but if they don't hear the gospel, they are basically going to hell in my understanding.

Chuck

the KEY words.

because He said :

Matthew 25:31-46

34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[a] you did it to me.’

and that is IT.

Boop,

Chuck

People have no trouble with God. People have trouble with themselves... and other people.

Molten calf? Please, bitch. I like mine medium-well.

Chuck, you're a decent person. But honestly I never trusted anyone tripped out on the notion of God, Christ, Scripture, Bible...

Juan Diego... he's my Christ. And his vision is my Mother.

and what if there were no inner needs, as it is meant to be - the true goal is the OuterWorld for a successful life.

Chuck, you're a decent person. But honestly I never trusted anyone tripped out on the notion of God, Christ, Scripture, Bible...

Juan Diego... he's my Christ. And his vision is my Mother.

I use to trust a group of pastors who taught me for a while and then I saw their problems but Jesus didn't trust anyone.

John 2:24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

The word means to trust, have confidence in, etc:

So if Jesus didn't trust anyone then why should I trust anyone?

We need to see people for real - as God sees them.

Boop,

Why don't you join the cult the Boston Church of Christ which is also called the New York movement. They will love you as God sees you but they will want to control you.

Love doesn't seek its own.

Love doesn't solve problems because there is a whole methadone clinic around the corner from my work. The doctors who work at the clinic seek to help the people inside but there is no transformation. The patients actually get worse because they hang around outside and it becomes a social. You can love people all you want but there is no need for them to change. You can love people who are going to hell and never tell them that there is a problem but they will still go to hell. I use to help people by giving people rides and then they would just spend their bus money on more alcohol and beg for more money. It isn't helping people but enabling people.

The churches that are attracting large groups in are also not telling people the truth. We should love people but not at the expense of truth and love that doesn't protect ceases to be love. When you love the person and protect the lies then you are really an accomplice to them going to hell and their downfall.

Chuck

Boop,

Chuck

People have no trouble with God. People have trouble with themselves... and other people.

Molten calf? Please, bitch. I like mine medium-well.

I had a friend who wanted help. I gave the person a lot of help but I couldn't see she was on drugs and a sex worker. She almost died. What love was to her was enablement. She wanted to stay in her lifestyle.

You can be blind to what people are doing. You can love them but you are enabling them.

Nice vid. Reminds me of this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI]This Is Water - Full version-David Foster Wallace Commencement Speech - YouTube[/ame]

A wake up call indeed. My outlook on life and those around me is contingent upon my Spiritual condition. Being considerate or empathetic toward my fellow "man" is one of the inner stops I make on my daily journey. Being human we can only do our best. There is no one person who is problem free, we each handle those problems in ways which best suit our abilities at the moment. The subject of this vid needed a hand....don't we all at times.

A wake up call indeed. My outlook on life and those around me is contingent upon my Spiritual condition. Being considerate or empathetic toward my fellow "man" is one of the inner stops I make on my daily journey. Being human we can only do our best. There is no one person who is problem free, we each handle those problems in ways which best suit our abilities at the moment. The subject of this vid needed a hand....don't we all at times.

Thank you as well, Connery. That video was like cold water in the face for me; a reminder of what I have always known, but sometimes lose sight of.

Thank you as well, Connery. That video was like cold water in the face for me; a reminder of what I have always known, but sometimes lose sight of.

I invite you and yours over to my house for dinner, Boop.

Forum List

Back