A Well-Deserved Death

I disagree. This execution provides some closure for the boy's family members. I know that it does not bring the boy back, but it does help ease the pain somewhat.

With respect to the boy's family members...they should be finding closure in a life sentence no parole ...and not in chambers of death that terrorise other families.

This statement makes no sense.

Yes it does. Convicted killers [even if they're not innocent] have family members who are innocent. Little kids, spouses, siblings etc who love them and are terrorised by their killing by the state.
As bad as the convicted killers are, their little kids etc should not be punished for the sins of their parent.

Last edited:
Don't rape and kill little kids in Florida.

The boy's father, 70-year-old Don Ryce, witnessed the execution along with his son Ted, 37. They told reporters outside the prison that the execution closes a long, painful chapter and hopefully sends a powerful message to other would-be child abductors.

"Don't kill the child. Because if you do, people will not forget, they will not forgive. We will hunt you down and we will put you to death," Ryce said.

Fla. Man Executed in Boy's Rape, Murder - ABC News

Let us, please, have a moment of proper reflection (and appropriate mourning) for the passing of the convicted child killer.

:clap2::clap2: :lmao: :clap2::clap2:

I hope that was reverential enough.

The boy's father, 70-year-old Don Ryce, witnessed the execution along with his son Ted, 37. They told reporters outside the prison that the execution closes a long, painful chapter and hopefully sends a powerful message to other would-be child abductors.

"Don't kill the child. Because if you do, people will not forget, they will not forgive. We will hunt you down and we will put you to death," Ryce said.

Let us, please, have a moment of proper reflection (and appropriate mourning) for the passing of the convicted child killer.

Yes let us.
Proper and serious reflection...about what actually happened.
...how the state turned a living human being into a corpse, and how barbaric that is.

They didn't get executed did they? What's the problem?

Obtuse purposefully? The problem is we HAVE killed innocents

Prior to DNA testing, prior to modern forensic techniques. Now, there's no problem.

What do you base this on? Are modern forensic techniques flawless? Is it no longer possible to be sentenced to death without the use of DNA testing and whatever modern forensic techniques you mean?

I have no particular problem with death as a form of punishment, I simply don't trust our justice system to be correct in every capital crime case.

With respect to the boy's family members...they should be finding closure in a life sentence no parole ...and not in chambers of death that terrorise other families.

Yes it does. Convicted killers [even if they're not innocent] have family members who are innocent. Little kids, spouses, siblings etc who love them and are terrorised by their killing by the state.
As bad as the convicted killers are, their little kids etc should not be punished for the sins of their parent.
He should have thought about that before he committed the murders. He knew that Florida has the death penalty, and yet still committed the crime, not thinking about any repercussions, the victims family members, nor his own family members.

He should have thought about that before he committed the murders. He knew that Florida has the death penalty, and yet still committed the crime, not thinking about any repercussions, the victims family members, nor his own family members.

Yes, families of those sentenced to death being terrorised...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnjvlW4dyfw [/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGEDWNj5Jzo]Family Members having a loved one on Death Row - YouTube[/ame]

The only powerful message it sends is that the state is a premeditated, cold-blooded killer.

There are a lot of things wrong with our prison system, including that we incarcerate many for the wrong reason and we sometimes kill the innocent -

And yet, this child predator lived way longer than he should have.

"The death house".

"Executioner school"

Oh the horror of it all...the cold-blooded killing by the state.

Living human beings being turned into corpses by the state.
Death house.

Totally, totally barbaric.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkbI4EcOs9U&list=PLO9Lx65sJu9YKE8frPE3LV-zBDp0ga_Ch]Death Row - The Final 24 Hours - YouTube[/ame]

"The death house".

"Executioner school"

Oh the horror of it all...the cold-blooded killing by the state.

Living human beings being turned into corpses by the state.
Death house.

Totally, totally barbaric.

Death Row - The Final 24 Hours - YouTube

Humanoids, who turned INNOCENT human beings into corpses, oftimes in horribly violent manner.

Fuck them. I'll treat them better than they treated others in THEIR power. But, I'll still kill them because they deserve it.

Executing the wrong person is tragic. At the same time though not executing the right person is just as tragic. Plus I gotta say, if you're picked up on suspicion of murder I imagine you're not exactly a saint. If still a criminal, or have a criminal record and you're executed that's not like busting in on a PTA meeting and hauling a complete innocent off or anything.

No, executing the WRONG person is a crime, and should be treated as such. I am only in favor of the death penalty in very specific cases. One of those proviso's is there can be not the slightest doubt about the perp. Not the slightest. If there is a .01 percent chance that the accused is possibly innocent than the death penalty should never even have a chance to be considered.

Actually Scalia argued conversely:

Scalia says there's nothing unconstitutional about executing the innocent. | ThinkProgress

This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is “actually” innocent. Quite to the contrary, we have repeatedly left that question unresolved, while expressing considerable doubt that any claim based on alleged “actual innocence” is constitutionally cognizable.

further reading

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/08pdf/08-1443Scalia.pdf

Yes let us.
Proper and serious reflection...about what actually happened.
...how the state turned a living human being into a corpse, and how barbaric that is.

WONDERFUL. He makes a good corpse. In FACT, he makes a much better corpse than he did a human being.

And better yet, now there's no chance that the damn son of a **** will ever turn another child into a rape victim and then a corpse.

Light banter aside, I say it's just GREAT that the cocksucker is dead. Too bad they couldn't have used an electric chair, though.

Please elucidate. Please name one person executed in the past 50 years who was later shown to have been innocent of the crime for which he was convicted.

Factually innocent.

I will not hold my breath waiting for your list. There is nobody on it.

There are some:

United States[edit]

Cameron Todd Willingham was executed February, 2004, for murdering his three young children by arson at the family home in Corsicana, Texas. Nationally known fire investigator Gerald Hurst reviewed the case documents, including the trial transcriptions and an hour-long videotape of the aftermath of the fire scene and said in December 2004 that "There's nothing to suggest to any reasonable arson investigator that this was an arson fire. It was just a fire."[12] In 2010, the Innocence Project filed a lawsuit against the State of Texas, seeking a judgment of "official oppression".[13]

Statistics likely understate the actual problem of wrongful convictions because once an execution has occurred there is often insufficient motivation and finance to keep a case open, and it becomes unlikely at that point that the miscarriage of justice will ever be exposed. In the case of Joseph Roger O'Dell III, executed in Virginia in 1997 for a rape and murder, a prosecuting attorney argued in court in 1998 that if posthumous DNA results exonerated O'Dell, "it would be shouted from the rooftops that ... Virginia executed an innocent man." The state prevailed, and the evidence was destroyed.[14]

Johnny Garrett of Texas was executed February, 1992, for allegedly raping and murdering a nun. In March, 2004, cold-case DNA testing identified Leoncio Rueda as the rapist and murderer of another elderly victim killed four months prior.[15] Immediately following the nun's murder, prosecutors and police were certain the two cases were committed by the same assailant.[16] In both cases, black curly head hairs were found on the victims, linked to Rueda. Previously unidentified fingerprints in the nun's room were matched to Rueda. The flawed case is explored in a 2008 documentary entitled The Last Word.

Jesse Tafero was convicted of murder and executed via electric chair May, 1990, in the state of Florida for the murders of two Florida Highway Patrol officers. The conviction of a co-defendant was overturned in 1992 after a recreation of the crime scene indicated a third person had committed the murders.[17]

Carlos DeLuna was executed in Texas in December 1989. Subsequent investigations cast strong doubt upon DeLuna's guilt for the murder of which he had been convicted.[18][19]

Thomas and Meeks Griffin were executed in 1915 for the murder of a man involved in an interracial affair two years previously but were pardoned 94 years after execution. It is thought that they were arrested and charged because they were viewed as wealthy enough to hire competent legal counsel and get an acquittal.[20]

Chipita Rodriguez was hanged in San Patricio County, Texas in 1863 for murdering a horse trader, and 122 years later, the Texas Legislature passed a resolution exonerating her.

Wrongful execution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The link also has names from other countries.

Yeah, so Mr. "I love the Constitution" isn't so keen on the "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" part.

You only love the part of the constitution that says you can have a gun.

Its a trade off to get rid of the death penalty, which I don't want to get rid of. AND the death penalty is just fine in the constitution.

If it takes an amendment to get what I want so be it, unlike your fascist chickenshit self, I know how the process works.

Actually, we'll confiscate guns AND end the death penalty in this country without having to change anything, and we will be better off for it.

What do you want to do with him?

Locking him up for the rest of his life in prison where he will be the lowest of the low is fine with me.

The problem with the death penalty is that there are no backsies.

If you execute the wrong guy, you can't undo what you did.

If you imprison the wrong guy, at least you can release him and compensate him for his time.

In Illinois, we released more people from Death Row because other people did the crimes than we actually managed to execute. One guy was convicted twice of the same crime, even though prosecutors knew another guy confessed to the murder.

No wrong guy here.... he confessed
Let me refresh your memory:
According to the confession of Juan Carlos Chavez, Chavez blocked Ryce's path with his pickup truck and forced him at gunpoint into the truck. Chavez took Ryce to his trailer where he raped him. About four hours later, when he heard a helicopter hovering above, Ryce ran to the door and tried to open it only to be shot in the back by Chavez, who held the child until he took his last breath. Then, Chavez decapitated him, and also dismembered him as well. The child's decapitated and dismembered body was found three months later near Chavez's trailer.

Still want to save the life of this piece of shit?

Not the point I was trying to make.

People falsely confess to things they didn't do all the time.

Yeah, so Mr. "I love the Constitution" isn't so keen on the "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" part.

You only love the part of the constitution that says you can have a gun.

Its a trade off to get rid of the death penalty, which I don't want to get rid of. AND the death penalty is just fine in the constitution.

If it takes an amendment to get what I want so be it, unlike your fascist chickenshit self, I know how the process works.

Actually, we'll confiscate guns AND end the death penalty in this country without having to change anything, and we will be better off for it.

Yeah, sure we will. When that happens, as it sadly will one terrible day, it is the natural life cycle of governments after all, then the streets will run with blood and simple minded idiots like you will be herded together with all of the other "undesirables and marched off to the Gulag, and all the while your tiny little brain will be going "what happened?"

People falsely confess to things they didn't do all the time.

^ :eusa_liar:

No, JoeBitch. They don't.

Oh it happens. But --

"all the time?" :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Some pantload SAID it; and you, being a gullible dope, accepted it as true.

No proof required. Oh. And then you REPEAT it.

You big dope.

Forum List

Back