A Well-Deserved Death

Please elucidate. Please name one person executed in the past 50 years who was later shown to have been innocent of the crime for which he was convicted.

Factually innocent.

I will not hold my breath waiting for your list. There is nobody on it.

Family of Man Executed in Texas Seeks Posthumous Pardon | Death Penalty Information Center

The family of Cameron Todd Willingham announced they will petition the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles to grant him a posthumous pardon based on new evidence that has emerged since his execution in 2004. Willingham was sentenced to death for the murder of his three children in a housefire in 1991.
At his trial, investigators testified that Willingham had intentionally set the fire, but later developments in the science of fire investigation have led experts to believe the fire was accidental.

A Texas forensic science commission investigation into Willingham's case was shut down in 2011 by Attorney General Greg Abbott, who said commissioners were acting outside their jurisdiction.

#####

Good luck trying to get the state to admit it execution-homicided an innocent person.

I support the death penalty. I think the crimes that earn it should be expanded to include all unjustified slayings regardless of circumstance. The victim's still dead accident or not. Not forfeiting your existence to balance the scales isn't justice.

Was a thing recently about someone on death row escaping. I'm thus also for streamlining the process. One automatic appeal, but if confirmed guilty you're executed that day. No more of this years and years on death row.

Streamline??mmmmmmmmm so what about the innocent ones we have let off death row,just a price to pay?

Capital punishment has no place in a civilized society

They didn't get executed did they? What's the problem?

Killing the person off still doesn't cure the sickness or prevent it from becoming deadly in other people. We never cured leprosy by killing these people off.

Satan Worship Confirmed In Clear Lake Murder Of 15 Year-Old | News 92 FM | Official Site for Houston News, Traffic, Weather, Breaking News

Here is a disturbing case out of Houston, where both of the young men are under 18 and not eligible for the death penalty. I would suggest revoking citizenship, and having them work for life in place of sweatshop laborers so other children and women can be saved from illegal trafficking, rape torture and killing in the genocidal and cult violence along the border. Perhaps the Catholic church can be petitioned to set up prisons for their convicted priests to serve restitution for life, supervising teams of laborers working for restitution. Since the Catholic church believes in restitution and is against the death penalty. in this case in Houston, these men aren't eligible anyway, so why not set up an alternative.

Don't rape and kill little kids in Florida.

The boy's father, 70-year-old Don Ryce, witnessed the execution along with his son Ted, 37. They told reporters outside the prison that the execution closes a long, painful chapter and hopefully sends a powerful message to other would-be child abductors.

"Don't kill the child. Because if you do, people will not forget, they will not forgive. We will hunt you down and we will put you to death," Ryce said.

Fla. Man Executed in Boy's Rape, Murder - ABC News

He should never have been killed by the state at all.
All it was was more killing.
Unfortunately the boy is not coming back to life, and was never going to.

Turning the rapist/killer into a corpse in Florida's chamber of death is a disgrace to the civilised world.
I disagree. This execution provides some closure for the boy's family members. I know that it does not bring the boy back, but it does help ease the pain somewhat.

With respect to the boy's family members...they should be finding closure in a life sentence no parole ...and not in chambers of death that terrorise other families.
Well, the justice system is not meant to cater to the well being of the convicted killer, but instead should accommodate the victim's family members, which it did in Florida.

I support the death penalty. I think the crimes that earn it should be expanded to include all unjustified slayings regardless of circumstance. The victim's still dead accident or not. Not forfeiting your existence to balance the scales isn't justice.

Was a thing recently about someone on death row escaping. I'm thus also for streamlining the process. One automatic appeal, but if confirmed guilty you're executed that day. No more of this years and years on death row.

Streamline??mmmmmmmmm so what about the innocent ones we have let off death row,just a price to pay?

Capital punishment has no place in a civilized society

They didn't get executed did they? What's the problem?

Obtuse purposefully? The problem is we HAVE killed innocents

I disagree. This execution provides some closure for the boy's family members. I know that it does not bring the boy back, but it does help ease the pain somewhat.

With respect to the boy's family members...they should be finding closure in a life sentence no parole ...and not in chambers of death that terrorise other families.

Well, the justice system is not meant to cater to the well being of the convicted killer, but instead should accommodate the victim's family members, which it did in Florida.

The UN Declaration of Human rights decrees that the well being of even convicted killers must be accommodated.

Lindy Chamberlain was a convicted baby killer.
Luckily the noose had been abolished sometime before that...and human rights even back then were king.

Just because someone is a convicted killer, doesn't mean they're guilty.
Human rights must be king, and all convicteds kept alive.

It's not about convicted killers [or convicted drug traffickers etc]...it's about the moral character/civility of the state.

I'm proud of the fact that's state will execute worthless pieces of trash like this guy. Don't like it? Don't come down here.

Time all tourists boycotted Florida....and all other death chamber states...sending a message that what those states are doing is not acceptable.
Maybe then things might change.

Death Penalty for Offenses Other Than Murder | Death Penalty Information Center

Other State Statutes allowing the death penalty for non-murder crimes

. Drug trafficking (Fl., Missouri)

Last edited:
Executing the wrong person is tragic. At the same time though not executing the right person is just as tragic. Plus I gotta say, if you're picked up on suspicion of murder I imagine you're not exactly a saint. If still a criminal, or have a criminal record and you're executed that's not like busting in on a PTA meeting and hauling a complete innocent off or anything.

No, executing the WRONG person is a crime, and should be treated as such. I am only in favor of the death penalty in very specific cases. One of those proviso's is there can be not the slightest doubt about the perp. Not the slightest. If there is a .01 percent chance that the accused is possibly innocent than the death penalty should never even have a chance to be considered.

Actually Scalia argued conversely:

Scalia says there's nothing unconstitutional about executing the innocent. | ThinkProgress

This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is “actually” innocent. Quite to the contrary, we have repeatedly left that question unresolved, while expressing considerable doubt that any claim based on alleged “actual innocence” is constitutionally cognizable.

I don't care what Scalia says about that. He is clearly ethically wrong. From a judicial standpoint he may be correct, which is why what we have is a "LEGAL SYSTEM" and not a "JUSTICE SYSTEM".

I would love the opportunity to debate the ethical standards he is abandoning by his statement.

He should never have been killed by the state at all.
All it was was more killing.
Unfortunately the boy is not coming back to life, and was never going to.

Turning the rapist/killer into a corpse in Florida's chamber of death is a disgrace to the civilised world.

This statement makes no sense.

The UN Declaration of Human rights decrees that the well being of even convicted killers must be accommodated.

Luckily the noose had been abolished sometime before that...and human rights even back then were king.

It's not about convicted killers [or convicted drug traffickers etc]...it's about the moral character/civility of the state.

I don't really care what the UN has to say to be honest. It is a corrupt organization that is populated by over 100 tin pot dictators who think they can tell me what to do. Screw them.

And no. A predator such as the one we are speaking of will continue to murder, even in prison. It is best that they are removed from this Earth. They are certainly humanoid, but they are not human, thus IMO "human rights" don't apply to them.

Screw the UN! Those bozos routinely cast a blind eye to the most horrendous of killers. They have zero credibility or moral authority.

Forum List

Back