A Well-Deserved Death

He should never have been killed by the state at all.
All it was was more killing.
Unfortunately the boy is not coming back to life, and was never going to.

Turning the rapist/killer into a corpse in Florida's chamber of death is a disgrace to the civilised world.
I find it hard to fathom a civilized world where justice is disgraceful.

I have no pity for rapists and murderers of children.

Nor do I.

I support the death penalty. I think the crimes that earn it should be expanded to include all unjustified slayings regardless of circumstance. The victim's still dead accident or not. Not forfeiting your existence to balance the scales isn't justice.

Was a thing recently about someone on death row escaping. I'm thus also for streamlining the process. One automatic appeal, but if confirmed guilty you're executed that day. No more of this years and years on death row.

Streamline??mmmmmmmmm so what about the innocent ones we have let off death row,just a price to pay?

Capital punishment has no place in a civilized society

I support the death penalty. I think the crimes that earn it should be expanded to include all unjustified slayings regardless of circumstance. The victim's still dead accident or not. Not forfeiting your existence to balance the scales isn't justice.

Was a thing recently about someone on death row escaping. I'm thus also for streamlining the process. One automatic appeal, but if confirmed guilty you're executed that day. No more of this years and years on death row.

You should really be sitting down with Ray Krone...he'll explain to you all about the death penalty, death row, death chambers, bloody-minded prosecutors etc.

Ray Krone...dubbed a "monster", "The Snaggletooth Killer".

From Death Row to Freedom: An Evening with Ray Krone | Arkansas Newswire | University of Arkansas

]From Death Row to Freedom: An Evening with Ray Krone
Friday, September 28, 2012

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Ray Krone was sentenced to death for murder and spent more than 10 years in prison.
In 2002 he became the 100th person exonerated from death row in the United States since 1973 after DNA evidence helped clear his name. Krone will share his story at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 2, in Giffels Auditorium of Old Main.

In 1992, circumstantial evidence and a purported expert witness led to his conviction for the murder of Kim Ancona. He was sentenced to death in Arizona but continued proclaiming his innocence and fighting for his freedom.

In 1994, he was granted a retrial and was convicted again using the same evidence used in the first trial, but the judge reduced his sentence. Krone continued appealing his case until 2002, when DNA evidence pointed toward a new suspect. Krone was released, and all charges were dropped.

Krone now serves as the director of membership and training for Witness to Innocence. He travels the world speaking to students and legislators and advocating for improvements to the criminal justice system.

“I would not trust the state to execute a person for committing a crime against another person,” said Krone. “I know how the system works. I know what prison is like, I know what the judges are like, and I know what the prosecutors are like. It’s not about justice or fairness or equality.
It’s absolutely wrong. Any chance I can, whether I start with one or two people or a whole auditorium filled with people, I’ll tell them what happened to me. Because if it happened to me, it can happen to anyone.”

#####

Neither would I, Ray.

Wouldn't trust the state with my lunch money, let alone my life.

Last edited:
Executing the wrong person is tragic. At the same time though not executing the right person is just as tragic. Plus I gotta say, if you're picked up on suspicion of murder I imagine you're not exactly a saint. If still a criminal, or have a criminal record and you're executed that's not like busting in on a PTA meeting and hauling a complete innocent off or anything.

Wow. Just as tragic not to execute a murderer as it is to execute an innocent?

If you are picked up on suspicion of murder, it must mean you are a criminal?

It's not so bad to kill someone who is innocent of a crime if they may have committed another crime at some time?

I doubt there are very many 'complete innocents' that are adults in this country. Most of us have likely broken at least some sort of law in our lives. So, is it not so bad if any of us is wrongly executed? Have you ever broken the law? If so, do you feel it would be just a necessary evil if you were to be wrongly executed?

Our justice system is visibly flawed enough that I don't trust it to execute people.

Don't rape and kill little kids in Florida.

The boy's father, 70-year-old Don Ryce, witnessed the execution along with his son Ted, 37. They told reporters outside the prison that the execution closes a long, painful chapter and hopefully sends a powerful message to other would-be child abductors.

"Don't kill the child. Because if you do, people will not forget, they will not forgive. We will hunt you down and we will put you to death," Ryce said.

Fla. Man Executed in Boy's Rape, Murder - ABC News

So, it's OK to rape the child. Just don't kill the child. And people wonder where these perverts come from!

Executing the wrong person is tragic. At the same time though not executing the right person is just as tragic. Plus I gotta say, if you're picked up on suspicion of murder I imagine you're not exactly a saint. If still a criminal, or have a criminal record and you're executed that's not like busting in on a PTA meeting and hauling a complete innocent off or anything.

Say what!!!?? So if guilty of another crime,its still ok to get executed??

Thats way screwed up

What do you want to do with him?

Locking him up for the rest of his life in prison where he will be the lowest of the low is fine with me.

The problem with the death penalty is that there are no backsies.

If you execute the wrong guy, you can't undo what you did.

If you imprison the wrong guy, at least you can release him and compensate him for his time.

In Illinois, we released more people from Death Row because other people did the crimes than we actually managed to execute. One guy was convicted twice of the same crime, even though prosecutors knew another guy confessed to the murder.

No wrong guy here.... he confessed
Let me refresh your memory:
According to the confession of Juan Carlos Chavez, Chavez blocked Ryce's path with his pickup truck and forced him at gunpoint into the truck. Chavez took Ryce to his trailer where he raped him. About four hours later, when he heard a helicopter hovering above, Ryce ran to the door and tried to open it only to be shot in the back by Chavez, who held the child until he took his last breath. Then, Chavez decapitated him, and also dismembered him as well. The child's decapitated and dismembered body was found three months later near Chavez's trailer.

Still want to save the life of this piece of shit?

What do you want to do with him?

Locking him up for the rest of his life in prison where he will be the lowest of the low is fine with me.

The problem with the death penalty is that there are no backsies.

If you execute the wrong guy, you can't undo what you did.

If you imprison the wrong guy, at least you can release him and compensate him for his time.

In Illinois, we released more people from Death Row because other people did the crimes than we actually managed to execute. One guy was convicted twice of the same crime, even though prosecutors knew another guy confessed to the murder.

No wrong guy here.... he confessed
Let me refresh your memory:
According to the confession of Juan Carlos Chavez, Chavez blocked Ryce's path with his pickup truck and forced him at gunpoint into the truck. Chavez took Ryce to his trailer where he raped him. About four hours later, when he heard a helicopter hovering above, Ryce ran to the door and tried to open it only to be shot in the back by Chavez, who held the child until he took his last breath. Then, Chavez decapitated him, and also dismembered him as well. The child's decapitated and dismembered body was found three months later near Chavez's trailer.

Still want to save the life of this piece of shit?

Big rocks into little rocks,for the rest of his life.I think the French had the right idea,devils island,drop em off with some pumpkin seeds and fish line.

No, executing the WRONG person is a crime, and should be treated as such. I am only in favor of the death penalty in very specific cases. One of those proviso's is there can be not the slightest doubt about the perp. Not the slightest. If there is a .01 percent chance that the accused is possibly innocent than the death penalty should never even have a chance to be considered.

I have always felt it better to let a 1000 guilty go then convict 1 innocent.

Death is an easy way out for this guy,people that do bad things to kids never do well in prison,snuggling up to bubba for the next 30 years

No, executing the WRONG person is a crime, and should be treated as such. I am only in favor of the death penalty in very specific cases. One of those proviso's is there can be not the slightest doubt about the perp. Not the slightest. If there is a .01 percent chance that the accused is possibly innocent than the death penalty should never even have a chance to be considered.

Actually Scalia argued conversely:

Scalia says there's nothing unconstitutional about executing the innocent. | ThinkProgress

This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is “actually” innocent. Quite to the contrary, we have repeatedly left that question unresolved, while expressing considerable doubt that any claim based on alleged “actual innocence” is constitutionally cognizable.

Thank you for that marvelous insight. The scumbag's death was far too humane.

Turning the rapist/killer into a corpse in Florida's chamber of death is a disgrace to the civilised world.
I disagree. This execution provides some closure for the boy's family members. I know that it does not bring the boy back, but it does help ease the pain somewhat.

With respect to the boy's family members...they should be finding closure in a life sentence no parole ...and not in chambers of death that terrorise other families.

Please elucidate. Please name one person executed in the past 50 years who was later shown to have been innocent of the crime for which he was convicted.

Factually innocent.

I will not hold my breath waiting for your list. There is nobody on it.

Wow. Just as tragic not to execute a murderer as it is to execute an innocent?

Yep, that's the thinking of many many people.
It's why the death penalty/death chambers still exist.

It won't be until the People wake up that it could be innocent them on death row awaiting their day in the chamber of death, that things will change and abolition win the day.

Not every homosexual is a child rapist/child killer.
Most are not.
Thank you for that marvelous insight. The scumbag's death was far too humane.

Did you not hear the family numbskull? It provided closure for them. That disgusting piece of human trash owes them that.

Please elucidate. Please name one person executed in the past 50 years who was later shown to have been innocent of the crime for which he was convicted.

Factually innocent.

I will not hold my breath waiting for your list. There is nobody on it.

Are you saying no one in the last 50 years could have possibly been wrongfully executed?

I don't know what you will consider valid evidence, but here's some :

Wrongful Executions | List of Innocent Executed Prisoners

Top 10 Posthumous Pardons

Obviously most of these may not be irrefutable, but there are some pretty compelling cases in there within the last 50 years.

Forum List

Back