"A wrecking ball is being taken to the media with devastating consequences."

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
It’s almost impossible to list off all the news organizations that are hurting, closing or firing people right now, (the New York Times did a recent sampling), but suffice it to say that pain is being felt in every outlet, except for a select few

News media took a wrecking ball to itself decades ago. It needs to be cleared and replenished with actual journalists and a large dose of honesty. And cut out the commentary. No one gives a rat's ass about your opinions.

Here's why you should care coronavirus is obliterating the media

It’s almost impossible to list off all the news organizations that are hurting, closing or firing people right now, (the New York Times did a recent sampling), but suffice it to say that pain is being felt in every outlet, except for a select few

News media took a wrecking ball to itself decades ago. It needs to be cleared and replenished with actual journalists and a large dose of honesty. And cut out the commentary. No one gives a rat's ass about your opinions.

Ted Turner did it when he all but created a 24/7 news cycle that has to have something to talk about all day, most of the night, 7 days a week.

The internet and people cutting the cable have hurt print and televised media. They've certainly hurt themselves though. I remember as a kid I delivered 2 papers on three routes. In that same area today there may not even be paper delivery at all.

The internet has changed everything and people tune out media most of the time and use forums, social media etc to understand the true experience of citizens direct from the horses mouth not via the lens of a big money outfit.

Ted Turner did it when he all but created a 24/7 news cycle that has to have something to talk about all day, most of the night, 7 days a week.
That's a good point, but I recall the original content of CNN was real world news and very informative. When they were taken over by Left wing Liberals, CNN and 95% of the Media went straight down the tubes. And IMO it was this Left bias that actually created Fox News. How can you have America without looking at both sides of every issue?

The biggest problem that most news agencies have was they did not follow in the footsteps of their predecessors. They decided that IR was better to color the news with their take or understanding of it. They failed to understand that people would form their own opinions.

The biggest problem that most news agencies have was they did not follow in the footsteps of their predecessors. They decided that IR was better to color the news with their take or understanding of it. They failed to understand that people would form their own opinions.

That's the thing with Democrats. They don't believe people are capable of forming their own opinions.

That's the thing with Democrats. They don't believe people are capable of forming their own opinions.
I have taken to calling the crazy left the cult of dementia. Considering who they are running and how they try to defend him. Think it fits better. Besides don't you have to have dementia to actually believe Biden is a viable candidate?

I've learned to coexist with Trump LARGELY because the media needed a boot in the ass.. And as the Troll in Chief -- he's the man for that job... Didya see the latest meltdown when Trump played ANOTHER 40 second compilation of the media telling people in February that "the Corona virus was a nothing burger"??

They're gonna have to call ServePro to decontaminate the exploded head material from the WH Briefing room....

That's a good point, but I recall the original content of CNN was real world news and very informative. When they were taken over by Left wing Liberals, CNN and 95% of the Media went straight down the tubes. And IMO it was this Left bias that actually created Fox News. How can you have America without looking at both sides of every issue?
You can't. Ted may have still been married to to Hanoi Jane (yes I still hold a grudge) at the time. Not surprising. You are correct that the left bias was made a FOX right wing propaganda network inevitable. I grew up with seeing a half hour Huntley Brinkley and reading the local Sun Democrat along with news magazines that my parents subscribe to. Now 24/7 bullshit from both sides.

Well look at the people who were PURGED from CNN since then... Lou (immigration sucks) Dobbs, and that sometime libertarian Tucker Carlson and a BUNCH of others that were CNN STAPLES in the 80s and 90s...

Joseph DelPorto taught me to seek balance in every report I wrote.

Joe Postar taught me to slant every report to further the agenda.

Then I gave up on writing news for a living.

The internet and people cutting the cable have hurt print and televised media. They've certainly hurt themselves though. I remember as a kid I delivered 2 papers on three routes. In that same area today there may not even be paper delivery at all.

The internet has changed everything and people tune out media most of the time and use forums, social media etc to understand the true experience of citizens direct from the horses mouth not via the lens of a big money outfit.
Yep my first job at 12 years old was delivering newspapers riding around on my banana bike. Printed newspapers are fading to the dustbin of history and the fact that they print mostly crap is accelerating their demise.

The coronavirus is not doing anything, those filthy scum are doing it to themselves.

Yup, but they are blaming the virus for their failures. The local leftist newspaper here in Reno shut down, probably permanently, they blamed lack of advertising, but they didn't even make it through the first week of the shutdown.

I've learned to coexist with Trump LARGELY because the media needed a boot in the ass.. And as the Troll in Chief -- he's the man for that job... Didya see the latest meltdown when Trump played ANOTHER 40 second compilation of the media telling people in February that "the Corona virus was a nothing burger"??

They're gonna have to call ServePro to decontaminate the exploded head material from the WH Briefing room....

Empty heads contain material? Who knew?

Forum List

Back