Aaron Rodgers has gone nuts

They won't.
1. All you have is Rodgers word that theres an agreement. Which is dubious at best

2. If the agreement exists if Rodgers passes off the organization enough they will. I imagine he’s close to that at this point.

1. All you have is Rodgers word that theres an agreement. Which is dubious at best

2. If the agreement exists if Rodgers passes off the organization enough they will. I imagine he’s close to that at this point.
Rodgers and the Packers GM have a good working relationship and respect each other. My guess is that Rodgers will stay in Green Bay.

Rodgers and the Packers GM have a good working relationship and respect each other. My guess is that Rodgers will stay in Green Bay.

Everyone has a "good working relationship" with their boss right up until they dont. The Packers are in the same boat they were in when they drafted Rodgers and Farve was still there. They have to make a choice, either Rodgers or Love. Love is entering the last year of his rookie deal. If they dont get him on the field he's going to leave either for playing time or more money than the Packers can afford to pay him with Rodgers on the roster. GB should have moved on from Rodgers after his last MVP season. They will get considerably less for him this year than that year and they arent giving Love much time to develop before they will have to decide to either pay him or let him go to UFA.

Everyone has a "good working relationship" with their boss right up until they dont. The Packers are in the same boat they were in when they drafted Rodgers and Farve was still there. They have to make a choice, either Rodgers or Love. Love is entering the last year of his rookie deal. If they dont get him on the field he's going to leave either for playing time or more money than the Packers can afford to pay him with Rodgers on the roster. GB should have moved on from Rodgers after his last MVP season. They will get considerably less for him this year than that year and they arent giving Love much time to develop before they will have to decide to either pay him or let him go to UFA.
The Packers can activate the option clause to keep Love. My guess is that Rodgers plays one more year for the Packers.

With 4 Top Tier QBs in the Draft it’s almost assured that Raiders will get one at pick 7

The Packers can activate the option clause to keep Love. My guess is that Rodgers plays one more year for the Packers.
They can do that but it’s one more year you’re wasting on a rookie QB contract. Without finding out if that QB is worth keeping. And you end up with nothing for Rodgers. I would be very surprised if Rodgers plays for GB next year for any reason besides GB being unable to find someone willing to give them something decent in trade or unwilling to take on his contract.

They can do that but it’s one more year you’re wasting on a rookie QB contract. Without finding out if that QB is worth keeping. And you end up with nothing for Rodgers. I would be very surprised if Rodgers plays for GB next year for any reason besides GB being unable to find someone willing to give them something decent in trade or unwilling to take on his contract.
His big contract is the problem unless they can restructure it.

Carr had the top 5 QB cap hit , he had run his course with the team
Now all they need is another QB and a defense that can stop the opponents. Good luck with that plan. I doubt they'd want to acquire Rodgers and his huge contract.

Now all they need is another QB and a defense that can stop the opponents. Good luck with that plan. I doubt they'd want to acquire Rodgers and his huge contract.
Ditto , Draft a QB at # 7 and get a Veteran CB and good T/ G and a few LBs

They are going to have a very unhappy #1 WR if they are drafting a new QB this year.
If they keep the best RB in the League and get a couple of top Tier #3 Wideouts their # 1 Receiver will be a happy well paid and well fed camper

If they keep the best RB in the League and get a couple of top Tier #3 Wideouts their # 1 Receiver will be a happy well paid and well fed camper
There are no Patrick Mahomes in this draft. Regardless of how many targets there are on the field rookie QBs typically struggle for find them

There are no Patrick Mahomes in this draft. Regardless of how many targets there are on the field rookie QBs typically struggle for find them
Tell that to all the Rookies who were top 5 in passing in the League in last 20 years ( with a few top 3 )

Forum List

Back