About the Man in charge

GoDemocratic

Apr 25, 2017
Just about everybody has a boss. Even if you are self-employed then I will be talking about you because you are the man in charge. It's been my experience during my working life that bosses' demeanor can range in 2 extremes. The first is the people manager. This boss thinks that getting the job done depends on the person doing it and nothing else. So he tries to hire those he thinks have the right get-it-done personality. The second type of boss is the one who says, it doesn't matter who does it, it's the process that counts. Fix the process and anyone can get it done. I call them Process managers. A people manager will be at your desk waiting for you at 8 am and look at his watch if you are 5 minutes late. A process manager doesn't even care if you come in or not as long as work is being done. Most bosses you will work for are some mix of those 2 things. Personnel departments love the people manager type when it's time to promote somebody. People managers are also extremely sloppy in the way they do things. They usually drive the overhead costs far above what they really should be if he doesn't give some thought to the process. Problem: most people managers don't understand the process. So, a 100% Process manager is equally as bad. This guy would buy all the latest captial equipment and make the most modern process for this.

The best example of a people manager is Donald Trump. He seems to revel in the thought that he is a strong decision maker where others would fail. He is a get-things-done man. He can accuse anybody of anything to put them off balance. So, he decides to fire the FBI director and he is man enough to take the heat for it. Then the various White House spokesmen begin telling us why he fired the man. Each of them has a different story. Now, if Mr. Trump had just a little process manager in him, he would have realized what was going to happen and he would have given everybody the same story ahead of time; even if it's not true as long as it can't be fact-checked, we're good. He is about to crash and burn and I would hope the Personnel departments of the world might take note of this and hire managers who know, at least something, about the process.

Just about everybody has a boss. Even if you are self-employed then I will be talking about you because you are the man in charge. It's been my experience during my working life that bosses' demeanor can range in 2 extremes. The first is the people manager. This boss thinks that getting the job done depends on the person doing it and nothing else. So he tries to hire those he thinks have the right get-it-done personality. The second type of boss is the one who says, it doesn't matter who does it, it's the process that counts. Fix the process and anyone can get it done. I call them Process managers. A people manager will be at your desk waiting for you at 8 am and look at his watch if you are 5 minutes late. A process manager doesn't even care if you come in or not as long as work is being done. Most bosses you will work for are some mix of those 2 things. Personnel departments love the people manager type when it's time to promote somebody. People managers are also extremely sloppy in the way they do things. They usually drive the overhead costs far above what they really should be if he doesn't give some thought to the process. Problem: most people managers don't understand the process. So, a 100% Process manager is equally as bad. This guy would buy all the latest captial equipment and make the most modern process for this.

The best example of a people manager is Donald Trump. He seems to revel in the thought that he is a strong decision maker where others would fail. He is a get-things-done man. He can accuse anybody of anything to put them off balance. So, he decides to fire the FBI director and he is man enough to take the heat for it. Then the various White House spokesmen begin telling us why he fired the man. Each of them has a different story. Now, if Mr. Trump had just a little process manager in him, he would have realized what was going to happen and he would have given everybody the same story ahead of time; even if it's not true as long as it can't be fact-checked, we're good. He is about to crash and burn and I would hope the Personnel departments of the world might take note of this and hire managers who know, at least something, about the process.
Well, at least this is an original version of butt hurt. I'll give you that.

Well, at least this is an original version of butt hurt. I'll give you that.
They can't keep it up for the next 7+ years...they'll lose what little is left of their minds, but it's sure gonna be fun watching them completely fall apart.

Trummmpppp!

william-shatner-wrath-of-khan.png

Written by someone who was unable to be a boss in either camp.

Forum List

Back