Absolute proof Obama is wrong.

Use the drones. I have no problem with drones used in CONUS against militia mutts or gangs in the cities if they won't give up or such, and then hole up so that it will take many causalities to take them out.

Last edited:
IMO Obama is right about the Drones, But he and almost every liberal on this board, and in this country are a bunch of FUCKING raging hypocrites for not treating him exactly like they did Bush when he dared suggest the same thing Obama is.

+10,000 Nailed it, give that man a prize!

But they already gave him the NP, then Obama killed mroe people than Bush and started more wars than Bush...

IMO Obama is right about the Drones, But he and almost every liberal on this board, and in this country are a bunch of FUCKING raging hypocrites for not treating him exactly like they did Bush when he dared suggest the same thing Obama is.

+10,000 Nailed it, give that man a prize!

But they already gave him the NP, then Obama killed mroe people than Bush and started more wars than Bush...

False. Why do you lie?

It's pretty funny watching all of the old clips of the Democrats screaming bloody murder over waterboarding. But killing the same people without a trial is AOK. You can't make this stuff up!

Yep. It's hilarious.

Torture is un-American, killing senior terrorists is red blooded patriot, ya brainwashed functional morons.

So let's just kill captive terrorists....without extracting information that leads to people like OBL...what a brilliant idea!

Yep. It's hilarious.

Torture is un-American, killing senior terrorists is red blooded patriot, ya brainwashed functional morons.

So let's just kill captive terrorists....without extracting information that leads to people like OBL...what a brilliant idea!

According to the Democrats they can be killed but no enhanced interrogation, why that's un-American. Yeah, this country is truly that fecked up. ~shrug~

IF you want to live in a coutry that supposedly values the rule of law, you can't have a President with his own personal "kill list".

Have we really become so scared of a bunch of rag head living in hut in the desert and mountains, that we have to throw the COTUS in the trash, just so we can feel good about killing someone that hates us. Are we that chickenshit now?

And you know what. If a US citizen goes astray and wants to be a terrorist, if his plots and plans are so potentially devastating to the US, then send in a SEAL team, snatch his ass and put him on trial.

What we are doing now is killing for convenience sake. Get a little bit of intelligence that someone may be in a certain place, fly a drone till you find them, then kill them.

That is killing for the sake of convenience. NO troops in danger, no danger to the country, no real proof of attacking our country.

Our government, killing people because it is convenient, should scare all of us.

Am I the only one on here that bitched about torture and drones under Bush? Now I am having to bitch about Obama. Might as well start torturing again. What fuking difference does it make?

It's all in the name of making us "safe". Yea, how come I don't feel any safer knowing my government could decide to kill me for whatever charge they want to level at me?

I've always thought drone attacks and killing the enemy on the battlefield are the best options in this war on terror.

There does have to be rules about how this is used. Very stringent rules. However, if someone is actively working with others to kill Americans and damage our interests, and is hiding in a place that does not honor a warrant for arrest, or where we have no method of getting him out without losing people of our own, then we should take him out whatever way we can. And drones are a very good tool for that.

What if Timothy McViegh had found refuge among a people that would not give him up, and let him continue to work toward killing more Americans? Would you have say, "Do nothing to him because he is an American Citizen"?

People who actively plot terrorist attacks against the US need to know that there is no place in the world where they are safe. That death can rain down on their heads any time, any place.

Any American against using drones to kill senior Alqaeda is the hypocrite. Lindsay has his moments. See Schumer/Graham Immigration Bill, before he was forced to stop by the 90% hypocrites in the GOP.

Why do you say that?

Yeah...that's bullshit.

When Obama (first) ran for the Presidency, and SAID his agenda would include using drones (along the Afghanistan/Pakistan border), Republicans went NUTZ!!!!!

Lil' Dumbya did no-such-thing.

As a matter-o'-fact, the closest Lil' Dumbya ever was, to that (same) border, was when he had the opportunity to get bin Laden....and, chickened-OUT!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtPBTybQ9k]The Hunt For Bin Laden - YouTube[/ame]​

There does have to be rules about how this is used. Very stringent rules. However, if someone is actively working with others to kill Americans and damage our interests, and is hiding in a place that does not honor a warrant for arrest, or where we have no method of getting him out without losing people of our own, then we should take him out whatever way we can. And drones are a very good tool for that.

What if Timothy McViegh had found refuge among a people that would not give him up, and let him continue to work toward killing more Americans? Would you have say, "Do nothing to him because he is an American Citizen"?

People who actively plot terrorist attacks against the US need to know that there is no place in the world where they are safe. That death can rain down on their heads any time, any place.

You know what? If the Congress wants to take up this issue and pass legislation for drone killing, and the decision can be challanged in the Supreme Court, and this is what we as a country decide to do, well that is the way our country is supposed to work.

But to let any President have this kind of power on his own is crazy. IMO.

And how is it that our country has become so fragile that the mere threat against us requires that we throw out the rule of law just to be able to kill someone?

And if this President exploded the use of killing drone attacks, with no repurcusions, what will the next President decide? And the one after that? Till it is only a matter of time when drone strikes are used in the country to kill people that never saw the inside of a court room? Just because someone in government decided they were "terrorists".

ANd it is so great eh, that we in the USA can terrorize people in Pakistan for instance. Can you imagine, maybe you are a woman with kids and with a husband who does something for a terrorist organization. And you know death from above is stalking you and your family. And you have never done anything to the USA. But you fear for your life and the lives of your kids every day from a drone attack.

Is this what we have become. A bigger terrorist organization using our form of terror on someone else? That'll win the hearts and minds of some people.

exactly....and do you think the lawyers/legal team that reviewed the constitutional strictures and gave Obama their advice will be dragged thru the mud like Alberto Gonzales and John Yoo?

Nope...move along nothing to see here. :eusa_whistle:

Drones should be able to be used in very limited circumstances, with the least possibility of civilian casualties, and in a situation where sending in our military would result in many more deaths. It isn't always possible to arrest these people but if they are planning a major terrorist attack or are a member of a group that is or does, then a drone is acceptable. I believe the program should have Congressional oversight, be explained to the international community, and every effort should be made to minimize civilian casualties, but yes drone strikes are a weapon of war we should be able to use to defend ourselves.

Can we just pour water on them and get them to talk please? That is so much more humane then Hellfire missiles reducing them to their base chemical compounds.

I don't mind killing the enemy on the battle field or even in their tents with the drones.

I do mind the attitude that the President can determine that a man or woman can be killed, especially a U.S. Citizen, on his own and issue secret "Kill on sight" orders without any kind of review.

Now it's not even limited to the President. It sounds like Biden and any member of the Cabinet can do it.

The Commander in Chief has the right to delegate authority.

:lol:….wow, when did your tool box on the war on terrorism find that wrench?

so delegating authority so as to approve a wiretap for a phone conversation between a foreign national suspected of terrorism and a citizen here ...? Meanwhile that wiretap will get reviewed eventually , revoked if it has to be and at the end, his right may have been violated BUT he aint dead.

BUT the 500 lb. J-Dam that wipes some guy out? Hes gone, no second thoughts for him and his rights….

You are a classic, prime example of a blithering, slobbering hypocrite. I bet you don’t even realize how shallow and dishonest that statement was, do you?

You and Sallow are both New Yorkers? You guys need to get a room , invite a few others, I’ll give you a list but it should be obvious, they’re the ones that think Bush had an “imperial” presidency and now keep their mouths shut or like you, slip time to time……:rolleyes:

Lindsey Graham is defending him.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) will offer a resolution next week commending President Barack Obama’s use of drones and the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki.
“Every member of Congress needs to get on board,” Graham said. “It’s not fair to the president to let him, leave him out there alone quite frankly. He’s getting hit from libertarians and the left.
“I think the middle of America understands why you would want a drone program to go after a person like Anwar al-Awlaki,” Graham added.
The newest discussions about drones and al-Awlaki comes after the White House sent a memo to members of Congress explaining the reasoning behind their killing of an American citizen who was working for Al Qaeda.
Graham defends Obama on drones - POLITICO.com

you people are STILL party before country Windbag? :eusa_eh:

I just used a Republican agreeing with a Democrat to argue a Democrat is wrong, which party am I putting ahead of anything?

Forum List

Back