Absolute proof Obama is wrong.

Killing Al Qaeda with drones is nothing more than a hi-tech version of what our troops did, for instance, on Pacific Islands in WWII,

going cave to cave, place to place, killing the Japanese defenders a few at time, wherever we found them.

Use the drones. I have no problem with drones used in CONUS against militia mutts or gangs in the cities if they won't give up or such, and then hole up so that it will take many causalities to take them out.

I agree. You hear about the drone overfly at the Inauguration? Obama asked for the overfly to send a msg. to those dopey militias

x4aTXkq.png

Last edited:
Killing Al Qaeda with drones is nothing more than a hi-tech version of what our troops did, for instance, on Pacific Islands in WWII,

going cave to cave, place to place, killing the Japanese defenders a few at time, wherever we found them.

I am pretty sure that you would be screaming about US troops killing children, even by accident.

I am pretty sure that you would be screaming about US troops killing children, even by accident.

In your world we couldn't have defended ourselves against the Japanese.

I don't mind killing the enemy on the battle field or even in their tents with the drones.

I do mind the attitude that the President can determine that a man or woman can be killed, especially a U.S. Citizen, on his own and issue secret "Kill on sight" orders without any kind of review.

Now it's not even limited to the President. It sounds like Biden and any member of the Cabinet can do it.

The Commander in Chief has the right to delegate authority.

When Obama does that it absolves him from being blamed if things go wrong.

Lindsey Graham is defending him.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) will offer a resolution next week commending President Barack Obama’s use of drones and the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki.
“Every member of Congress needs to get on board,” Graham said. “It’s not fair to the president to let him, leave him out there alone quite frankly. He’s getting hit from libertarians and the left.
“I think the middle of America understands why you would want a drone program to go after a person like Anwar al-Awlaki,” Graham added.
The newest discussions about drones and al-Awlaki comes after the White House sent a memo to members of Congress explaining the reasoning behind their killing of an American citizen who was working for Al Qaeda.

Graham defends Obama on drones - POLITICO.com
Why do you hate America and love terrorists?

I learned it from the Democrats who condemned George Bush for overthrowing that great left wing hero, Saddam Hussein.

Use the drones. I have no problem with drones used in CONUS against militia mutts or gangs in the cities if they won't give up or such, and then hole up so that it will take many causalities to take them out.

Why not fire a couple of Hellfire missiles at the next bunch of aliens caught jumping the border fence. There might be an al queda terrorists in the group, and if their isn't, nevermind.

I've always thought drone attacks and killing the enemy on the battlefield are the best options in this war on terror.

So have I, but when they are used in Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan the battlefield lines get a a little confused.

There does have to be rules about how this is used. Very stringent rules. However, if someone is actively working with others to kill Americans and damage our interests, and is hiding in a place that does not honor a warrant for arrest, or where we have no method of getting him out without losing people of our own, then we should take him out whatever way we can. And drones are a very good tool for that.

What if Timothy McViegh had found refuge among a people that would not give him up, and let him continue to work toward killing more Americans? Would you have say, "Do nothing to him because he is an American Citizen"?

People who actively plot terrorist attacks against the US need to know that there is no place in the world where they are safe. That death can rain down on their heads any time, any place.

Does that include lower Manhattan and downtown Topeka, Kansas?

In my world Japan would never have attacked us.

Why not fire a couple of Hellfire missiles at the next bunch of aliens caught jumping the border fence. There might be an al queda terrorists in the group, and if their isn't, nevermind.

You really don't get it at all.

There does have to be rules about how this is used. Very stringent rules. However, if someone is actively working with others to kill Americans and damage our interests, and is hiding in a place that does not honor a warrant for arrest, or where we have no method of getting him out without losing people of our own, then we should take him out whatever way we can. And drones are a very good tool for that.

What if Timothy McViegh had found refuge among a people that would not give him up, and let him continue to work toward killing more Americans? Would you have say, "Do nothing to him because he is an American Citizen"?

People who actively plot terrorist attacks against the US need to know that there is no place in the world where they are safe. That death can rain down on their heads any time, any place.

Non sequitur.

Yet you oppress others here at home? You would have been big into colonialism and imperialism during those times as well.

You confusing me with your image in the mirror again Jake? Haven't we talked about his before?

I have never supported the government, despite you constantly confusing me for a statist.

Yet you oppress others here at home? You would have been big into colonialism and imperialism during those times as well.

You confusing me with your image in the mirror again Jake? Haven't we talked about his before?

I have never supported the government, despite you constantly confusing me for a statist.

You are a right wing statist, yes, merely a reactionary, no type of real conservative or libertarian at all.

Non sequitur.

Allow me to 'splain to you what I was referring too:

Now, does "no place in the world" include downtown LA and San Antonio, Tx?

That is a question, not a non sequitur.

What a relief to know that no terrorists ever cross the border illegally. Do I have your personal guarantee that that never happens?

What a relief to know that no terrorists ever cross the border illegally. Do I have your personal guarantee that that never happens?

Too Tall, apparently your brain power does not equate with your height. What a silly question.

Forum List

Back