Abuse of power is a problem in our country. When are the police going to be scrutinized?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Missouri police reportedly beat 80yo hearing-impaired veteran RT USA

Many of you defend the police to the bitter end. But the bottom line is individuals don't lose their rights the moment law enforcement shows up. That happens ONLY after you are convicted of a crime & sent to prison.

The story above happened just a few miles from where i live & was a hot topic for some time here. I never shared it here cause i just didn't think it was relevant to national politics. But now, after so many high profile cases i thought i should share it. Especially considering there seems to be a mantra that police only hassle blacks.

With the advent of social media & cameras in every pocket, what was once swept under the rug by authorities now goes viral in just a few days.

I think local & national politicians should realize that MANY of these altercations are a result of the police being forced to enforce their laws & regulations. Much of the "feel good" legislation, be it local or national, can result in an infringement on someones personal liberties.
Example: remember when conservatives asked if store owners would be arrested for selling big gulps in NY?

Some of these laws are just asinine & need to stop.

At the same time being involved with the police doesn't automatically give them the authority to be dicks or ignore your rights.

/blogpost

DELETED VIDEO

WTF is the deal with this video that starts playing itself? I just searched all my tabs to find out where this was coming from.

Mojo2 This thing needs to go. It's poisoning the whole thread.

Last edited:
Missouri police reportedly beat 80yo hearing-impaired veteran RT USA

Many of you defend the police to the bitter end. But the bottom line is individuals don't lose their rights the moment law enforcement shows up. That happens ONLY after you are convicted of a crime & sent to prison.

The story above happened just a few miles from where i live & was a hot topic for some time here. I never shared it here cause i just didn't think it was relevant to national politics. But now, after so many high profile cases i thought i should share it. Especially considering there seems to be a mantra that police only hassle blacks.

With the advent of social media & cameras in every pocket, what was once swept under the rug by authorities now goes viral in just a few days.

I think local & national politicians should realize that MANY of these altercations are a result of the police being forced to enforce their laws & regulations. Much of the "feel good" legislation, be it local or national, can result in an infringement on someones personal liberties.
Example: remember when conservatives asked if store owners would be arrested for selling big gulps in NY?

Some of these laws are just asinine & need to stop.

At the same time being involved with the police doesn't automatically give them the authority to be dicks or ignore your rights.

/blogpost

See also this thread. What we have in this case is two conflicting narratives but no evidence. The one from Denver's got video.

Last edited:
At any rate as long as people like Al Sharpton are in the forefront of this debate any meetings of the minds will be fruitless.

There are racist cops to be sure but the problem doesn't stem from them. The issue is much more complex than the ambulance chasser is willing to admit.

Get rid of cops entirely, arm everyone. Problem solved.

Clanton/O.K. Corral/Tombstone .. No Wyatt Earp

problem not solved

Actually it was solved. The guys with the badges won and the troublemakers never bothered anyone again.

Get rid of cops entirely, arm everyone. Problem solved

you take badges out of the scenario ... try again

Pssst....hey buddy, come here I wanna let you in on a secret.......

......it was a joke moron.

problem not solved

Actually it was solved. The guys with the badges won and the troublemakers never bothered anyone again.

Get rid of cops entirely, arm everyone. Problem solved

you take badges out of the scenario ... try again

Pssst....hey buddy, come here I wanna let you in on a secret.......

......it was a joke moron.

moron joke ... got it.

problem not solved

Do you know that Wyatt Earp was a criminal before putting on the badge?

Jesus H Christ, it was a joke people! Are you kidding me? Get rid of all cops, arm everyone? Hello McFly?

problem not solved

Do you know that Wyatt Earp was a criminal before putting on the badge?

Jesus H Christ, it was a joke people! Are you kidding me? Get rid of all cops, arm everyone? Hello McFly?
I created a serious thread. Guess i shouldn't have expected the same for responses.

Forum List

Back