ACLU: Meijer Pharmicists Will No Longer Put Religious Beliefs Over Patient Care

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Michiganders no longer need to be concerned that a Meijer pharmacist will choose their religious beliefs over a customer’s need for certain medications. That’s the word from the ACLU of Michigan and Meijer customer Rachel Peterson, who on March 28 announced that Meijer has voluntarily beefed up its internal policies to ensure that all customers will be served equally.

ACLU: Meijer pharmacists will no longer put religious beliefs over patient care

Michiganders no longer need to be concerned that a Meijer pharmacist will choose their religious beliefs over a customer’s need for certain medications. That’s the word from the ACLU of Michigan and Meijer customer Rachel Peterson, who on March 28 announced that Meijer has voluntarily beefed up its internal policies to ensure that all customers will be served equally.

/----/ Will they force their Muslim employees to eat pork sandwiches?

Is eating pork sandwiches part of the job?
/----/ It was a rhetorical question, however, I worked for a company that ordered in food for a sales meeting and everyone got a pulled pork sandwich including the Jewish guy. Perhaps a better question would be if they would force Muslim pharmacists to fill an abortion Rx.

/----/ It was a rhetorical question, however, I worked for a company that ordered in food for a sales meeting and everyone got a pulled pork sandwich including the Jewish guy. Perhaps a better question would be if they would force Muslim pharmacists to fill an abortion Rx.

Muslim pharmacists fill abortion prescriptions all the time

Meijer nor the ACLU is forcing a pharmacist to fill the prescription.

What a stupid thread....but it's the Daily Kook

"Voluntarily" is good. Beats the shit out of the government getting involved.

/——/ Oh yeah? UK Pharmacy Applauded for Upholding Muslim Pharmacist’s Right to Refuse Early Abortion Drug

Yup, with 30 pounds of TNT.

If Meijer is a non-Christian outfit and wants to voluntarily fill abortion scripts, that's their own affair.

However, forcing a Christian corporation to do it would be wrong. We have a first amendment in this country which guarantees freedom of religion.

/——/ Oh yeah? UK Pharmacy Applauded for Upholding Muslim Pharmacist’s Right to Refuse Early Abortion Drug

I thought we were talking about Michigan and the United States

Forum List

Back