Active Duty Troops to March on White House

for example, here is AFPD 51-9, which follows DOD directive 1344.10...

http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/shared/media/epubs/AFI51-902.pdf

4.1. Members who engage in any of the prohibited activities listed in this paragraph and subparagraphs are subject to prosecution under Article 92, UCMJ, in addition to any other applicable provision of the UCMJ or Federal law. Members shall not:
4.1.1. Participate in partisan political fundraising activities (except as permitted in paragraph 3.7), rallies, conventions (including making speeches in the course thereof), management of campaigns, or debates, either on one’s own behalf or on that of another. This prohibition applies whether the individual is in uniform or not, and regardless of whether an inference or appearance of official sponsorship, approval, or endorsement may be drawn. Participation includes more than mere attendance as a spectator. (See also paragraphs 4.1.9 and 4.1.16.)

Please read section 3.4 of that directive.

3. Permitted Activities. Members may:
3.1. Register to vote, vote, and express a personal opinion on political candidates and issues, but not as a representative of the Air Force or DoD.
3.2. Promote and encourage others to exercise their voting franchise, if such promotion does not constitute use of their official authority or influence to interfere with the outcome of any election.
AFI51-902 12 NOVEMBER 2010 3
3.3. Join a partisan or nonpartisan political club and attend its meetings when not in uniform, but not in any official capacity nor listed as a sponsor (see restrictions in paragraph 4). The restriction on wearing the uniform to meetings also applies to retired and Reserve Component members.
3.4. Attend partisan and nonpartisan political fundraising activities, meetings, rallies, debates, conventions, or activities as a spectator when not in uniform and when no inference or appearance of official sponsorship, approval, or endorsement can reasonably be drawn.

1000? That's it? I wouldn't have guessed the troops supported Paul so poorly.

Active duty means a lot are doing their duties, overseas....

But by support of their pockets They pick Ron Paul

Yes but as the article you provided stated: "One thousand veterans and active duty troops".

Last time I checked, Veterans aren't overseas, at least not in combat.

as discussed in post #9, active duty troops cannot march in a political parade.

end thread.

Do you hate the troops supporting Ron Paul? Do you like war and death? Our troops don't seem to like being fodder for the AAE.

Do you hate the troops so much that you want those who support your candidate to get arrested and/or disciplined for marching on Washington?

4.1. Members who engage in any of the prohibited activities listed in this paragraph and subparagraphs are subject to prosecution under Article 92, UCMJ, in addition to any other applicable provision of the UCMJ or Federal law. Members shall not:
4.1.1. Participate in partisan political fundraising activities (except as permitted in paragraph 3.7), rallies, conventions (including making speeches in the course thereof), management of campaigns, or debates, either on one’s own behalf or on that of another. This prohibition applies whether the individual is in uniform or not, and regardless of whether an inference or appearance of official sponsorship, approval, or endorsement may be drawn. Participation includes more than mere attendance as a spectator. (See also paragraphs 4.1.9 and 4.1.16.)

3.1. Register to vote, vote, and express a personal opinion on political candidates and issues, but not as a representative of the Air Force or DoD.
3.2. Promote and encourage others to exercise their voting franchise, if such promotion does not constitute use of their official authority or influence to interfere with the outcome of any election.
3.3. Join a partisan or nonpartisan political club and attend its meetings when not in uniform, but not in any official capacity nor listed as a sponsor (see restrictions in paragraph 4). The restriction on wearing the uniform to meetings also applies to retired and Reserve Component members.
3.4. Attend partisan and nonpartisan political fundraising activities, meetings, rallies, debates, conventions, or activities as a spectator when not in uniform and when no inference or appearance of official sponsorship, approval, or endorsement can reasonably be drawn.

explain how marching in the rally mentioned in the OP is being a spectator.

explain how marching in the rally mentioned in the OP is being a spectator.

So walking down the street watching is NOT spectating? I realize I'm splitting hairs here, but like I asked previously, are MP's going to corral everybody checking DOD status?

Last edited:
So all those thousands of troops are against up being in Afganistan and around the world playing worldcop and nationbuilding?

I thought they were all volunteers?

Active Duty Troops to March on White House

One thousand veterans and active duty troops will shatter the corporate media hoax that insists members of the American military do not support Ron Paul due to his opposition to the unconstitutional forever war agenda of the establishment.

Despite this myth, the New York Times was obliged to admit reality last December, even if the admission wasn’t featured on the front page of the newspaper but instead posted on a remote area of its website.

“Representative Ron Paul, the congressman who favors the most minimalist American combat role of any major presidential candidate and who said all of the above quotes, has more financial support from active duty members of the service than any other politician,” Timothy Egan wrote.

“As of the last reporting date, at the end of September, Paul leads all candidates by far in donations from service members. This trend has been in place since 2008, when Paul ran for president with a similar stance: calling nonsense at hawk squawk from both parties.”

The troops also and not surprisingly support Paul over Obama, who said he would end the wars and bring the troops home and instead expanded the unjustified, illegal and unconstitutional wars started by his predecessor.

The pie chart below shows the break down of support. Continued

Comment: Good for them :clap2: , but the MSM will probably ignore the event. Doesn't serve the bankers system of control

What do you expect from a military that consists, in a great part, of people who joined mostly to get college tuition instead of mainly to serve their country?
It stands to reason that they would not want somebody to actually send them into combat. Like duh.

the OP is bullshit, as they poster knows. Regulations (posted in this thread) prohibit active duty military from this activity, whether or not they are in uniform.

Period. End thread.

Last edited:

If they participate in the march they are not spectators they are in fact participants.

What do you expect from a military that consists, in a great part, of people who joined mostly to get college tuition instead of mainly to serve their country?
It stands to reason that they would not want somebody to actually send them into combat. Like duh.

One question for you... How do the illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan "serve their(our) country"?

Take your time, I'll wait...

Nobody has answered my question... Are the MP's going to round up a couple thousand people in civvies to check their ID's?

One question for you... How do the illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan "serve their(our) country"?

regardless of how you personally view any particular war... if someone joins the military, they are serving their country.

Last edited:

regardless of how you personally view any particular war... if someone joins the military, they are serving their country.

I usually agree with you, Conservative, but your answer doesn't address my question. How do those two wars serve our country? In other words, why the fuck are we over there? I think THAT is the question our brave military people want answered...

I usually agree with you, Conservative, but your answer doesn't address my question. How do those two wars serve our country? In other words, why the fuck are we over there? I think THAT is the question our brave military people want answered...

I wasn't saying the wars serve our country. I was saying the soldiers we asked to fight those wars, served our country.

Forum List

Back