Actor Alec Baldwin Being Sued

So, you are saying there is a significant difference between a live round and a dummy and that difference can be identified by checking the chamber before firing. If that was the case then Baldwin would be guilty and I agree.
The differences between blanks, dummy and live rounds are easily identifiable if you check. In this case the man firing the gun did not check as was his responsibility.

The armored didn’t fire the gun.

Who was the safety officer? Who was the one to ensure live rounds were not coming led with blank rounds? Who prepped the gun for the scene? Whoever that is could also be facing future criminal charges.

That still doesn’t relieve the shooter from responsibility. Ultimately Baldwin is the responsible person.
I also read that that gun was used to fire live rounds at a target during filming breaks and that they found many live rounds on set.

I also read that that gun was used to fire live rounds at a target during filming breaks and that they found many live rounds on set.
It’s never acceptable to commingle live and blank rounds. Just about every rule pertaining to the safe handling of a firearm was ignored on this movie set.

I believe there should be criminal charges in this incident.

If there are criminal charges eventually filed, I don’t see how Baldwin isn’t one of those charged. He fired the gun and he was the producer who is the HMFIC.

I think you're right that he didn't intend to kill anyone.
But the question of him being set up by somebody purposely loading the gun is still a valid question.

It's a worthwhile discussion if the politics can be set aside for a while.
It can't. Baldwin is a jerkoff.

Of course he intentionally pulled the trigger. It’s not like he had a seizure and couldn’t control his body. I don’t believe he had the intent of shooting the woman.
you missed the point.

he wasn't supposed to at the time from what I understand.

I think you're right that he didn't intend to kill anyone.
But the question of him being set up by somebody purposely loading the gun is still a valid question.

It's a worthwhile discussion if the politics can be set aside for a while.
One can hope it was just human error such as carelessness. Who is culpable only God knows. I think Mr. Baldwin blames himself and would give anything to take the events of that horrible day back.

It depends on if the live round looked like a harmless round. I saw a comparison somewhere that showed live rounds and 'dummy' rounds side by side and hey looked very similar. If the rounds look the same or very similar, then, IMO, Baldwin would not be at fault because he is not a firearm expert and even if he personally checked the firearm he might not be able to identify the live round. IF there is a significant difference, then, IMO, Baldwin bears some responsibility. BTW I don't care much for Baldwin.
They need to really be investigating as to whether the round was put in their intentionally, otherwise to set Baldwin up or to have chaos on the movie scene for disgruntled reasons or even if it was in hopes to kill someone on that day. No stones should be left unturned.

5v7chw.jpg

If I mark this comment as funny, am I going straight to Hell for it?
I suppose that depends on your definition of "hell," is, doesn't it?

:dunno:

We all make our own beds, by our thoughts and actions, as we can see by the thoughts and actions, which has created the path that Alec was on. . . .

a-man-is-but-the-product-of-his-thoughts-what-he-thinks-he-b-mahatma-gandhi.jpg

I suppose that depends on your definition of "hell," is, doesn't it?

:dunno:

We all make our own beds, by our thoughts and actions, as we can see by the thoughts and actions, which has created the path that Alec was on. . . .

a-man-is-but-the-product-of-his-thoughts-what-he-thinks-he-b-mahatma-gandhi.jpg

I'll take that as a no then. ;)

I'm still not completely a hundred percent sure what to think about this story, as I think he should have known better to check the gun before firing it, but I still don't think that he meant to hurt anybody,.. let alone kill them.

I read mosst of this.. what i don't get is: Why was he aiming in the direction of those people anyway? They were not actors..

I'm still not completely a hundred percent sure what to think about this story, as I think he should have known better to check the gun before firing it, but I still don't think that he meant to hurt anybody,.. let alone kill them.

America is the compensation capital of the world, they sue people for farting and breathing in the wrong direction.

I read mosst of this.. what i don't get is: Why was he aiming in the direction of those people anyway? They were not actors..

If this were anyone else, they would have been arrested immediately for criminal negligence, involuntary manslaughter, and reckless endangerment.

Not only didn't Baldwin verify the weapon was safe, but he aimed and fired it directly at other people when there was entirely no need at all to even do that.

If this were anyone else, they would have been arrested immediately for criminal negligence, involuntary manslaughter, and reckless endangerment.

Not only didn't Baldwin verify the weapon was safe, but he aimed and fired it directly at other people when there was entirely no need at all to even do that.
I have always thought he had mental issues but as you say... bc of who he is.. it's not mental illness.. it's eccentricity..

a poor person is quickly labled with "mental.."

all persons are NOT created equal... except to God.. but no one seems to care what He thinks anymore...

Forum List

Back