Adam Lanza's Attack Took Less Than 5 Minutes

Hmmm....how to prove a negative....I wonder....
Let's start with the first one.
Did Clinton's Assault weapons ban stop any mass shootings?

Yes.
It prevented that massacre of 47 nuns and a paperboy in Baltimore.

Did it stop these?
Edgewater Technology Office
Xerox Office Building
Wedgwood Baptist Church
Columbine High School
Thurston High School
Westside Middle School
Connecticut State Lottery Headquarters
Caltrans Maintenance Yard
Fairchild Air Force Base

Let's start with the first one.
Did Clinton's Assault weapons ban stop any mass shootings?

Yes.

Did it stop these?
Xerox Office Building
Wedgwood Baptist Church
Columbine High School
Thurston High School
Westside Middle School
Fairchild Air Force Base

No, but I've sat down and done a quick count-up and I've come up with easily 63 massacres that were prevented by Clinton's ban.
If I had the time I'm sure I could come up with heaps more.

Investigators: Adam Lanza surrounded by weapons at home; attack took less than 5 minutes

Adam Lanza left a home stuffed with weaponry and carried out the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in a 154-bullet barrage that took less than five minutes, investigators said Thursday in the first detailed account of his surroundings and troubled state of mind.

Authorities also recovered a certificate in Lanza’s name from the National Rifle Association, seven of his journals, drawings that he made and books from the house, including books on living with mental illness.

At the school, Lanza fired the 154 rounds from a Bushmaster .223-model rifle and the final bullet from a Glock 10mm handgun to take his own life, said Stephen Sedensky, the chief prosecutor investigating the shooting. Police recovered 10 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster that Lanza took to the school. Three of the magazines had a full 30 rounds still in them.

Among school shootings in the United States, the death toll from Newtown is second only to the 32 people killed at Virginia Tech in 2007.

Do any of you gun supporters see anything upsetting about this??? People like this Adam Lanza have to be stopped.

Investigators: Adam Lanza surrounded by weapons at home; attack took less than 5 minutes - Open Channel

yeah it's called execution for them and allow people the weapons to defend themselves.

408143_361799250596959_662894169_n.jpg

It depends on so many factors such as;
  • Their size - will they fit in the hands easily?
    Their weight - can they be easily swung at an offender?
    Are they fixed permanently to a wall or can they be easily detached?
    Are the edges sharp enough to be used as a cutting weapon or are they more suited to be used as a club?
    Is there another sign next to them warning against using these signs as a weapon?
    Were the signs mounted legally or are they in a sign-free zone?
There are far too many variables and not enough information supplied to make a determination.

Are the edges sharp enough to be used as a cutting weapon or are they more suited to be used as a club?
    Is there another sign next to them warning against using these signs as a weapon?
There are far too many variables and not enough information supplied to make a determination.

It's the right one...because people dont want to be shot back at. Just admit it and move on...it's not that hard.

It's the right one...because people dont want to be shot back at. Just admit it and move on...it's not that hard.

Oooooohhh...haha...now I see the point!
Silly me.
Woosh, it went straight over my head...don't I feel silly!!!

Just one thought though...if you're saying that the left one will never prevent a tragedy, and the right one will always prevent a tragedy, what's the explanation for shootings that happen in areas that aren't gun-free.
Could it be that there aren't enough signs up?

Yes.

Did it stop these?
Xerox Office Building
Wedgwood Baptist Church
Columbine High School
Thurston High School
Westside Middle School
Fairchild Air Force Base

No, but I've sat down and done a quick count-up and I've come up with easily 63 massacres that were prevented by Clinton's ban.
What 63 massacre? You can say it stops a BILLION BUT THAT MEANS NOTHING UNLESS YOU GOT A LINKIE POO.

Did it stop these?
Xerox Office Building
Wedgwood Baptist Church
Columbine High School
Thurston High School
Westside Middle School
Fairchild Air Force Base

What 63 massacre? You can say it stops a BILLION BUT THAT MEANS NOTHING UNLESS YOU GOT A LINKIE POO.

Wow you kicked his ass good. You gave examples of things his gun band didnt stop, yet he says there are ones it did? Wow this guy cant argue....another libtard moron.

Did it stop these?
Xerox Office Building
Wedgwood Baptist Church
Columbine High School
Thurston High School
Westside Middle School
Fairchild Air Force Base

EXACTLY!!!!
Now you're getting it.

Wow you kicked his ass good. You gave examples of things his gun band didnt stop, yet he says there are ones it did? Wow this guy cant argue....another libtard moron.

You're right...he certainly showed me.
And just to rub my nose in it further he'll be able link to all the mass shootings that were prevented where assault weapons were allowed.

And just to rub my nose in it further he'll be able link to all the mass shootings that were prevented where assault weapons were allowed.

Ok multipart issue. first what is an assault weapon?
Second how does a gun free zone prevent someone from killing people?
Third how does a gun free zone allow people to fight back if someone does have a gun
Fourth how do any of these laws prevent massacres?

It's hard to show how thing didnt happen, it's like proving a negative, but he did give you a list of things that DID happen,even with that ban, so apparently it wasnt effective.

You're wanting me to produce a link for an argument that I haven't made? Really?

EXACTLY!!!!
Now you're getting it.

No I'm not getting it. No assault weapons ban stopped any mass shootings.
You would have an argument if their were no mass shooting during Clinton's assault weapons ban. But since we have a numerous mass shooting during that time you failed.

Last edited:

Third how does a gun free zone allow people to fight back if someone does have a gun

It's hard to show how thing didnt happen, it's like proving a negative, but he did give you a list of things that DID happen,even with that ban, so apparently it wasnt effective.

what is an assault weapon?
It doesn't matter how you define an assault weapon - it was bigrednec's contention that the AWB didn't work and presumably that's what failed to prevent the shootings he listed.
Were 'assault weapons' (however you define them) used in all those cases?
If not, was it because there were no 'assault weapons' available to bystanders to stop the shootings?
Were the weapons used on the banned list?
It simply doesn't matter - apparently an AWB doesn't prevent any killings.

how does a gun free zone prevent someone from killing people?
I'm not sure that's entirely the idea of a gun-free zone.
The gun lobby suggest that gun-free zones are an attempt to stop shootings but they are partly for health and safety and partly because people like it that way.
It's like the reason that kindergartens don't have sharp scissors for little kids to use - because they might hurt themselves or others.
If you feel unsafe in a gun-free area then go somewhere else - a lot of people feel exactly the opposite.
Personally I would feel less safe where people are able to freely wave firearms around.
I don't know anything about their skill with a weapon or their knowledge of safe use.

Remember that killings happen in non gun-free zones as well.

how does a gun free zone allow people to fight back if someone does have a gun
The same as they always do.
How was the Gabby Giffords shooter stopped?
How do you stop anyone with murderous intent?
How do you stop someone from driving down the footpath in a truck knocking people over?
As I said, if you are worried about a shooting happening if you're in a gun-free zone, then don't go there.

how do any of these laws prevent massacres
Nothing will stop them happening entirely.
Does that mean there should be no effort made?
Are there still deaths from drunk drivers...should the drink driving laws be repealed?

You're wanting me to produce a link for an argument that I haven't made? Really?

Oh, so now your argument is that access to firearms doesn't prevent killings?
Isn't that one of the central planks of the pro-gun lobby?
After all "the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun".

It doesn't matter how you define an assault weapon - it was bigrednec's contention that the AWB didn't work and presumably that's what failed to prevent the shootings he listed.
If not, was it because there were no 'assault weapons' available to bystanders to stop the shootings?

The gun lobby suggest that gun-free zones are an attempt to stop shootings but they are partly for health and safety and partly because people like it that way.
It's like the reason that kindergartens don't have sharp scissors for little kids to use - because they might hurt themselves or others.
If you feel unsafe in a gun-free area then go somewhere else - a lot of people feel exactly the opposite.
Personally I would feel less safe where people are able to freely wave firearms around.
I don't know anything about their skill with a weapon or their knowledge of safe use.

How do you stop someone from driving down the footpath in a truck knocking people over?
As I said, if you are worried about a shooting happening if you're in a gun-free zone, then don't go there.

Are there still deaths from drunk drivers...should the drink driving laws be repealed?
Look dude we have something you don't it's based on the foundation of God Given rights. Unlike you we stopped being subject too the crown.
Yes we have a second amendment right something we will never give up without blood shed.

Ok lets go on this

a)If you're going to ban assault weapons, it does matter how you define them

B)What is the purpose then? Noone is suggesting that kindergardeners have guns, we're talking about adults, so what does that have to do with kindergardeners and scissors?

c)People would be safer if people might have a gun, even if they dont, have you noticed all these shootings take place in gun free zones? do you know why? Since gun shows have so many guns and weapons, how come we dont see the killings of this magnitude at those places?

D)They say that's why they need these laws, that's the arguement they're giving, because if not why bring these incidents up?

E) you analogy is off a bit, if they wanted to prevent drunk driving this way, they would ban alcohol and cars or the "assault" versions of alcohol and cars. Just like laws agains drunk driving, there are laws against murder....

So the point is people will still kill others, we should execute them and allow everyone else that is responsible to be free.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back