Adam Lanza's Attack Took Less Than 5 Minutes

I haven't done any research on this but don't most mass-shooters end up dying anyway?
They must know that when they start - especially as many of them shoot themselves.
So why would they be afraid of other people with guns?

A couple of reasons, the main being they want to kill as many people as possible, easier to do that when noone is shooting back. Why do they want to kill, why does anyone want to kill? But it's almost like natural born killers nowadays with the fame and all. An the guy in CT is going to jail....great idea...now for the next 50+ years the families get to hear about it and I'm sure his legal teams will be in the news...Just kill him and get closure.

D) Do you think that things should be allowed to continue as they are without some attempt made? Do you really think that the only way to prevent mass-shootings is to make more guns more freely available? Will the argument continue to be that a shooting occurred because there weren't enough guns about?

Uh I dont knee jerk react based on a situation...you have to see the information...banning guns or clips or whatever just doesnt work....Chicago you cant buy a gun...very restrictive....pretty much a complete ban, but ask the south siders if it's working....nope...they are dying....bye the hundreds...
You're right, any laws must be carefully considered.
o

A couple of reasons, the main being they want to kill as many people as possible
Yep, and that's much easier with a weapon capable of rapid fire.

Again Americans have a right to choose you don't get the right to choose for them.

So you have no counter-argument?
That looks like a victory to me then.

I thought I explained it throughly it must be that subject mentality you have been fed all your life, that it makes it hard for you too comprehend.

Engage me in debate then finally come up with a strawman argument that I'm a foreigner telling you that you should have your guns taken off you means that you have no reply.

Thank you and good night.

I haven't done any research on this but don't most mass-shooters end up dying anyway?
They must know that when they start - especially as many of them shoot themselves.
So why would they be afraid of other people with guns?

A couple of reasons, the main being they want to kill as many people as possible, easier to do that when noone is shooting back. Why do they want to kill, why does anyone want to kill? But it's almost like natural born killers nowadays with the fame and all. An the guy in CT is going to jail....great idea...now for the next 50+ years the families get to hear about it and I'm sure his legal teams will be in the news...Just kill him and get closure.

You're right, any laws must be carefully considered.
o

A couple of reasons, the main being they want to kill as many people as possible
I just showed you a video where the weapon doesn't matter. A revolver can be shot just as fast if not faster than a semi automatic.
And a revolver doesn't have jamming issues

I just showed you a video where the weapon doesn't matter. A revolver can be shot just as fast if not faster than a semi automatic.

But not by your average bozo remember?
In fact you admitted that even you, with your undoubted skill can't match that.
Further, could he maintain that speed for thirty rounds or more?

So you have no counter-argument?
That looks like a victory to me then.

I thought I explained it throughly it must be that subject mentality you have been fed all your life, that it makes it hard for you too comprehend.

Engage me in debate then finally come up with a strawman argument that I'm a foreigner telling you that you should have your guns taken off you means that you have no reply.

Here's your problem
Is it a right to use an inappropriate weapon in an inappropriate manner in an inappropriate situation causing danger to others?
You don't get to decide what is appropriate or inappropriate you are irrelevant when it comes too that.

Here's your problem
Is it a right to use an inappropriate weapon in an inappropriate manner in an inappropriate situation causing danger to others?
You don't get to decide what is appropriate or inappropriate you are irrelevant when it comes too that.

Strawman again.
I've never tried to decide anything.

I'll sum up my opinion in a nutshell for you - everyone agrees that there are too many gun crimes and something needs to be done, it can't be that the only answer is more guns more freely available.

It all depends on the person the weapon is irrelevant
The cry right now from the anti gunners is to ban the semi automatic rifle. Could anyone maintain that speed. how many loaded revolvers can one person carry with speed loaders to match?

The cry right now from the anti gunners is to ban the semi automatic rifle. Could anyone maintain that speed. how many loaded revolvers can one person carry with speed loaders to match?

You're right to a degree.
But the problem is the ease of access to a weapon with a rapid sustained rate of fire to someone less skilled than yourself.
Take away easy access to semi-automatics and the average unskilled wannabe killer will have much less firepower.
I believe that's a large part of the discussion.

But the problem is the ease of access to a weapon with a rapid sustained rate of fire to someone less skilled than yourself.
Take away easy access to semi-automatics and the average unskilled wannabe killer will have much less firepower.

There you go wrong again. Revolvers are just as fast as semi automatics

If a person is new to firearms and they ask me what type of firearm to get I tell them to get a revolver because a semiautomatic pistol is hard to shoot for the inexperienced person.

If a person is new to firearms and they ask me what type of firearm to get I tell them to get a revolver because a semiautomatic pistol is hard to shoot for the inexperienced person.

But you aren't advising them on a gun that can fire a large number of rounds in a short space of time with minimal skills.
That's what a bad guy wants and that's what a semi-auto gives them.

But you aren't advising them on a gun that can fire a large number of rounds in a short space of time with minimal skills.

Slow down sport. Your inexperience is showing.
Your argument was

Take away easy access to semi-automatics and the average unskilled wannabe killer will have much less firepower
Semi automatics are not that simple to shoot for someone who is inexperienced with firearms.

Let's not stray from your position.

Your argument was

Take away easy access to semi-automatics and the average unskilled wannabe killer will have much less firepower
Semi automatics are not that simple to shoot for someone who is inexperienced with firearms.

Just how many years does it take to be able to fire a semi-auto?
I'm not talking about accuracy, just getting to the stage of loading the magazine, releasing the safety, pulling the trigger and spraying bullets?
Aren't the instructions on the back good enough?

Your argument was

I'm not talking about accuracy, just getting to the stage of loading the magazine, releasing the safety, pulling the trigger and spraying bullets?

pulling the trigger will not spray bullets

you have to pull the trigger for each shot

Your argument was

pulling the trigger will not spray bullets

you have to pull the trigger for each shot

yes

Your argument was

Your argument is flawed, and you're trying too move away from your point that you try to
make
How long it takes too shoot a semi automatic is irrelevant when you are unskilled want be killer. You are not going to effectively shoot a semi automatic pistol as effectively as you would with a revolver.

Your argument was

Your argument is flawed, and you're trying too move away from your point that you try to
make
How long it takes too shoot a semi automatic is irrelevant when you are unskilled want be killer. You are not going to effectively shoot a semi automatic pistol as effectively as you would with a revolver.

But that's the point, you don't have to be so effective when you have more rounds and more rapid action.
How many shots did Lanza miss with?
Could he have caused the carnage he did with a six or eight shot revolver?

make

But that's the point, you don't have to be so effective when you have more rounds and more rapid action.

Wrong again. Do you know how to clear a jammed semi automatic pistol?
Their are several reason why one would jam some are mechanical and some are because of an inexperienced shooter such as limp wristing

make

Wrong again. Do you know how to clear a jammed semi automatic pistol?
Their are several reason why one would jam some are mechanical and some are because of an inexperienced shooter such as limp wristing

So what?
Do they always jam?
Do they jam after every 200 rounds, 100, 50....?

Do you have to be an expert mechanic or driver to drive a Porsche 911 faster than a Corolla?
After all, a Porsche is a lot more temperamental to drive and maintain than a Corolla and needs an expert to get the best out of it.
But I bet that even an average or inexperienced driver can get from A to B faster in the Porsche than the Corolla.
Fair enough, sometimes the Porsche will break down but mostly it will work fine.

Forum List

Back