Admitting you're gay warrents a call from the president?

Let's see, if this washed up 34 year old basketball player more or less gay since he came out?

Jason Collins' Ex-Fiancee
I Had NO IDEA He Was Gay

Read more: Jason Collins' Ex-Fiancee -- I Had NO IDEA He Was Gay | TMZ.com
Visit the TMZ Store: TMZ T-Shirts, Tees, Mugs, Hats, Cups, Tank Tops | TMZ Store

Is he Bisexual? Is he just confused over being on the Down Low? People obviously need to know these things it is much more important then them knowing how to find a job. Even the president takes time to congratulate people in letting us know their sexual persuasion. If the POTUS thinks that admitting to sodomy is important then damn it really must be important to know..

What Jason Collins did was courageous. Coming out is a difficult thing to do, especially if you've been closeted for years as he was. Maybe it will open the way for more major sports players to come out, but that isn't the "big deal" for me. If Jason Collins coming out paves the way for some 2nd string kid playing for his Junior High team in Indiana to come out...that will be the true test.

IMO you have to give Collins some credit, and I don't think Obama calling him is somethibg to be outraged over. It's only a phone call and it is kind of a big deal.

320768_590223361002204_2037123403_n.jpg

Unfortunately, Tim Tebow is irrelevant, he isn't even playing anymore.

Stick to the dang topic.

Collins is looking to sign with a team, just like Tebow. Just saying.

What Jason Collins did was courageous. Coming out is a difficult thing to do, especially if you've been closeted for years as he was. Maybe it will open the way for more major sports players to come out, but that isn't the "big deal" for me. If Jason Collins coming out paves the way for some 2nd string kid playing for his Junior High team in Indiana to come out...that will be the true test.

I guess I just don't get it. Why does anyone need to "come out"? Why do they need to announce to the public what their sexual orientation is? Why is it anyone's business much less national news? My daughter seems perfectly well adjusted and happy and she hasn't announced to the world what her preferences are. If people want their private lives to be "private" what is the point?

The motives for all this attention he seeks are very suspect to me.

Hes a public figure either he says it or someone photos it and then he'd still be explaining. It's not complicated...

Why'd he do it? Because he wanted to
Why'd Obama call? Because he wanted to

Pretty simple but then again, you see something nefarious even behind a phone call when it comes to Obama

A nobody basketball player admits he's gay on Facebook and suddenly it's national news? And it's followed up with a call from the president?

Seriously?

We are so fucked as a nation.

He's made himself a target for Republican and right wing hate. We know how deep that runs. And he's black too? That makes him a hero.

I have yet to see one person I would call right wing express hate. Asking why this is important is not hate. Asking why the POTUS thinks it is important that this guy likes to do the bone dance with Mr. Sphincter is not hate.

The hate I do see is all coming from the liberal left, as usual. Either we accept the liberal left's way of thinking or they hate us and make up liberal story lines as they are doing in this thread, once again and forever.

Last edited:
Why not call a cancer center to declare support?
Why not support jobs?
Why not support science?

This is a stupid thing to come out for.

Obama is a stupid guy - he's going to do stupid things.

But the bottom line is that since Obama is gay, he was compelled to support a fellow gay man. Simple as that - yes, Obama really IS that shallow.

And to think telling people you are a homosexual can get you executed in Iran. And many Americans
are congratulating this NBA player for admitting he is a Sodomite. Goes to show you how American
morals have degenerated to such a backward area. And we are supposed to be the moral leader of the free world?!.

Yet liberals are attacking rg3 now for speaking out against political correctness being a tyranny. Improper thoughts for a black man

Yet liberals are attacking rg3 now for speaking out against political correctness being a tyranny. Improper thoughts for a black man

I never understood this. All the years of struggling for equal rights, and the black community imposes speech and THOUGHT restrictions on other black people. Not just this, but look what happens when a black person breaks orthodoxy and DARES to espouse a conservative view point.

When will the black community allow a black man to just be a man?

I never understood this. All the years of struggling for equal rights, and the black community imposes speech and THOUGHT restrictions on other black people. Not just this, but look what happens when a black person breaks orthodoxy and DARES to espouse a conservative view point.

When will the black community allow a black man to just be a man?

Must. Change. Subject.

Saying that this means we're fucked as a nation is totally reasonable tho

I agree it is. So many important issues to focus on and this nonsense got top billing with all the media.

You say that everytime Obama does something.

Obama eats: Theres more important issues
Obama takes a shit: Theres more important issues

Why don't you write down all the things that are MOST IMPORTANT to you, Run for Pres, then show everyone and ALL PREVIOUS PRESIDENTS how its done...Show them that Public Relations is...bad or something

The truth is that at his press conference he said he didn't know about the intimidation of the Benghazi survivors. Even though it has been in the news for weeks he couldn't bring himself to at least say that the story wasn't true, no he dodged the question. But he came back to the podium to make sure he showed his support for sexual orientation.

Saying that this means we're fucked as a nation is totally reasonable tho

I agree it is. So many important issues to focus on and this nonsense got top billing with all the media.

You say that everytime Obama does something.

Obama eats: Theres more important issues
Obama takes a shit: Theres more important issues

Why don't you write down all the things that are MOST IMPORTANT to you, Run for Pres, then show everyone and ALL PREVIOUS PRESIDENTS how its done...Show them that Public Relations is...bad or something

Reductio ad absurdum

Forum List

Back