Admitting you're gay warrents a call from the president?

What Jason Collins did was courageous. Coming out is a difficult thing to do, especially if you've been closeted for years as he was. Maybe it will open the way for more major sports players to come out, but that isn't the "big deal" for me. If Jason Collins coming out paves the way for some 2nd string kid playing for his Junior High team in Indiana to come out...that will be the true test.

I guess I just don't get it. Why does anyone need to "come out"? Why do they need to announce to the public what their sexual orientation is? Why is it anyone's business much less national news? My daughter seems perfectly well adjusted and happy and she hasn't announced to the world what her preferences are. If people want their private lives to be "private" what is the point?

The motives for all this attention he seeks are very suspect to me.

I am going to announce right now that I am coming out as a heterosexual man. Do you think I will get a phone call from the president?

What Jason Collins did was courageous. Coming out is a difficult thing to do, especially if you've been closeted for years as he was. Maybe it will open the way for more major sports players to come out, but that isn't the "big deal" for me. If Jason Collins coming out paves the way for some 2nd string kid playing for his Junior High team in Indiana to come out...that will be the true test.

I guess I just don't get it. Why does anyone need to "come out"? Why do they need to announce to the public what their sexual orientation is? Why is it anyone's business much less national news? My daughter seems perfectly well adjusted and happy and she hasn't announced to the world what her preferences are. If people want their private lives to be "private" what is the point?

I am going to announce right now that I am coming out as a heterosexual man. Do you think I will get a phone call from the president?

Only if you used to be a woman. :cool:

I wonder how many of the Boston Bombing Amputee-Survivors have received personal calls from The Won.

I wonder how many of the Boston Bombing Amputee-Survivors have received personal calls from The Won.

they will need to go out and take a few rounds from an AR 15 for that ot happen.

hey, i wonder if any terrorist victim has come out as gay yet. they could be the first for that. the first victim of a major terrorist event. yea, that should get a call

only the gay ones.

this whole thing just really stinks and shows where obama's priorities really lie.

He thinks he can implement politically correct mind control and force all of us to accept aberrant behavior as normal.

news for ya, Barry, Rosie O'Donnel and Pee Wee are not normal

As mentioned, he is a public figure.It's not the same as you or I keeping our private lives private and since when does that mean hiding who you are?

I'm not closeted. I'm "openly gay" and have been since I retired from the military. What does that mean? It means, when people ASK (and they always do), I don't evade the question anymore.

Link?

Can you say-------discrimination suit against the NBA? This guy is near the end of his playing career. This is nothing but a set up for a discrimination suit when he gets cut.

"I could still play but they cut me because I am gay"

just wait, its coming.

As mentioned, he is a public figure.It's not the same as you or I keeping our private lives private and since when does that mean hiding who you are?

I'm not closeted. I'm "openly gay" and have been since I retired from the military. What does that mean? It means, when people ASK (and they always do), I don't evade the question anymore.

YO witchey, you never answered my query from a few days ago----are you the butch or the fem? are you Frank or Frankeee?

do you wear the strap on penis or does she?

Please, no pictures. :eek:

No you won't, but I am coming out as a polyamarous swinger and I am waiting on my telephone call from Washington.

A nobody basketball player admits he's gay on Facebook and suddenly it's national news? And it's followed up with a call from the president?

Seriously?

We are so fucked as a nation.

You guys whine when he plays golf, now you whine when he makes phone calls to the queers. At least the phone calls and the golf games take him away from plotting the overthrow of the Republic like he's usually doing.

A nobody basketball player admits he's gay on Facebook and suddenly it's national news? And it's followed up with a call from the president?

Seriously?

We are so fucked as a nation.

Seeing how he is the first Pro basketball player to come out, I would say he is more courageous than some blogger like you Grampa. Attention from the President is warranted in my opinion.

Luckily the old bigots are dying off.

The only bigots in this thread are the people that think it is brave to come out in 2013.

You are aware it is 2013, aren't you?

What the hell does that mean?

In case you haven't noticed, gays are still getting bashed and gay teens are still getting bullied and killing themselves. You think the sports world is some all-inclusive gay friendly environment these days? Guess again.

Link?
Yeah why arent there links for that situation?

Yet liberals are attacking rg3 now for speaking out against political correctness being a tyranny. Improper thoughts for a black man

I never understood this. All the years of struggling for equal rights, and the black community imposes speech and THOUGHT restrictions on other black people. Not just this, but look what happens when a black person breaks orthodoxy and DARES to espouse a conservative view point.

When will the black community allow a black man to just be a man?

OMG now you're goint to be called a racist......booohooo..for actually being honest and telling the truth.....I have on this board many times......liberals have been successful with speech police, but it's not lasting like they think it is.........people question and will wake up someday.....

And to think telling people you are a homosexual can get you executed in Iran. And many Americans
are congratulating this NBA player for admitting he is a Sodomite. Goes to show you how American
morals have degenerated to such a backward area. And we are supposed to be the moral leader of the free world?!.

Iran is so much better, right?

Forum List

Back