Admitting you're gay warrents a call from the president?

I've grown tired of you...you know what comes next.

You acknowledge your intellectual inferiority by running and hiding.

Then you sit in the corner and masturbate to pictures of Obama.

Look, you're a lightweight. You lack the mental and emotional fortitude to handle yourself in an open forum; everyone here knows that.

Forgive me here. Some people actually do things that deserve notice, like cure polio, break the puzzle of DNA or land on the moon, or stand fast and plant the flag on Iwo Jima, get little or no notice. But they strived and sacrificed. I am not sure exactly what admitting being homosexual gained anyone, or why our president would want to give kudos to that person. I might be missing something here. Clue me in.

You don't want to understand, let's drop the charade.

Actually, I think I understand full well, Gays are exaggerating their worth. And they are creating an artificial social issue. They buy lawyers, to make this a civil rights issue. Money can't buy rights or social conscience. At least I used to think that.

Bullshit. It wouldn't be a social issue at all if right-wing religious fucks didn't make it one from the get-go. They have no one but themselves to blame for turning this into a social issue. Want to stop making it an issue? Do you? Then let gays get married, stop letting them get bullied in school to the point where they kill themselves and stop letting them get beat up and abused on the streets and them maybe it will stop being an issue. Sounds like you're pissy because gays have money they're willing to devote to fighting for their rights. Too damn bad.

320768_590223361002204_2037123403_n.jpg

Unfortunately, Tim Tebow is irrelevant, he isn't even playing anymore.

Stick to the dang topic.

You just have a sick definition of what a role model is. This has plenty to do with the topic, like it or not.

Last edited:
I am going to announce right now that I am coming out as a heterosexual man. Do you think I will get a phone call from the president?

No you won't, but I am coming out as a polyamarous swinger and I am waiting on my telephone call from Washington.

Maybe if you are white you could get a all from the Justice Department and then maybe not .

Hes a public figure either he says it or someone photos it and then he'd still be explaining. It's not complicated...

Why'd he do it? Because he wanted to
Why'd Obama call? Because he wanted to

Pretty simple but then again, you see something nefarious even behind a phone call when it comes to Obama

Why does CC think it is a big deal?

Because he is a small minded bigot.

What Jason Collins did was courageous. Coming out is a difficult thing to do, especially if you've been closeted for years as he was. Maybe it will open the way for more major sports players to come out, but that isn't the "big deal" for me. If Jason Collins coming out paves the way for some 2nd string kid playing for his Junior High team in Indiana to come out...that will be the true test.

I guess I just don't get it. Why does anyone need to "come out"? Why do they need to announce to the public what their sexual orientation is? Why is it anyone's business much less national news? My daughter seems perfectly well adjusted and happy and she hasn't announced to the world what her preferences are. If people want their private lives to be "private" what is the point?

The motives for all this attention he seeks are very suspect to me.

As mentioned, he is a public figure.It's not the same as you or I keeping our private lives private and since when does that mean hiding who you are?

I'm not closeted. I'm "openly gay" and have been since I retired from the military. What does that mean? It means, when people ASK (and they always do), I don't evade the question anymore.

Did you ever hear of him before this? The only thing that made him a public figure is that he came out.

Seeing how he is the first Pro basketball player to come out, I would say he is more courageous than some blogger like you Grampa. Attention from the President is warranted in my opinion.

Luckily the old bigots are dying off.

The only bigots in this thread are the people that think it is brave to come out in 2013.

You are aware it is 2013, aren't you?

What the hell does that mean?

In case you haven't noticed, gays are still getting bashed and gay teens are still getting bullied and killing themselves. You think the sports world is some all-inclusive gay friendly environment these days? Guess again.

Gays are killing themselves?

Newsflash, non gays are killing themselves also. In fact, more straight teens commit suicide than gay ones, are you worried about that, or are you a narrow minded bigot?

A nobody basketball player admits he's gay on Facebook and suddenly it's national news? And it's followed up with a call from the president?

Seriously?

We are so fucked as a nation.

No. Expressing it in a climate of bigotry and hate, constitutes a grand show of "courage", warrants a call from the President.
But this will soon become commonplace....hopefully, and equally as soon as your kind begin to "die off". Hurry.

What climate of bigotry and hate? As far as I know only one person even remotely affiliated with professional sports has said anything negative about this, and he got a lot more hate that what's his face.

No. Expressing it in a climate of bigotry and hate, constitutes a grand show of "courage", warrants a call from the President.
But this will soon become commonplace....hopefully, and equally as soon as your kind begin to "die off". Hurry.
Your lolberal fruitcakes wouldn't know courage if it walked up and punched you in the face.

Prancing out of the closet isn't courage...Running into a flaming house to save people you don't even know is.

Get the fuck over yourselves.

Awesome Reactions to Jason Collins' Coming Out (Updated) | Mother Jones

Another bigot "trounced". LOL

That actually trumps your absurd position that what's his face is coming out in a climate of bigotry and hate.

Forum List

Back