Admitting you're gay warrents a call from the president?

A nobody basketball player admits he's gay on Facebook and suddenly it's national news? And it's followed up with a call from the president?

Seriously?

We are so fucked as a nation.

Showing courage is something that should be recognized. A phone call is a small gesture that hardly shows that "we're fucked as a nation".

You know what does show that we're fucked as a nation. People who start threads about how the nation is becoming "weak & sissified" yet also start threads bashing people who actually show courage. Hypocrisy is killing this country and you just need to look at yourself as to where the problem begins.

You're a washed up felon who brags about playing his music too loud until the cops have to be called and yet you have the stones to call out people who actually show a little bit of real courage.

Amazing.

Coming out and saying your gay does take a lot of courage. I hope he is okay as he goes to the next steps and receives support and respect from his peers, coaches, media, and fans. I also hope those that want to politicize this for their own gain are minimal.

Like Obama?

The same thing happens with HIV vs other stds. If you get HIV you are some brave hero whereas if you get the clap you are a perv

A nobody basketball player admits he's gay on Facebook and suddenly it's national news? And it's followed up with a call from the president?

Seriously?

We are so fucked as a nation.

Showing courage is something that should be recognized. A phone call is a small gesture that hardly shows that "we're fucked as a nation".

You know what does show that we're fucked as a nation. People who start threads about how the nation is becoming "weak & sissified" yet also start threads bashing people who actually show courage. Hypocrisy is killing this country and you just need to look at yourself as to where the problem begins.

You're a washed up felon who brags about playing his music too loud until the cops have to be called and yet you have the stones to call out people who actually show a little bit of real courage.

Amazing.

Coming out and saying your gay does take a lot of courage. I hope he is okay as he goes to the next steps and receives support and respect from his peers, coaches, media, and fans. I also hope those that want to politicize this for their own gain are minimal.

He is doing it for his own gain, in my opinion. He is a washed up 34 year old baskeball player. I am thinking that maybe he is thinking that the notoriety will keep him on the team for a few more years even if just riding the bench. What do you think will be the outcry if he is cut this year?

Last edited:
Were you the first?

You think this is the first gay sports star? Ever hear of Billy Jean King? Did Obama give her a call?

Didn't think so.

Ooooh, good for you! You compared a womens solo sport to an all-male major American team sport. :clap2:

You've proved your case yet again! Just like the time you said that cough drops were just as lethal as guns. You're good.

Dennis Rodman? Ever hear of him? How many games did he show up to wearing a dress? Was he courageous, or just confused?

You think this is the first gay sports star? Ever hear of Billy Jean King? Did Obama give her a call?

Didn't think so.

Ooooh, good for you! You compared a womens solo sport to an all-male major American team sport. :clap2:

You've proved your case yet again! Just like the time you said that cough drops were just as lethal as guns. You're good.

Dennis Rodman? Ever hear of him? How many games did he show up to wearing a dress? Was he courageous, or just confused?

You'll have no problem then linking to his statement where he came out as being gay while still being an active player in the league.

I'll wait...

Didn't think so.

he did madonna. he was courageous as hell. or confused as hell

Didn't think so.

You're mad cause Obama didn't call Billy Jean in 1970? You're not, you're just mad for mads sake

Why would I be mad? I am mocking the people that think this is a big deal.

Like the OP you mean? Oh wait, sorry I thought for a second you were being honest. You're mad at Obama and all Obama does. The fact that you brought up a chick from the 1970's and asked, seriously, if Obama called her shows how desperate you are to make an issue out of none.

Such as? Besides calls for a date, what else?

Jason Collins went from being a nobody basketball player to all over the news and he got a call from the President, next will come the book and possibly a movie and probably numerous talk shows. This is something he would not have if he were just a straight guy.

I'd lol if he got traded now

He will get picked up by the Heat or Lakers next year, both gay friendly cities with big media markets for him.

Is Obama going to call some kid who is going to the prom with his same sex boyfriend? Prolly not.

There are so many many many problems going on in this country...yet he finds time to call this guy. :confused:

You're the first?

When will this extremely simple concept sink in for you people?

Could it be the fact that he is not the first?

Sure he is. But you already knew that. This is your grasping at straws time when you know you have nothing left. Go ahead though.

He is not, despite the media making a big deal of it. If you want to talk about firsts you should be trumpeting Ray McDonald. He didn't announce it to a national magazine, but everyone knew he was gay way back in in the 1960s, when you actually got arrested for it.

I love this so democrats think being gay is good and that comming out is the most heroric thing you can do, so when did closed and RDD come out? do we need to get you a medal?

You'll have no problem then linking to his statement where he came out as being gay while still being an active player in the league.

I'll wait...

You will have no problem showing where everyone thought he was straight.

Didn't Dennis Rodman say he was bisexual or something back in the 90s? I think he just said that to make waves but I don't believe he recieved a phone call.

You're mad cause Obama didn't call Billy Jean in 1970? You're not, you're just mad for mads sake

Why would I be mad? I am mocking the people that think this is a big deal.

Like the OP you mean? Oh wait, sorry I thought for a second you were being honest. You're mad at Obama and all Obama does. The fact that you brought up a chick from the 1970's and asked, seriously, if Obama called her shows how desperate you are to make an issue out of none.

Feel free to look up all the posts where I blame Obama for the fact that the sky is blue.

Could it be the fact that he is not the first?

Sure he is. But you already knew that. This is your grasping at straws time when you know you have nothing left. Go ahead though.

He is not, despite the media making a big deal of it. If you want to talk about firsts you should be trumpeting Ray McDonald. He didn't announce it to a national magazine, but everyone knew he was gay way back in in the 1960s, when you actually got arrested for it.

And there in lies why this is an event worth celebrating. Our country IS making progress despite the efforts of bigots that are still spread throughout the country. Obama was simply congratulating someone on doing something that does take courage. Look at all the hate he is getting in this thread alone, nevermind from teammates who have to share close quarters with him day in and day out. Again, that's the definition of courage which you'd know nothing about since you live your life as a coward.

Forum List

Back