Admitting you're gay warrents a call from the president?

The point, which most of you lefties missed, is why did a coming out statement warrant a call from the president?

Obama has yet to call the families of the 4 dead from Benghazi, or the families of those killed in Boston and Texas------yes he made statements but no personal calls.

Is coming out of the closet a national event that mandates a personal call from the POTUS?

WTF has this country become?

Hhahaah, your own "proof" was a picture from 2005. Rodman was well out of the league at that point AND this picture doesn't mean he's gay, just flamboyant.

You're wrong again on so many levels it's just embarrassing at this point.

Not nearly as wrong as you are.

LOL, there it is....the time-tested, "I know you are but what am I" response.

Go back in your hole old man, your time is over.

Can you explain why you ignored this post? Is it because it destroys your narrative?

You are the idiot that made the claim that the idiot basketball player is the first openly gay person to play professional sports, not me. I don't have to prove Rodman announced he was gay in a national magazine, I have pictures.

That's because he is the first openly gay major american athlete in major sports. You made the claim that Dennis Rodman came out as gay while he was playing, he did no such thing.

You and your bigoted views lose....AGAIN.

Quite true, if we ignore everyone who came before him, like Ray McDonald, who actually got arrested for having sex with a man in Washington DC when he was a running back with the Redskins.

Personally, I don't like ignoring facts, even if they don't fit the current political agenda.

Last edited:
He is not, despite the media making a big deal of it. If you want to talk about firsts you should be trumpeting Ray McDonald. He didn't announce it to a national magazine, but everyone knew he was gay way back in in the 1960s, when you actually got arrested for it.

And there in lies why this is an event worth celebrating. Our country IS making progress despite the efforts of bigots that are still spread throughout the country. Obama was simply congratulating someone on doing something that does take courage. Look at all the hate he is getting in this thread alone, nevermind from teammates who have to share close quarters with him day in and day out. Again, that's the definition of courage which you'd know nothing about since you live your life as a coward.

How is saying you suck cock courageous?

You act like he saved someone from a fire

Hey I think it is "courageous" for someone like Jon Buice,
Dan Leach and now supposedly this bomber suspect
to admit they are guilty of what they are accused of.

Does NOT mean I respecr or condone of what they do or did,
just that the ACT of being honest and not hiding or lying by omission takes more courage
than taking the fifth amendment.

ESPECIALLY when the actions you are being honest about are
so problematic disrespected or hated and put you at risk for the consequences.

Now Goodell is scrambling to find a gay NFL player or two.

What if Tebow was to say he was gay, would teams be lining up to sign him?

This whole thing is amazingly stupid.

Sorry I could hear you over all the bitching you were doing at the OP for making this a big deal, since that was what your beef was about. Ahh, here's the post you wrote whining about the OP making it a big deal:

I am mocking, the idiots that think it was courageous because I think we should reserve the term for things that actually are courageous.

...or only thing you consider to be courageous, because, it's all about you

I think a fireman going into a burning building is courageous. I do not think a relatively wealthy man with nothing to lose, and everything to gain, announcing he is gay is. Care to debate on that, or do you just want to troll?

The point, which most of you lefties missed, is why did a coming out statement warrant a call from the president?

Obama has yet to call the families of the 4 dead from Benghazi, or the families of those killed in Boston and Texas------yes he made statements but no personal calls.

Is coming out of the closet a national event that mandates a personal call from the POTUS?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0O7_3o3BrI]Idiocracy Mash-up - YouTube[/ame]

Not nearly as wrong as you are.

can you explain why you ignored this post? Is it because it destroys your narrative?

That's because he is the first openly gay major american athlete in major sports. You made the claim that Dennis Rodman came out as gay while he was playing, he did no such thing.

Quite true, if we ignore everyone who came before him, like Ray McDonald, who actually got arrested for having sex with a man in Washington DC when he was a running back with the Redskins.

Personally, I don't like ignoring facts, even if they don't fit the current political agenda.

Probably because I already responded to the first time you brought up Ray McDonald and you decided to ignore my response.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/291569-admitting-you-re-gay-warrents-a-call-from-the-president-6.html#post7170713

What was that you were saying about narrative being destroyed?? That must have been what happened when you ignored my post.

Keep at it though, you're only digging your hole deeper.

Why do you whine so much about the dumbest shit?

because the president sets the agenda and priorities of the govt----acknowledging a gay athlete is more important to him than protecting our ambassadors in dangerous places or trying to get control of govt spending.

The point youre missing is why is a phone call so distressing to you?

Like the OP you mean? Oh wait, sorry I thought for a second you were being honest. You're mad at Obama and all Obama does. The fact that you brought up a chick from the 1970's and asked, seriously, if Obama called her shows how desperate you are to make an issue out of none.

Feel free to look up all the posts where I blame Obama for the fact that the sky is blue.

Sorry I could hear you over all the bitching you were doing at the OP for making this a big deal, since that was what your beef was about. Ahh, here's the post you wrote whining about the OP making it a big deal:

I didn't make a big deal out of it the national media did. Hell ive only posted 2 or 3 times in this thread MY THREAD. How many posts have you made?

As to the claim of heroic nonsense the only courageous thing he did is stophiding from and being ashamed of his own lifestyle choices.

And THAT warrents presidential attention?

You guys are fucking nuts

You are the idiot that made the claim that the idiot basketball player is the first openly gay person to play professional sports, not me. I don't have to prove Rodman announced he was gay in a national magazine, I have pictures.

If your real objection is the abuse of these outings for political agenda
and not for honesty and freedom sake, I AGREE with you that would defeat the purpose.

for example, how are people treated who used to be gay or bi
but then are HONEST in coming out and saying they are now STRAIGHT.

Are THESE people who changed treated with equal respect as those
who remain oriented gay or bi, etc. for the rest of their lives?

if all these OUTINGS were treated with equal respect, yes I would have
even greater respect. until we get to that point, I understand,
people come out with the truth in increments until we build an
unconditional environment that can HANDLE the whole truth,
including the other sides of stories that are conveniently skirted or silenced yet.
we arent there yet, but I do believe we will get there, especially wiht
people being so honest about pointing out the inconsistencies for poltiical agenda.

thank you QW for doing your part, and I hope others come out with their
honest opinions also so we can all learn what it REALLY means to
accept and include all people of all diverse views EQUALLY.

Feel free to look up all the posts where I blame Obama for the fact that the sky is blue.

I didn't make a big deal out of it the national media did. Hell ive only posted 2 or 3 times in this thread MY THREAD. How many posts have you made?

As to the claim of heroic nonsense the only courageous thing he did is stophiding from and being ashamed of his own lifestyle choices.

Awwww, that's cute....he still think it's a "lifestyle choice".

So you agree its courageous. Thanks. Now whats the problem, why did the president call? Because he's the mutha-fucking POTUS, that's why.

Why do you whine so much about the dumbest shit?

because the president sets the agenda and priorities of the govt----acknowledging a gay athlete is more important to him than protecting our ambassadors in dangerous places or trying to get control of govt spending.

not that the phone call was more important
but it was easier to make

President Obama is sucking it up politically. Nixon called the men that landed on the moon. That merited attention. A guy admitting he has a sexual dysfunction, not so much.

can you explain why you ignored this post? Is it because it destroys your narrative?

Probably because I already responded to the first time you brought up Ray McDonald and you decided to ignore my response.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-a-call-from-the-president-6.html#post7170713

What was that you were saying about narrative being destroyed?? That must have been what happened when you ignored my post.

Is that supposed to be a link to something specific? Does someone need to teach you how the internet works?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-a-call-from-the-president-6.html#post7170713

Is that supposed to be a link to something specific? Does someone need to teach you how the internet works?

It's a link to my response that you conveniently ignored since it destroyed your entire narrative. Have your great-grandkids show you how to click on it.

Forum List

Back