Admitting you're gay warrents a call from the president?

Feel free to look up all the posts where I blame Obama for the fact that the sky is blue.

Sorry I could hear you over all the bitching you were doing at the OP for making this a big deal, since that was what your beef was about. Ahh, here's the post you wrote whining about the OP making it a big deal:

I didn't make a big deal out of it the national media did. Hell ive only posted 2 or 3 times in this thread MY THREAD. How many posts have you made?

As to the claim of heroic nonsense the only courageous thing he did is stophiding from and being ashamed of his own lifestyle choices.

And THAT warrents presidential attention?

You guys are fucking nuts

Calls due to personal or political attention
is not the same as presidential attention.

I agree with you it was for other reasons other
than the job of Commander in Chief and other roles unique to the Presidency.

Obama is still a human being, a social advocate for change,
and a political figure in the media. So he will still act according
to these other roles that are outside of being President.

Would it be better if he used his personal phone to make this
call and not tie it to the President calling from the White House?
Or would that send the wrong message that people can't be who they are
but have to segregate into different roles to say things and act freely?

how would you propose that Obama as a social or political advocate
for his own personal ideals participate in any media outreach as he wishes freely
so it is clearly his own activism and not abusing his office to endorse things?

I am mocking, the idiots that think it was courageous because I think we should reserve the term for things that actually are courageous.

...or only thing you consider to be courageous, because, it's all about you

I think a fireman going into a burning building is courageous. I do not think a relatively wealthy man with nothing to lose, and everything to gain, announcing he is gay is. Care to debate on that, or do you just want to troll?

You want to debate on what you think courage is compared to what I think courage is? How about no, because what YOU THINK is courageous doesn't matter. Because to come out takes balls, but for the sake of internet shit talking, you'll pretend like announcing to the world you are gay is no biggie....because you say so

The point, which most of you lefties missed, is why did a coming out statement warrant a call from the president?

Obama has yet to call the families of the 4 dead from Benghazi, or the families of those killed in Boston and Texas------yes he made statements but no personal calls.

Is coming out of the closet a national event that mandates a personal call from the POTUS?

WTF has this country become?

The point youre missing is why is a phone call so distressing to you?

Because it shows obama's misplaced priorities-----------why is that so hard for you to understand?

It's just one more awkward move by Obama which I would say is on the same order of magnitude as the time he invited a conflicted White cop and Black celebrity author to have a beer on the White House Lawn. That was an ill-conceived publicity stunt which ambitiously intended to have a positive effect on race relations from the top down but went over like a fart in church.

I am not the least bit homophobic and I am totally disinterested in football, so I really couldn't care less about this exaggeratedly sensational revelation. But I won't assume that Barack Obama's supportive patronage of a "queer" football player will have a profoundly sensitizing effect on the disposition of the average hyper-macho, football-loving man-ape toward homosexuals.

I voted for Obama, which I don't regret because the alternative was McCain. But at fifty-two months into his extremely flawed presidency I am quite fed up with his bullshit and I wish he would get real, appear on Bill Maher's show, light a joint and just tell the world what he really thinks about George W. Bush and his "base."

As far as I'm concerned, that would put him high on the list of Great American Presidents.

Last edited:
Obama also comments on local/ state issues if other liberal darling groups are involved. Notice he never commented on the killing of Daniel Adkins like he did with trayvon despite being practically the same

Obama also comments on local/ state issues if other liberal darling groups are involved. Notice he never commented on the killing of Daniel Adkins like he did with trayvon despite being practically the same

yes, buuuuut Trayvon could have been his son----------was barry fooling around with trayvon's mother------------------?

Sorry I could hear you over all the bitching you were doing at the OP for making this a big deal, since that was what your beef was about. Ahh, here's the post you wrote whining about the OP making it a big deal:

I didn't make a big deal out of it the national media did. Hell ive only posted 2 or 3 times in this thread MY THREAD. How many posts have you made?

As to the claim of heroic nonsense the only courageous thing he did is stophiding from and being ashamed of his own lifestyle choices.

And THAT warrents presidential attention?

You guys are fucking nuts

Calls due to personal or political attention
is not the same as presidential attention.

I agree with you it was for other reasons other
than the job of Commander in Chief and other roles unique to the Presidency.

Obama is still a human being, a social advocate for change,
and a political figure in the media. So he will still act according
to these other roles that are outside of being President.

Would it be better if he used his personal phone to make this
call and not tie it to the President calling from the White House?
Or would that send the wrong message that people can't be who they are
but have to segregate into different roles to say things and act freely?

how would you propose that Obama as a social or political advocate
for his own personal ideals participate in any media outreach as he wishes freely
so it is clearly his own activism and not abusing his office to endorse things?

I submit that issues of personal struggles are just that.....personal. To make a menial accomplishment of someones personal choice national news is beyond absurd. People struggle DAILY with personal decisions and only now in this climate do we elevate it to something of national importance.
Again I fall back to this issue of personal struggle is only important to each individual as they work through their own issues. We don't commend people on a national level when they do something good for others so why this man trying to use his sexual preference to further his admittedly wallowing career is thrust upon the national spotlight is wrong. He is playing this up for economical purposes and everyone is eating it up like candy.

Probably because I already responded to the first time you brought up Ray McDonald and you decided to ignore my response.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-a-call-from-the-president-6.html#post7170713

What was that you were saying about narrative being destroyed?? That must have been what happened when you ignored my post.

Keep at it though, you're only digging your hole deeper.

Is that supposed to be a link to something specific? Does someone need to teach you how the internet works?

It's a link to my response that you conveniently ignored since it destroyed your entire narrative. Have your great-grandkids show you how to click on it.

I did, it took me to the top of a page, not a post.

Tell me something, if you actually saw my post, and answered it, why are you still insisting that what's his face is the first major sports star to come out?

...or only thing you consider to be courageous, because, it's all about you

I think a fireman going into a burning building is courageous. I do not think a relatively wealthy man with nothing to lose, and everything to gain, announcing he is gay is. Care to debate on that, or do you just want to troll?

You want to debate on what you think courage is compared to what I think courage is? How about no, because what YOU THINK is courageous doesn't matter. Because to come out takes balls, but for the sake of internet shit talking, you'll pretend like announcing to the world you are gay is no biggie....because you say so

No, I want you to attempt to defend the idea that being gay takes courage so that the entire world can see how hypocritical you, as a representative of the left in modern America, are.

The point, which most of you lefties missed, is why did a coming out statement warrant a call from the president?

Obama has yet to call the families of the 4 dead from Benghazi, or the families of those killed in Boston and Texas------yes he made statements but no personal calls.

Is coming out of the closet a national event that mandates a personal call from the POTUS?

WTF has this country become?

Because it shows obama's misplaced priorities-----------why is that so hard for you to understand?

You have yet to show how this interfered with his agenda. What was pushed aside for this phone call?

Is that supposed to be a link to something specific? Does someone need to teach you how the internet works?

It's a link to my response that you conveniently ignored since it destroyed your entire narrative. Have your great-grandkids show you how to click on it.

Tell me something, if you actually saw my post, and answered it, why are you still insisting that what's his face is the first major sports star to come out?

It's definitely linked to my post. I'd explain to you what an anchor tag is, but what's the point....you know everything already.

Go see post #80 then if you want to know my response. You ignored it once, will you ignore it again?

You have yet to show how this interfered with his agenda. What was pushed aside for this phone call?

probably nothing unless he was late for his tee time. Actually the country would be better off if obama spent 100% of his time on the phone with gays and lesbians. Maybe they could elect him president of GLBT.

But seriously, making the call signified that barry thinks this announcement is a BIG deal. He already had the gay vote, so what is this really about? is he looking for a date?

yes, buuuuut Trayvon could have been his son----------was barry fooling around with trayvon's mother------------------?

jason collins test tube baby could have been obama's son

You guys are constantly telling the gop to stay out of peoples personal lives/bedroons etc...

But then you shove shit like this right up in our faces all the while demanding we swallow it without a word, otherwise we're just being nosey again.

You can't have it both ways

It's definitely linked to my post. I'd explain to you what an anchor tag is, but what's the point....you know everything already.

Go see post #80 then if you want to know my response. You ignored it once, will you ignore it again?

Post 80?

And there in lies why this is an event worth celebrating. Our country IS making progress despite the efforts of bigots that are still spread throughout the country. Obama was simply congratulating someone on doing something that does take courage. Look at all the hate he is getting in this thread alone, nevermind from teammates who have to share close quarters with him day in and day out. Again, that's the definition of courage which you'd know nothing about since you live your life as a coward.

Let me get this straight, he is not facing any danger, will not be ridiculed, and will not loose his job, yet you still want me to think of him as courageous because he is the first even though there were other people that did it first, and actually got arrested, and fired, as a result. That is as absurd as asking me to think Obama did something wonderful because he was elected president after a bunch of people voted for him.

Wait, you do expect me to believe that about Obama. I see the problem here, you think people should get credit for things they had nothing to do with.

Last edited:
You guys are constantly telling the gop to stay out of peoples personal lives/bedroons etc...

But then you shove shit like this right up in our faces all the while demanding we swallow it without a word, otherwise we're just being nosey again.

You can't have it both ways

Your homophobia is showing again, con.

A nobody basketball player admits he's gay on Facebook and suddenly it's national news? And it's followed up with a call from the president?

Seriously?

We are so fucked as a nation.

Showing courage is something that should be recognized. A phone call is a small gesture that hardly shows that "we're fucked as a nation".

You know what does show that we're fucked as a nation. People who start threads about how the nation is becoming "weak & sissified" yet also start threads bashing people who actually show courage. Hypocrisy is killing this country and you just need to look at yourself as to where the problem begins.

You're a washed up felon who brags about playing his music too loud until the cops have to be called and yet you have the stones to call out people who actually show a little bit of real courage.

Amazing.

How about calling the parents of the Americans who were killed defending the American consulate in Benghazi? Doesn't their courage deserve recognition?

Forum List

Back