Admitting you're gay warrents a call from the president?

You lefties that say this is no big deal answer this for me. If Obama is so up to date on current events and peoples personal sexual preferences then why today when he was asked about people in the cia being forbiden from testifying about Benghazi did he have no clue? The investigation has been ongoing for months now and when asked about it he had "no knowledge" of what has been in the press for days now? He knows about some obscure ball players sex life but draws a blank when asked a question about national security.....

Calls from the prez are no big deal.......are libersls saying obsma calls arent important. They must hate black presidents

Were you the first?

You think this is the first gay sports star? Ever hear of Billy Jean King? Did Obama give her a call?

Didn't think so.

Ooooh, good for you! You compared a womens solo sport to an all-male major American team sport. :clap2:

You've proved your case yet again! Just like the time you said that cough drops were just as lethal as guns. You're good.
uhm dude, more people in the world know who billie jean is than this guy. more people in the world follow tennis then the nba. billie jean was at the top of her game, this guy is a bench warmer. billie jean makes more than he does. Billie jean is still relevant, this guy was never even news. billie jean came out when it was still very frowned upon, this guy came out when the road was already paved. you are right, there is no comparison. this guy is irrelevant in the scheme of things

A nobody basketball player admits he's gay on Facebook and suddenly it's national news? And it's followed up with a call from the president?

Seriously?

We are so fucked as a nation.

Showing courage is something that should be recognized. A phone call is a small gesture that hardly shows that "we're fucked as a nation".

You know what does show that we're fucked as a nation. People who start threads about how the nation is becoming "weak & sissified" yet also start threads bashing people who actually show courage. Hypocrisy is killing this country and you just need to look at yourself as to where the problem begins.

You're a washed up felon who brags about playing his music too loud until the cops have to be called and yet you have the stones to call out people who actually show a little bit of real courage.

Amazing.

No..Actually it does not. Not from the President of the United States.
This phone call from Obama is beneath the status of the Office.

Showing courage is something that should be recognized. A phone call is a small gesture that hardly shows that "we're fucked as a nation".

You know what does show that we're fucked as a nation. People who start threads about how the nation is becoming "weak & sissified" yet also start threads bashing people who actually show courage. Hypocrisy is killing this country and you just need to look at yourself as to where the problem begins.

You're a washed up felon who brags about playing his music too loud until the cops have to be called and yet you have the stones to call out people who actually show a little bit of real courage.

Amazing.

What says we're fucked as a Nation is the fact that the POTUS wastes any time at all meddling in such affairs. There are so many far more important issues he should be dealing with.

Today I learned that a 'phone call = meddling in affairs'.

Correct..It is...This is not the business of the People. And the President is charged with the duty of doing the business of the People. Not sticking his nose into the private affairs of ordinary citizens.

Amazing.

Unless you think every gay person in the world who does not announce their sexual preference in a national magazine is a coward I do not see how you can claim this guy is courageous. Do you expect him to face prison, serious bodily injury, or death because he announced he is gay? What the fuck makes what he did any more courageous than walking across the street?

You've never faced adversity in your life so I wouldn't expect you to understand. But being the first person to announce you're gay in a world that is extremely masculine and it being unclear how you will be treated and ultimately affect your livelihood is courageous.

But you're a hack whose life revolves around complaining on the internet, so you wouldn't be expected to grasp something like that.
You know nothing of the OP.
How dare you assume.
If Obama were GOP you'd be having a fucking shit fit right now.

I was surprised that this got such coverage.

They lost the war on guns... Gays are the only distractive issue the Democrats have left. No matter how Democrats try, rational people are still far more concerned with the economy than a gay basketball player outing himself from the closet.

they are now saying this move will open up endorsement opportunities for him. what products will he endorse? preparation H?

Nobody tell grumps that the 4 year old with cancer who was allowed to score a touchdown for Nebraska (I think) met with Obama and it took all of 15 minutes. I'm sure he'll fall off his bar stool.

Nobody tell grumps that the 4 year old with cancer who was allowed to score a touchdown for Nebraska (I think) met with Obama and it took all of 15 minutes. I'm sure he'll fall off his bar stool.

That was a touching scene. Having said that I see the point of the thread missed you. All these pages and you still couldn't figure it out. Good thing this guy is a hero for being gay cause he sucked as a ball player. Lmao

That was a touching scene. Having said that I see the point of the thread missed you. All these pages and you still couldn't figure it out. Good thing this guy is a hero for being gay cause he sucked as a ball player. Lmao

No need to read anything in the thread dude...the President takes a few minutes out of his schedule to call a guy who exhibited uncommon bravery given the demographic of professional mens' sports in this nation and you go ape shit. Do I have it right? And let me guess, nearly every conservative leaning poster felt the same way and nearly every one else didn't see the big deal about it.

Basically, the board is like mad libs...if you recall them. Just fill in the verb (we have the noun--Obama) and the results are almost 100% predictable.

What is funny is that the partisan hacks on both sides of the aisle are the most vocal about the ineffectiveness of the government (sound familiar). Yet the elected officials are simply mirroring the partisan hackery and seek only to block, retard, rebuff, obfuscate, mis-characterize, verbally assault, and stalemate whichever party is in the majority.

In 3 years or so, I'm very confident that a member of the GOP will assume the Presidency. And those who are content now will suddenly feel assaulted, those who feel assaulted will feel content and the stalemate will continue regardless of anything else...
There's no reason to expect Lakhota and Truthmatters to not pick apart everything President ___________ does, assume there is sinister intent, criticize the cost, and blow everything out of proportion...is there?

Oh joy.:(

I hear that their is talk of a ticker tape parade through the Canyon of Heroes in lower Manhattan
this Summer.But I could be wrong.

Last edited:
the call to the gay ballplayer (play on words) showed where obama puts his priorities. He is more interested in changing how the country views aberrant behavior than in fixing our broke fiscal system and creating real jobs.

His ideology takes precedence over his job. you fools elected him and you deserve what he is doing to our economy and our culture.

Forum List

Back